transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest drh123

Ive had my Labour agreement come through, could anyone please advise me as to what forms I need to fill out for the visa?

Also does anyone know what type of visa I apply for?

Been on the website and there are that many simliar types its driving me nuts!!!

Cheers

Dean

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ironduke
Ive had my Labour agreement come through, could anyone please advise me as to what forms I need to fill out for the visa?

Also does anyone know what type of visa I apply for?

Been on the website and there are that many simliar types its driving me nuts!!!

Cheers

Dean

Dean, track back through this thread I think this question has been answered before.

As for certifying copies I found this on the Oz immigration website:

Certified documents

Do not supply original documents with your application unless asked to do so.

Note: Police checks are the exception. You must provide original police checks.

You should provide 'certified copies' of original documents. 'Certified copies' are copies authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you currently reside. All departmental offices outside Australia have the facility to certify or witness documents if necessary; this service may attract a charge.

See: Immigration Offices outside Australia

I'm now struggling to get a definitive answer as to who can certify them, certainly a solicitor or notary public, if anyone can tell us with a reference to the source would be a great help.

Dean, track back through this thread I think this question has been answered before.

As for certifying copies I found this on the Oz immigration website:

Certified documents

Do not supply original documents with your application unless asked to do so.

Note: Police checks are the exception. You must provide original police checks.

You should provide 'certified copies' of original documents. 'Certified copies' are copies authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you currently reside. All departmental offices outside Australia have the facility to certify or witness documents if necessary; this service may attract a charge.

See: Immigration Offices outside Australia

I'm now struggling to get a definitive answer as to who can certify them, certainly a solicitor or notary public, if anyone can tell us with a reference to the source would be a great help.

All your service certificates and stuff like that can be certified by your co but your passport and birth certificate have to be done by either a justice of the peace or a solicator,

I went to plymouth courts to see a justice of the peace but they wanted 25 pounds per signature so in the end i went to a solicator in mutley plain, and she will do them for you really really cheap her name is rhiannon on shes at curtis solicators

Hope this helps

Carolann

All your service certificates and stuff like that can be certified by your co but your passport and birth certificate have to be done by either a justice of the peace or a solicator,

I went to plymouth courts to see a justice of the peace but they wanted 25 pounds per signature so in the end i went to a solicator in mutley plain, and she will do them for you really really cheap her name is rhiannon on shes at curtis solicators

Hope this helps

Carolann

Hi everything can be signed by an Officer in the navy, my husband had everythng

done bu a 2 and half ringer, tht was nthe passport and the birth certificate, and they excepted the lot, we didnt have to go anywhere or pay anyone anything, get someone in the navy to do it for u

Anita

Guest guest25493

yep, thats what mu hubby did..why pay out all that money when you get it done for free

god wish i had known this last week instead of running round like a blue bumed fly, oh well suppose it dont matter to much only cost me a packet of chocolate biscuits hehe,

Does anyone know the quickest way to get it their ive heard DHL are really good but what about the post office they got our TOS back out their really quick, OMG what if it gets lost in the post ARRGGGHHH

god wish i had known this last week instead of running round like a blue bumed fly, oh well suppose it dont matter to much only cost me a packet of chocolate biscuits hehe,

Does anyone know the quickest way to get it their ive heard DHL are really good but what about the post office they got our TOS back out their really quick, OMG what if it gets lost in the post ARRGGGHHH

Hi Carolann, we've just sent Steve's RN meds with DHL (Staples at St Andrew's Cross, Plymouth) it took 3 working days, cost £31.95 and we tracked it on the net 'til the moment it was signed for. You need to get to Staples before about 10am for it to leave the same day. Hope all is going well xxx

Guest guest25493
Hi Carolann, we've just sent Steve's RN meds with DHL (Staples at St Andrew's Cross, Plymouth) it took 3 working days, cost £31.95 and we tracked it on the net 'til the moment it was signed for. You need to get to Staples before about 10am for it to leave the same day. Hope all is going well xxx

REMEMBER TO KEEP ALL THE RECEIPTS, FOR POSTAGE, PASSPORT PHOTOS, STAMPS, MEDS, XRAYS,ACRO ETC..BECAUSE YOU WILL GET IT ALL BACK:biggrin:

I just went online to the DHL website and they came and picked it up the next morning and it cost the same. The bloke checked that what i was sending wasnt dodgy and then he sealed it all up and put it in one of his bags with the labels. I tracked it and it took 3 days too. Terry George emailed me straight away when they had recieved it too.

Guest drh123

Ive sent everything by normal post, with signed delivery and that takes 4-5 days at half the cost! I know they give it back at the other end but if the cash is slim for the sake of 2 days its alot less out of the back pocket - especially if anything goes wrong!!! And you dont end up going!! Not to be too pessimistic lol

Guest drh123

Yes, thats where I have sent mine.

It does have an address on the Labour Agreement, mine said to send it there

Guest drh123

Oh no, do you know when that stopped, as i read emails in feb which hinted that they did?

hope i havnt missed it, I will try it anyway lol

Oh no, do you know when that stopped, as i read emails in feb which hinted that they did?

hope i havnt missed it, I will try it anyway lol

Hi they have stopped paying for ur pet to come over, we where the last people to get it and that was Jan 09, my friends that came in jan this year didnt get a penny, anf they only paid us 600 pound we had to pay the rest, and that was $6000 dollars. A lot of money but i wouldnt leave my dog, sorry to have to tell you that they dont pay.

As for sending off for the other thing email Terry George cant remember where we sent it to, I willl ask my friends if they know and let u know today

Anita :biglaugh:

Guest Ironduke
woohoo my visa is on its way and i have my medical tommorow afternoon cant wait for it to be over for some reason im feeling a little nervous about the medical

Nice one! Getting bored waiting for my labour agreement so emailed Immy today - you never know! Just for my info, did all those that got their labour agreement quickly be going over next january? It might explain the delay with mine if I'm not going till next June, or not lol

Guest The Rolts

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding transfer to RAN. We have just filled out our Visa application ready to post to Parramatta but can't get our heads around how we pay for it. Has anyone got to that stage?

Thank you

Katrina

Guest guest25493

we paid by bankers cheque..just went into the hsbc and they gave us a cheque made payable to dept of immi and c/ship

Guest guest25493

:policeman: Advice for those coming to Sydney and getting onto homefind..as soonas you have your PMkeys number (rank number) you CAN GET ONTO HOMEFIND..get your sponsor to chase them if you cant,they will fob you off. browse as many houses as you,maybe temp lock one down,as long as you can still view, but better still..wait until you get here to decide. You may be told that there are no houses available till blah blah..rubbish, new ones are always coming on, and the DHA will try and make you rush into locking one down. you have weeks in temp accomm (self contained flat in a hotel), and they will find you a house. try do avoid anything in parrammatta council area..Dundas,Ermington,Telopea,Carlingford, wattle grove, Ryde..they are not good areas...miles from the beach, very built up, no local cafes etc, and you have to drive everywhere. they are very Asian orientated as well, so if your children go to a local school, it will be very Asian......nice people, nothing against them, just letting you know.

Castle hills is another area, nice area, but absolutely miles from anywhere,and you will need to drive on the nightmare roads ( undertaking,tailgating is the norm).

Sutherland shire is very nice,caringbah, miranda, gymea,cronulla etc...lots of shops, beaches,cafes,bars...Sydneys secret, as you imagine Australia to be. Northern beaches are nice..but it would take hours to get to work, you would have to leave at 3am.

i am telling you because, once you have moved into a house, and you decide that the area is pants, you will not be able to move,or at least it will be very hard.

We have been here since January, and love Australia, love my house, my street...but wish we were not rushed into taking a house when we were in the UK. We were told that no houses to our needs were available etc, but if we had waited until we got here, we wouldn't of taken this house, but kept looking..even if it meant we had to go down the private rental route.( still pay $170 per fortnight rent, DHA pay the rest).

Love my house..not the area.

Hope this helps some of you:chatterbox:

Have sent my initial application (trade certs, references, service history, etc) in to RAN. They asked for my RN medicals to be completed and sent - which I did and they received them 2 weeks ago. Got an email saying they would take 6-8 weeks to assess my medicals before I hear anything.

On my initial application March 2010 I put that I would like to start August 2011.

With this (hopeful) start date in mind this means I'm going to have to put my notice in at the end of this month (July 2010). It states on the RAN website that no-one can start work for them if they are still on Terminal leave.

Do you know when you have to hand your ID card back? Does it have to be at the end date of terminal leave or can you hand it back during that terminal leave period? How long is terminal leave?

There is no chance of me getting early release, as I am at the start of a sea draft on a sea going submarine.

It seems a bit dodgy giving my notice in before I have even received a job offer. I presume the RAN are interested - seeing as after evaluating my application, they asked for my medicals to be done (of which I was told by RN doctor I had passed this end).

Should I just stop worrying and stick my notice in now or wait til I get a TOS and then stick my notice in and hope the RAN will delay my start date?

Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

We were the same my OH didnt want to put his notice in till he had a firm job offer so he went and spoke to his capt and they worked out between them that he wouldnt put his notice in till he had the job offer and that they would get him early release, if you tell them what you got planned they should be able to work somthing out for you,

About the ID card i think you are supposed to hand it in at the end of terminal leave but you could always post it to them, o9r maybe give it to them when you have completed your leaving routine,

LOL i really wouldnt know i still have mine even though i left years ago haha i use it as id at the post office when i miss stuff from ebay :-)

Archived