transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Thanks Anita and Dougie, you may be my new best friend lol

And YESSSSSSSS, the VISA is here!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well done dean, many congratulations. time will fly now as you will be busy with even more forms now for Pickfords and the Aus Embassy. When you do your pickfords forms, make sure you check oz prices for your insurance, things are expensive here !!!!!! Weell out west they are, not sure about Sydney........

Chris

:biggrin:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drh123

At what point can we get onto the defence housing website to have a look, do we have to wait untill the dates of travel have been finalised or can we get access when our Visas are sorted, any help would be much appreciated

Dean

Guest drh123

Does anybody know who to contact to ask for the waiver of the reserve service which we are required for on completion of RN service?

Does anybody know who to contact to ask for the waiver of the reserve service which we are required for on completion of RN service?

CONGRATULATIONS YAY :jiggy:

we have been trying to get that reserve service waver thing for two weeks now and have no idea where to get it

lol lol lol its sooooooooooo exciting :jiggy:

At what point can we get onto the defence housing website to have a look, do we have to wait untill the dates of travel have been finalised or can we get access when our Visas are sorted, any help would be much appreciated

Dean

Hi Dean we couldnt get on to homefinder until we got here and im so glad about that, it gave us the chance to drive around and have a look for ourselves. My friend locked one down b4 she came here and hated it 3 weeeks after she moved in. Or if you do find one ask me or Lynette what that area is like first, and we will tell you if its ok or not.

Anita and Dougie :spinny:

OK Peeps........

The reserve service waiver is obtained by first ringing then possibly writing to:

Melanie Robinson - 02392628742

melanie.robinson155@mod.uk

NPT Reserves

Room 108

MP 1-2

West Battery

Whale Island

Portsmouth

Hants

PO2 8DX

Hope this helps everyone and good luck.

Chris

OHHHHHHH

Your a star

We or should i say I have been getting really worked about about this lol

THANK YOU:jiggy:

OHHHHHHH

Your a star

We or should i say I have been getting really worked about about this lol

THANK YOU:jiggy:

You dont need to worry about the waiver that much they sent my husband a letter, he just wrote and told them he had joined the Navy over here and that was it. They where happy with that,

Anita and Dougie :chatterbox:

Guest drh123

Ha ha ha ha ha

That woman hasnt answered my emails or messages anyway!!!

Oh well, atleast i will have my ID code in the next few weeks to look at houses to give me an idea.

WOOHOO!!!

Now I just wish this darn house would sell!!!

YAY had the email yesterday afternoon from georgia to book the hotels and flights woohoo im so excited and the woman from pickfords was really sweet spent about an hour on the phone to her this morning boaring her about how excited i am wooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

Guest drh123

Well, pre move survey is to be completed on Weds 6th Sept.

Flights booked and have selecte Hong Kong as a stop over - has anybody else selected this?

Passports are back with Visa enclosed and my PMKeys account should be sorted in the next two weeks allowing me to access the DHA website - although thanks to Anita this will be to browse only, we are keeping to your advice to wait untill we come over to select a place.

Hope everyone else is keeping ok

Guest guest25493
Well, pre move survey is to be completed on Weds 6th Sept.

Flights booked and have selecte Hong Kong as a stop over - has anybody else selected this?

Passports are back with Visa enclosed and my PMKeys account should be sorted in the next two weeks allowing me to access the DHA website - although thanks to Anita this will be to browse only, we are keeping to your advice to wait untill we come over to select a place.

Hope everyone else is keeping ok

see you in january then:cute:

Guest gavnicjacflo

Dean,

Well mate you're nearly there, good news on the stop over what other choices did you have ?? Time will fly now, hows things going with the house?

Guest drh123

Hi Gav,

The other choices were Dubai and Singapore, or you could take two days off relaxing in Oz - but im guessing very few people do that lol

Hi Gav,

The other choices were Dubai and Singapore, or you could take two days off relaxing in Oz - but im guessing very few people do that lol

We came straight to Australia we had no chioce thats what we where told we had to do. Speaking to others they all enjoyed there stay over in other places, but we got to have a nice few days here doing nothing.

Hope u enjoy ur stop over.

Anita and Dougie :biglaugh:

Guest guest25493

we has Singapore,and it was lovely.it gave us all a chance to adjust to the jetlag,in fact when we arrived in Sydney,at night,we went straight to bed,and woke the the next morning full of beans and no jetlag at all!! in fact we went to a BBQ the next evening. Our temp accom was the medina in the city,and was lovely.right by the train station for my hubby to get to work,close to the banks and right next to darling harbour and so circular quays (opera house),and next to hyde park . have fun

we has Singapore,and it was lovely.it gave us all a chance to adjust to the jetlag,in fact when we arrived in Sydney,at night,we went straight to bed,and woke the the next morning full of beans and no jetlag at all!! in fact we went to a BBQ the next evening. Our temp accom was the medina in the city,and was lovely.right by the train station for my hubby to get to work,close to the banks and right next to darling harbour and so circular quays (opera house),and next to hyde park . have fun

I remember that bbq aswell, very nice it was too :) x

Archived