Hairdressing thread

TaniaColin

Why dont they let you wind a perm in setting lotion and go through all the chemical process orally if it is so hard to get models? The same with full head tints and use conditioner etc and just explain your colour choice and how you achieve your target colour. That is how most of us learned to get our speed up before being let loose with chemicals. I think as long as you back up your techniques with knowledge of each process it would work ok. Good luck everyone who is sitting it soon!

Toria

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phewww passed my practical wey heyyy .... thats a hurdle out the way! rang to say im changeing address and asked how long untill i find out results she said letter went out today, and to tall me ive passed , now i only have to cough up for the yearly rego.. so $ 275 for the two exams and im not sure but i think its $ 90 for the yearly , ill let you all know later!

Congrats Sharon well done

Tania X:wubclub:

phewww passed my practical wey heyyy .... thats a hurdle out the way! rang to say im changeing address and asked how long untill i find out results she said letter went out today, and to tall me ive passed , now i only have to cough up for the yearly rego.. so $ 275 for the two exams and im not sure but i think its $ 90 for the yearly , ill let you all know later!

well done that diddent take long, your now a proper hairdersser lol:notworthy:joolsx

Guest lisaandnigel

hi everyone, been in willetton for 4 weeks now , and all going good my boys are in school and my partner has work , apart from me , need to get out there and work to meet people, just printed off the rego, and it does say the board deciedes whether you have to sit exams, so my question is is there any one who hasnt had to re do exams.

i have all my city and guilds certificates, level 2 and 3 .

also how long does it take.

lisa

hi everyone, been in willetton for 4 weeks now , and all going good my boys are in school and my partner has work , apart from me , need to get out there and work to meet people, just printed off the rego, and it does say the board deciedes whether you have to sit exams, so my question is is there any one who hasnt had to re do exams.

i have all my city and guilds certificates, level 2 and 3 .

also how long does it take.

lisa

hi im next door to you nearly leeming, i have just done the rego exams and i was city and guilds trained m and the guild.. everyone i know has done the exam and an australian i know who came from queensland also had to do the exam though she was not happy about that!! you send your application in and they decide from there, you have to be registered anyway, yearly by law, to work in hairdressing, so fingers crossed you never know..pm if you need any help!

Guest lisaandnigel

hi sharon , so whats involved in the exams, so hate exams lol, how long have you been here then ?

are you settled and liking it here.

lisa

ooo, 'mad cow' are you in perth? If you are...pls tell me where you get your hair done.....i so miss english hairdressers! Aussies are so far behind with their styles & techniques!!!

Thanks!!

Karen

Guest lisaandnigel

hi everyone , so so happy just recieved letter of approved registration just have to send of fee payment and then they will sent out my rego .

no exams taken so pleased.

so any one want a english mobile hair dresser, i am in willetton so any suburbs near by pm me.

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone could let me know if they have any experience in this...

What is the likelihood of sponsorship from a salon for a very experienced UK trained / qualified, and also Aussie qualified hairdresser?

We are considering spending a few months in Aus to try and make contacts network with salons to gain sponsorship but don't want to waste the time or effort if we are embarking on a hopeless task.

Do any of the bigger salons go for sponsoring pommies or is it too much hassle for them?

Do the Employer Sponsored Visas such as 119, 121 tend to cater for more blue chip companies and bigger organisations, or do smaller companies like salons bother with these?

Cheers

BB

Guest lisaandnigel
so maybe if your nvq trained you won't have to resit your exams there is a bonus .. all the best with the mobile lisa!

thankyou , well maybe , not sure did you go through the tra to get your visa ?

Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone could let me know if they have any experience in this...

What is the likelihood of sponsorship from a salon for a very experienced UK trained / qualified, and also Aussie qualified hairdresser?

We are considering spending a few months in Aus to try and make contacts network with salons to gain sponsorship but don't want to waste the time or effort if we are embarking on a hopeless task.

Do any of the bigger salons go for sponsoring pommies or is it too much hassle for them?

Do the Employer Sponsored Visas such as 119, 121 tend to cater for more blue chip companies and bigger organisations, or do smaller companies like salons bother with these?

Cheers

BB

hi maybe you would be better posting this where the migration issues section is , can't really help you , but all the very best... where are heading?

Guest Bill_er_Bong
hi maybe you would be better posting this where the migration issues section is , can't really help you , but all the very best... where are heading?

Heading to WA on a 176 visa... we got our sponsorship through from WA at the end of last month, but with the changes brought in last week might have to wait ages now. So thats why we're looking at the employer route now... Cheers. BB

Hi all...

Cheers

BB

hi ,

i know morrice mead sponcer there quite big i did a trade test for them recently but they said they wanted me for an educator and also said i would have to go in a matter of weeks i willl say its a very upper class type of salon and i was made to feel very uncomfortable when there but maybe worth you trying , i just went on to there web page and rang head office.

goodluck

jools x

Archived