Hairdressing thread

TaniaColin

Aussie hairdresser ,

hey don't go taking the mick out of all us aussie hairdressers as we are not all bad hairdressers. lol! yes i do agree that there are some bad ones out and about but im not one( aussie hairdresser)! i like to make sure i do the job to the best!

*love this thread you have started and good luck to all the new ,uk hairdressers into AUSSIE!*

PS. don't take any CRAP that they give out! And always check ya pay and make sure ya get the right wage ya deserve!other then that, i do enjoy the place where i work is great, fair and enjoyable!

cheers leanne

(fraggles WIFE)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

Ok here goes im new to all this!!

My name is Deanne. Im a mobile hairdresser in the uk and trying to apply for WA. But im finding it very hard to get started. I know that hairdressers are on the SOL and my total points i can get seam different on web tests but about 120 so i know that i can apply for a 175 visa. Has anyone got any advice on any agents to use to help with application, and how long it will take before we could get out there??

I am 30 in Nov 2011 so i need the extra points for being under 30!!

I also have an Aunt that could sponsor me, but with 2 young children would it effect child care cost ect??

Sorry so many questions, but really need some help as want to get application done asap!!!

Oh also do i have to do any test ect. Been in profession for 11 years

Thanks in advance!!!:smile:

Hi Dee30 welcome to the forum have you thought about using an agent to help you with the process, i used Go-matilda for my visa application and i don't think i could have done it without their help and support. I don't know about sponsoring but i am sure someone will be along to help you shortly. Good luck

Tania x

Thanks for your quick reply, i am very tempted with going with an agent. Your application went thro very quick, wish it was the same now!! Cant wait to get sorted to go........Any advice if you have any, is very appreciated

Thank you xx:smile:

Hi guys,

Think i should of started a new thread but dont know how!! Ok here is my problem...

I score enough points for a 176 visa. But because i dont work 20 hours per week for 12 months out of the last 24 i dont qualify as a skilled worker....But here is the way in, sort of..I am a self employed hairdresser, so i work 16 hours only 4 hours short so basically i can find ways to look like 20 hours...

Anyway ive been in contact with 2 very helpful agents, global visa and go Matilda. I have heard some not so good things about global but they have said that its possible to get visa. I had (on paper) 9 months off maternity leave last year, which they have said doesnt need to be mentioned.

Go Matilda are very helpful, but either missing my opportunity for this in or they cant do it..........

So are global just after my money and im going to have to find paper work i dont have or do i go with them to get my visa????

Please help if you can:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hi dee 30 i went with Go-Matilda i think you will find that the maternity leave does have to be mentioned, as you have to prove that you did 20 hours a week in a salon, or your case mobile, i had not long had my baby when i first started the application, but i no i struggled to prove this, as i was teaching at the college, which could not be counted towards my hours. I had to supply accounts and it was worked out on average what i would be taking every week, and i just scrapped through, so if you weren't working at all how would your accounts reflect this?? I might be mistaken but i failed TRA first time then had to submit alot more evidence, with receipts, accounts and stat decs from more clients and even the wholesalers what i used wrote a letter to say how long i had traded with them and how much roughly i spent with them.

Just get a bit more advice and probably speak to Go-Matilda

Tania x

Thanks for advice. I am waiting for a reply from go matilda so will see what they say. This is the prob when in this country you want to pay min tax and get help with child care costs! All my figures are to show i work 16 hours a week so they cant be that far out for working 20 hours. Just depends on this maternity thing. If it does matter then we just need to wait till sept then apply as that a year since maternity ben stopped.

Did you send info with application or wait till they asked for it? Did all this still take a year or was this going on for a lenght of time befor had?

Cheers Dee xx

I did change some of my figures in the end, as i was struggling, just thought blow it, if i have to pay a bit more tax on my earnings then it was worth it instead of waiting longer, and luckily it worked in our favour, i know for what go-matilda said i needed to be earning i wasn't quite there, for that year when i had my baby and some maternity leave, and then luckily i went into partnership with a friend and we opened a salon so i had plenty of hours then, and lots of stock and equipment to prove everything.

Good luck, i waited until go-matilda asked for the info and then i sent it off accordingly

Tania x

I felt it was all unfair when i had 24 years hairdressing experience and lots of quals and other training i had done, but it was the last two years which counted, especially when i had previously owned two salons and had a successful mobile clientele, but i was told you have to prove it is your living and not just cutting family and friends hair

Tania x

Hi Tania

I have heard nothing but bad things about global visa, i think i may be led into faulse hope with this company. Go Matila are def the company i want to go with just need to get round this problem 1st.

But it will only mean if my maternity will be a prob then my 12 months is Sept so my book work can be ammended slightly for extra hours. Its only adding an extra 4 hours per week so nothing major. Just my gross was low on paper coz of tax reasons!!!

Ok another day at it with trying to find out info

Feel likes its going to take years just for this bit!!!

Thanks again

Dee xx

Hi just wondered if anyone can help...

Im a mobile hairdresser in the uk, applying for a 176 visa. I have to get my evidence together for tra but i dont know where to start!!

Has any one done it that can help!!

So much paper work!!!

Should my agent help me with tis and let me know what i should need.........I will be with Go Matilda

Thanks Dee xx

Guest karen190572

Hi I have just sent my application off to the TRA it took me quite a long time gathering evidence , I put in everything and more than i needed , I didnt use a agent because my sister has just gone through all the process so she helped me loads , I now wait for the decision hoping to hear around the end of March ....... just take your time and do everything twice lol I drove my self insane!!! this forum helped me because you can ask likewise people questions , good luck xxxx keeping my fingers crossed for my application xxxx

Karen

Hi Dee your agent will advise you on what to put in it, for mine i started with my first job and wrote about everything i did there, from shampooing, cleaning and answering the telephone, then i wrote what my duties were in the next salon etc. Add as much detail as possible, i also gathered all my certificates together and any short courses i had been on. Start thinking about clients you can get to do stat decs together, etc

Tania x

Hi,

We have just moved to Adelaide with an 18 yr old daughter who has just gained her NVQ2 back in the UK. She would like to continue her training and further her career so if their are any salon owners in the Adelaide area looking for a junior stylist/trainee, please bear her in mind.

Hi just wondered if anyone can help...

Im a mobile hairdresser in the uk, applying for a 176 visa. I have to get my evidence together for tra but i dont know where to start!!

Has any one done it that can help!!

So much paper work!!!

Should my agent help me with tis and let me know what i should need.........I will be with Go Matilda

Thanks Dee xx

Hello Dee.

Your consultant will guide you through the process ... if you have any questions just ask.

Best regards.

Thanks for advise, i am finding the whole thing very confusing!! too many visa's and ties into them as well....It seams if i had been a mother that put kids straight into child care and worked loads of hours then i would have all the evidence!!

Does any one know if a state sponsor means that i will have to work for a period of time in that state? My plan was to get my Aunt to sponsor me and my husband be the main earner and any private work i do is an added bonus to us!!

Anyone know if this is possible??

I have red so much stuff i think maybe too much, but dont want to start process with costs ect if it not going to work out!!

Thanks Dee x

Dee,

Is the problem that you do not have sufficient recent work experience?

If so, I am afraid that this impacts on any skilled visa strategy, whether you go for State/Territory Sponsorship, or family sponsorship.

Best regards.

Alan,

The problem is i had maternity leave last year which has effected my income to prove hours of work, because im a self employed mobile hairdresser the main back up of paper work would be income.

So i can wait until Sept, which is fine but what im more worried about is that if having this sort of visa means i will have to find work with in the first 2 years it wont work for us as my income wouldn't cover our costs. Also because i haven't worked for more then 20 hours a week for 3-4 years i cant get the extra points,even tho i have been doing my job for 11 years!

Our other problem we are finding at the moment is my husbands qualifications don't seam to be recognised in oz, he comes under seafarer sea captain has loads of experience but he isn't getting any response to see if he is ok to get work when we are out there.

Maybe staying in the uk is our safe option!! In the cold, wet, snowy weather!!!

Were just worried with taken to young children out there that it is a big risk and i dont want to be sent back if it goes wrong!!!

I hope im not the only person that seams to worry this early into it all!!!

Kind regards

Dee

Hi Dee have you actually spoken to someone from Go-matilda, they will guide you through the initail skills assessment which shouldn't cost you alot of money, you will only need to prove you have worked the 20 hours a week over the 2 year period and then once you have your visa you can work as much or as little as you like

Tania x

So if you are state sponsored when we get their, my husband can work and not me? Or coz its me going for visa am i the one that has to show that i have worked in them 1st 2 years of being their? Im not sure if i am confusing it with the 475 visa which is only a 3 year one befor you can get pr and you have to live and work in the same state for at least 2 years out of the 3....

Hopefully that is where my confusion is!!!

I would def have to use agent i would never get there on my own. I have emailed Marina at go mitilda a few times, she is very helpful.

Thanks Tanya its def nice getting the feed back on here from others that have done it! I am a complete worrier!

Dee xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest karen190572

Hi looking for advice . I have 2 daughters and neither of them see their dad , what permission do i need if any and how do i go about it , to take them to live in oz ???

Thanks Karen x

Archived