Hairdressing thread

TaniaColin

Hi Karen you will need a court order, start your own thread and you will get lots of replies or search previous threads. My children never saw their father, but i had to go to court, and get an order. You will need to show that you have done lots of research on the area you want to live, researched schools, how you hope to support yourselves etc.

Good luck

Tania x

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in two minds as to whether to apply for a 175 visa for my step daughter or "take a chance" and she comes over on a WHV and tries to find an employer who will sponsor her. Hairdressers dont seem to be on the new SOL list that is coming out in July. Any advice anyone?

John

• 1 month later...

hi dee,

i have done all the visa process by my self, i also was on maternity leave like you and i am also a mobile hairdresser only working 2to 3 days a week. At the moment WA SS is the way to go as they are the only state sponsoring hairdressers, you dont have to work in hairdresssing you can so what you want, you have to just stay in the state for 2 years, i can also help you with your TRA appication, I have been hairdressing for 23 years and mobile for 9 years

if you need my help just PM me

april

• 1 month later...
Guest supersye
Hello

I'm a UK Hairdresser in Queensland, if you need any advice I will try to answer any questions you fellow PIO's put to me, Good Luck....

Hi there,

My wife and i are hoping to move to oz as soon as possible. My wife is an aussie so i only have to apply for the spouse migration visa. Will i need aussie qualifications to work in oz? Ive been hairdressing 25 years and i have city & guilds (before it was nvq) city & guilds nvq lvl 2, National diploma of hairdressing (an nhf qualification) and a tony and guy advanced cutting diploma. Im slightly colour blind so only do cuts, will this hinder me? currently i only work in salons that have technicians so this isnt a problem.

From what ive read hairdressers in oz seem to earn quite a good wage compared to here in the uk ($44-46,000?) and my wife tells me it is respected much more as a profession. Is this true or are the wages just higher because everything else is more expensive?

Any advice you can give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi looking for advice . I have 2 daughters and neither of them see their dad , what permission do i need if any and how do i go about it , to take them to live in oz ???

Thanks Karen x

Hi Karen,

If you can get your daughters father to go to a solicitors, he can sign a 'Declaration of Consent' and this will avoid having to go to court. But I believe if he refuses your request to take the girls out of the country you would have to go to court.

The form needed (including further information) can be downloaded from the Australian High Commision's website www.immi.gov.au

My ex has agreed to sign a declaration of consent at a solicitors (just have to get him there now - he's been travelling abroad for a year). I wrote him a long email telling him of our future plans and asked for his permission and requested that he sign a dec. of consent. He said yes after emailing & talking to the children on the phone and making sure they want to go.

We (myself and my husband - my childrens step-father) are also wondering whether to get Parental Responsibility for my husband. This would have to be done at court with my husband, ex-husband and I present and would 'add' my husband as a responsible parent and not remove my ex's responsibilities. My husband will be mine and the childrens visa sponsor and I'm thinking it might make things 'all above board' regarding the children when we're out there. Also if anything happened to me out in Australia my husband would have legal parental responsibilty for the children (in case of emergency, etc).

I'm a hairdresser too btw. Have been hairdressing 23 yrs, my own salon for 14yrs of them. Hoping to be able to do it when we're out there. My husband will be in the Navy and our sponsor, so hopefully won't have to run the gauntlet of trying to obtain a visa as a hairdresser. I haven't worked for the past 2 years after having a baby. It looks like I would lose valuable points because of this - even though I have done 23 years full time hairdressing before!!

Best of Luck with everything :biggrin:

Guest karen190572
Hi Karen,

If you can get your daughters father to go to a solicitors, he can sign a 'Declaration of Consent' and this will avoid having to go to court. But I believe if he refuses your request to take the girls out of the country you would have to go to court.

The form needed (including further information) can be downloaded from the Australian High Commision's website www.immi.gov.au

My ex has agreed to sign a declaration of consent at a solicitors (just have to get him there now - he's been travelling abroad for a year). I wrote him a long email telling him of our future plans and asked for his permission and requested that he sign a dec. of consent. He said yes after emailing & talking to the children on the phone and making sure they want to go.

We (myself and my husband - my childrens step-father) are also wondering whether to get Parental Responsibility for my husband. This would have to be done at court with my husband, ex-husband and I present and would 'add' my husband as a responsible parent and not remove my ex's responsibilities. My husband will be mine and the childrens visa sponsor and I'm thinking it might make things 'all above board' regarding the children when we're out there. Also if anything happened to me out in Australia my husband would have legal parental responsibilty for the children (in case of emergency, etc).

I'm a hairdresser too btw. Have been hairdressing 23 yrs, my own salon for 14yrs of them. Hoping to be able to do it when we're out there. My husband will be in the Navy and our sponsor, so hopefully won't have to run the gauntlet of trying to obtain a visa as a hairdresser. I haven't worked for the past 2 years after having a baby. It looks like I would lose valuable points because of this - even though I have done 23 years full time hairdressing before!!

Best of Luck with everything :biggrin:

Thanks I have been this morning to make an appointment with a solicitor , I go and see her Monday morning , I really dont think he will go and sign but i will try , he hasnt seen them in 5 years and shows no sign of wanting to , but i will give it my best shot and if not i will go to court , thanks so much for your info ....... wish me luck x:notworthy:

Yes, Best of Luck.

Could be worth the hassle of having to talk to him if he signs the form :eek:.

My ex keeps in touch with the children by email (about once every 6-8 weeks :huh:) but pays nothing in the way of maintenance, he hasn't even sent our eldest a 12th birthday present and her birthay was in April! In spite of this I had to do a bit of grovelling when I wrote to him to ask his permission, knowing that he won't sign if I get his back up and we'll end up having to go to court, which will just prolong things and cost us more money (something he won't give a monkeys about).

Think it's worth printing the form from Aussie Immigration and taking it with you to the solicitor, as other people I've 'spoken' to on PIO that have been to solicitors have said that they didn't have a clue what forms were needed - providing them with the correct forms will hopefully save you money. After having to pay out quite a bit to solicitors for my divorce, I've learnt to do as much as possible yourself - it pains me to have to pay them to send a letter on my behalf, also I know it would wind my ex up getting a solicitors letter before he'd had a personal one from me - but everyone's circumstances and relations with their ex's are different.

It's reassuring to hear that Tania's court experience wasn't too harrowing and that if we have to go down that route it'll hopefully be smooth for us too.

Fingers crossed for you, keep us posted.

Guest karen190572

Hi which form am i printing out to take to the solicitor its like a minefield on the imm website !! i will be nice to him to get the forms signed but he changes like the weather and i just hope it goes well

Thanks Karen x

Hi which form am i printing out to take to the solicitor its like a minefield on the imm website !! i will be nice to him to get the forms signed but he changes like the weather and i just hope it goes well

Thanks Karen x

Hi, sorry for my delay in replying to you, we've been away camping for the weekend :cool:

I'm not sure where I found the form on the Immi website now (think I just put a search on there for 'Declaration of Consent'). If you PM me your email address I will forward the forms I have on my computer to you.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend :biggrin:

Guest supersye

Hi there,

My wife and i are hoping to move to oz as soon as possible. My wife is an aussie so i only have to apply for the spouse migration visa. Will i need aussie qualifications to work in oz? Ive been hairdressing 25 years and i have city & guilds (before it was nvq) city & guilds nvq lvl 2, National diploma of hairdressing (an nhf qualification) and a tony and guy advanced cutting diploma. Im slightly colour blind so only do cuts, will this hinder me? currently i only work in salons that have technicians so this isnt a problem.

From what ive read hairdressers in oz seem to earn quite a good wage compared to here in the uk ($44-46,000?) and my wife tells me it is respected much more as a profession. Is this true or are the wages just higher because everything else is more expensive?

Any advice you can give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Guest karen190572
Hi, sorry for my delay in replying to you, we've been away camping for the weekend :cool:

I'm not sure where I found the form on the Immi website now (think I just put a search on there for 'Declaration of Consent'). If you PM me your email address I will forward the forms I have on my computer to you.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend :biggrin:

Hey good news !! been to see my solicitor and as milly the youngest and she was born before december 2003 , her dad has no perental rights , but i am still going for the permission so i have it for future reference , he still can object but then i would have to go to court but she said he really wouldnt have any real power to stop me it just means i would have to go to a few court hearings , which of course i am willing to do . So i am very happy that he has no say in the matter yehhhhhhhhh :biglaugh:

• 7 months later...
Guest TrudiPepper

I have a question, I am currently a hairdresser in training...how long do you feel I would have to be qualified, and experienced for before being considered for a Skilled Migration Visa?

Thanking you

Guest karen190572

Hi , at the moment hairdressers are no longer on the occupation list for Australia , so for the the forseeable future you cant even apply for a skilled migration visa , I applied last May for my skilled migration visa and have heard nothing and I am not expecting to hear nothing for quite some time . Your best bet is get quailified and work full time at the job and see how the occupation list is in a few years , bad news I know but thats the way it is x

Guest TrudiPepper

That's completely the opposite of what I wanted you to say really lol

I'd do any career if I thought it'd help me get in quicker without having to work for the years of experience, they dont really take on freshly qualified do they...

Guest karen190572
State Sponsored Migration List 2011 :: Make The Move

Hairdressers can migrate to Australia via State Government sponsorship and a subclass 176 visa - so long as the occupation appears on a State Migration Plan.

See the above link for SA's list of occupations.

Best regards.

oops sorry yes I have ju:wacko:st read that I was looking to go to WA

Guest karen190572

:idea:

That's completely the opposite of what I wanted you to say really lol

I'd do any career if I thought it'd help me get in quicker without having to work for the years of experience, they dont really take on freshly qualified do they...

take a look at the TRA as they will tell you what the requirements are for your uccupation x

Guest karen190572

Hi , I have applied for a 175 visa in May last year , I am a hairdresser looking to go to WA Perth , my sister has just moved to Perth , can i boost my 175 visa up to a 176 with my sisters sponsor as a relative , if so how do i go about it ?

Thanks Karen:biggrin:

Guest karen190572
Then maybe you should consider SA instead ...?

Best regards.

Hi Alan , I put in for my 175 last May can i bump this up to a 176 as my sister has just moved to Perth , could i get a pelative sponsor through her ?

Thanks Karen

Guest Redsadie
State Sponsored Migration List 2011 :: Make The Move

Hairdressers can migrate to Australia via State Government sponsorship and a subclass 176 visa - so long as the occupation appears on a State Migration Plan.

See the above link for SA's list of occupations.

Best regards.

Hello everyone and Alan :biggrin:

I'm new here and have been reading through this thread with great interest as I am about to finish my Level II ladies hairdressing and LII Barbering. I have a job lined up here in the UK to gain salon experience although I was an apprentice back in 2008/09.

Alan, I have tried several times to download the file from the SA Gov site as suggested but it keeps telling me the file is corrupt. I have contacted them and they have sent me the file via email but it's still the same.. DO you know of anywhere I might be able to view in instead?

Many thanks

Sarah. xx

P.S. My hubby is 43 this June and we are hoping to get out to Oz by the time he is 45, I have seen on a different forum that the age has been extended to 49? Is this the case? Maybe I just read it wrong, lol! xx

Archived