Hairdressing thread

TaniaColin

Hi dont no if you can help but OH has her level 2 hairdressing would she be able to do it when we are over there going to WA. we r going on my skills , she has other qualls as well but just wondered thats all if i can get her working first i can take a more leisurly aproach LOL.

cheers chris

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracey Jay
Hi dont no if you can help but OH has her level 2 hairdressing would she be able to do it when we are over there going to WA. we r going on my skills , she has other qualls as well but just wondered thats all if i can get her working first i can take a more leisurly aproach LOL.

cheers chris

hi chris. i"m going to WA on my skills. i"m doing my level 3 at the moment. don"t know if you have to have it to work, i"m doing it because i want to. you do need to apply for a licence every year to work in WA and do a written and practical test as far as i know.... more money!!!

hope that helps abit, sorry no leisurely approach for you!!! tracey :laugh:

Guest Tracey Jay
Thanks Claire we go out on 1st June to validate staying until the 12th, although someone has put an offer in on our house today, so thrown us quite abit on what to do now.

Congrats on passing level 3 i bet your dead chuffed. When are you hoping to make the big move then??

Tania X

hi tania, hope you manage to sell your house this time. you seem to have been selling it for ages. just when you thought you were all sorted to validate someone throws a spanner in the works!! a nice 1 tho.

our meds went off today with dhl so nearly there now.....there"s light at the end of the tunnel. just a house to sell then :arghh: tracey xx

Guest Tracey Jay

hi tania, hope the house sale goes through ok for you. that"s it you could go in june and not come back!! wayhey!! putting our house up for sale as soon as we get our visas. fingers crossed.......

tracey x

• 1 month later...
Guest jogrant3232

bumping this up!
Hi Sharon havent spoke for ages, dont get on much, i leave it all to the OH.Im too busy working lol. How did you get on with the hairdressing exam?have you done it yet. Great news about the job hows it going?

hi jo, jobs going ok , im in the process of booking my written for next week had so much on its mad your feet don't touch the floor when you arrive do they? hows you? , went to mandurrah the other weekend allways think of you when were there !

Guest jogrant3232

hi jo, jobs going ok , im in the process of booking my written for next week had so much on its mad your feet don't touch the floor when you arrive do they? hows you? , went to mandurrah the other weekend allways think of you when were there !
Hi Sharon, You will be fine in your exam, a girl I work with didnt have to it. There are 10 questions on perming, 10 on colouring 10 on tinting and 10 on health n saftey. They give you 15min to read the paper then 1 hour to do it. Its fine hun, if I passed anyone can lol. If you are passing give us a call and pop in for a cuppa. Take care hun Jo x

Guest lisaandnigel

hi everyone , ive probarly asked this before but cant remember what with sorting everything else out, arrg!!.... To do hairdressing in perth i understand i have to get a registration, can i do that from the uk or is it best to wait till get there. would like to get working as soon as poss..

our flight is booked on the 12 august.

lisa

Hi just got back from our validation trip we stayed in Mornington and i bought the local newspaper and there was 5 jobs advertised for hairdressers, so feel confident that i should get something, i certainly haven't seen that many jobs advertised in our local paper

Tania X

Guest cmasta

Hi Tania, how did you find Mornington and the surrounding areas. Come across many recent arrivals.

When do you think you will be back in Aus.

RF

• 5 weeks later...

hi , can anyone help me, ive just got back from reckie to perth have a job offer when i get there but i dont know where to begin with my tra, what do i need to send in, i have been a hairdresser for 12 years i did a nvq 2 in college and have my certs, i work 31 hrs at present and have done for two years,i did not do an apprentaship , and cant get refs from all of my past employers due to closure and the fact had to take one to court so i dont think he will help:wacko: any help is much appreciated just want to get there:jiggy:jools x

Guest Barefootpip

We have our visa and we are comming in 7 weeks (Ish) and im looking for a job in Redcliffe/Queensland area in hairdressing or barbouring. I have been qualified for about 9 years and im currently manager of a salon where I live for 2 years. If anyone knows of any or can pass my details on it will be much apprechiated.

Hi Jools

When i was filling in my TRA i just put as much info in there as possible from what you did in each place you worked, this is what i did, i did not do an apprenticeship either. Put things down like cleaning and sterilising tools. Customer service, consultations etc, i wrote pages. I also enclosed accounts, stat decs from clients and wholesalers. I did use Go-matilda and found them to be very good with helping me at this stage. I should not worry about not being able to get refs from employers i did not have any either, as i have been self-employed for 24 years. I'm sure you will get more response from other hairdressers.

Best of luck with it all

Tania X

We have our visa and we are comming in 7 weeks (Ish) and im looking for a job in Redcliffe/Queensland area in hairdressing or barbouring. I have been qualified for about 9 years and im currently manager of a salon where I live for 2 years. If anyone knows of any or can pass my details on it will be much apprechiated.

Hi and welcome to the forum, a big congrats on your visa

Tania X:yes:

Guest Barefootpip

Thanks for the welcome. Everythings goilg well so far. Just finding it a bit hard on going for any salon jobs as im looking at salons in our chosen area and they are not showing an email address or website. Will be doing it the old fashion way of post.

Hows the house sell going?

Hi, we think the house sale is going to be alright, although it has been a bumpy ride, when we did our reccie trip i bought the local paper and there was quite a few hairdressing jobs advertised, haven't you got friends or family who could look in the local papers for you??

Tania X

Guest Barefootpip

Unfortunatully we don't have anyone in Redcliffe/Brisbane area. I have a friend in Magnetic Island but thats too far. Going to be writing the letters tonight and posting them with my C.V and link to a web site I have made (Anyone wanting some handmade individual jewellery, look at my link) with a scanned copy of my qualifications on the web site.

Hope alls well with you and anyone redaing this...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alicesmum

hello, i am new to this, and i have read this entire thread, i am a hairdresser hoping to move to brisbane with my fiance and 3 year old daughter, what are the fees like with go matilda? i am worrying now we would not get the visa as hairdressers have been taken off the list, and how dis everybody apply for their visas? online at immi.gov? and i keep reading about written and practical tests, and tra? what are these? can somebody please help me get started?

thank you

katie x

hi katie, you need to ring an agent and talk to them on the phone, they will tell you all you need to know, go mathilda have a really good reputation on here , there is also a thread for** which agent did you use..im hairdresser in wa , but we came on my oh's skill for visa and we used 1st contact migration agents google all on the web , the tests ive done are for wa state haidressing regulation board , only viable in this state i think , please don't qoute me on that as i may be wrong! a written and practical, you have to do these to actually be able to get a job here in wa allthough you can get a permission to work letter prior if you register and book first exam .... ( all about the money in mine and many ozzies opinions), all the best keep posting you will get more answers , maybe better to post on migration issues as well , all the best

Archived