We Fly Tonight!!

Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Yes, the time has come, after all the stress, worrying and bloody paperwork, we finally fly to Brizzy tonight with Emirates. We are staying with friends initially on the Sunshine Coast (Alexandra Headland), then looking to settle somewhere on the Redcliffe Peninsular (Mango Hill, North Lakes), depending on jobs. It comes round really quickly, so don't get to caught up with it all, enjoy your time with your family, they sure make you feel like you are never coming back again! Thanks to those that have advised us in the past and good luck to any one 'in the process'.

Will keep you posted how we get on,

Andy

:spinny:

Guest sheena

hi andy & family!

have a safe and happy flight! enjoy it!!

keep us posted after you have arrived etc,

sheena :wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Andy

Hope you and the family have a safe journey over, don't forget us when you arrive, we would love to keep in touch and see how you all are.

Yes, the time has come, after all the stress, worrying and bloody paperwork, we finally fly to Brizzy tonight with Emirates. We are staying with friends initially on the Sunshine Coast (Alexandra Headland), then looking to settle somewhere on the Redcliffe Peninsular (Mango Hill, North Lakes), depending on jobs. It comes round really quickly, so don't get to caught up with it all, enjoy your time with your family, they sure make you feel like you are never coming back again! Thanks to those that have advised us in the past and good luck to any one 'in the process'.

Will keep you posted how we get on,

Andy

Gosh, soooo hope to be you within the next 12 months. The very best of luck and let us know what its like!:v_SPIN:

Guest Davidgolf

Have a great flight and bring some warm clothes its cold at the moment,its 4.30 in the afternoon and i have already lit a fire lol.

Hope you really enjoy your new life here,we love it.

Love Sharon

Guest KP Nuts

Wishing you all the very best in your new life down under.

Sorry I must of missed you getting your visa, so congratulations and i'll take you off the August list.

All the very best to you.

KP Nuts

Dear Andy and Family, Wishing you a pleasant journey and enjoy your new life in Australia. We are heading that way on the 8/12 so seems so far away but as you say i'm sure if will come round quickly.

Enjoy x

Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Thanks for the messages of support, Emirates were good to fly with but for Dubai change over, just made the connection due to airport works. Got sever case of jet lag, fell asleep at 5pm yesterday and awoke at 2.30 am this morning, been tapping away on the computer ever since. We arrived to a sunny Brisbane, a little fresh but sunny never the less and Australia looks great. Must admit though, that I am in the twilight zone at the moment, things look very alien and culturally strange, I am sure those that have emigrated and had never visited know exactly what I am talking about! The good news is that once settled (house and jobs), I can see myself calling Oz home, certainly going off from what I have seen so far. Every single Australian we have met so far has been incredibly friendly, from a couple we met on the flight, who have since invited us to stay with them in Rockhampton to the bank clerk who insisted on giving us every piece of advice he could in the space of 30 minutes. Defiantly more relaxed here, I am going to have to gear down a bit, not in my nature, but I am sure I will manage. So....................so good so far.

Andy & Family.

Guest lisa&matt

Hi Andy&family,

Hope you enjoy! we are expected to arrive in Brisbane within the next couple of months, were abouts are you?

Lisax

Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Hi lisa&matt,

We are staying with friends at the moment in Maroochydore on the sunny coast but are looking to move further south to North Lakes area. Not that this area is bad or anything, in fact its great, just need to be closer to Brisbane for work. We are travelling to North Lakes/Redcliffe area tommorow to take a look around and try and get a feel for the place. Got a job interview lined up for next week so a lot will hang on that where we end up living. Plans can change when you get here, believe me! Let us know where you end up.

Andy & Family

Guest JoanneHattersley

Welcome to Brissie! We are out in Sinnamon park in the western suburbs! Its great here and you know what..............its gets better the more relaxed you get and the longer you are here!!!! LOL!

Good Luck

Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Hi all,

So much for gearing down! What a first seven days...........I landed a job on the sunny coast (Kawana) on my first job interview as an Asset Manager Consultant for the mining industry. Can't believe it, a bit of travel involved, but mostly Mon - Fri. The company are going to train me and the money is twice what I expected to earn here. We are now in some holiday apartments for the next 4 weeks to take a breather before we look for a rental. We are really glad we can stay on the sunny coast, we love it here, we visited Redcliffe/North Lakes, although we thought it was nice down there, we think its fantastic here. We are now looking at primary schools for my lad, Mountain Creek, Buddina & Meridian State Schools. If anyone has had any experiences with these schools, please reply or PM, thanks.

Top tip, register your CV with as many nationwide recruitment agencies as you can, you never know what you will be offered.

Lovin it,

Andy & family.

Hi Andy, I have heard that Mountain Creek has an excellent reputation but sorry do not know this by my own experience.

Hope we strike gold like you have with a good job etc...

Wishing luck and happiness in Australia x

I landed a job on the sunny coast (Kawana) on my first job interview as an Asset Manager Consultant for the mining industry. Can't believe it, a bit of travel involved, but mostly Mon - Fri. The company are going to train me

Well done. Just as a matter of interest , is this a completely different career change for you or were you doing something similar in the uk?

JOHN

Archived