Movecube and cordless tools

Ned Kelly

Hi Guys, i know there's info on the site about shipping power tools but the movecube comes in a few weeks and i'm stumped. The paper work from movecube states no batteries so i dont want to mess up. Any advice would be appreciated as i have  various cordless tools all powered by lithium batteries?????

• 4 months later...
On 19/05/2020 at 22:53, Chris 2020 oz said:

Hi. Are you able to put a toolbox in a movecube? I've got a large snap on toolbox. 

Cheers 

How large is "large"?

I ask because I had to hand load my Movecube with assistance from their driver. Had to load the van in an hour. It wasn't a luton van either so everything was literally hoisted by hand into the "cube" inside the van.

22 hours ago, SWMOY04 said:

How large is "large"?

I ask because I had to hand load my Movecube with assistance from their driver. Had to load the van in an hour. It wasn't a luton van either so everything was literally hoisted by hand into the "cube" inside the van.

It's a big box. Top and bottom box weigh 360 kilos together. I can split them. Bottom box is 222kilo. I'm going to go for a large cube. Get some friends to help lift it. 

31 minutes ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

It's a big box. Top and bottom box weigh 360 kilos together. I can split them. Bottom box is 222kilo. I'm going to go for a large cube. Get some friends to help lift it. 

When we used the movecube there was a maximum weight limit. We missed this/didn't realise until the driver sealed the cube and said they go straight to weigh it. Can't remember the limit though, maybe 1.25 metric tonnes (I think). In the end we were just under but something to be mindful of if loading heavy items inside

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

When we used the movecube there was a maximum weight limit. We missed this/didn't realise until the driver sealed the cube and said they go straight to weigh it. Can't remember the limit though, maybe 1.25 metric tonnes (I think). In the end we were just under but something to be mindful of if loading heavy items inside

Correct 1.25 Tonnes it is, fingers crossed mine will be under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lavers said:

Correct 1.25 Tonnes it is, fingers crossed mine will be under.

My box 6 boxes of tools which I will weigh. Kids toys. Some kitchen stuff. New linen and bedding. Snacks and cleaning products. Which are all a lot cheaper over here. Should be fine for the weight limit. 

8 hours ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

My box 6 boxes of tools which I will weigh. Kids toys. Some kitchen stuff. New linen and bedding. Snacks and cleaning products. Which are all a lot cheaper over here. Should be fine for the weight limit. 

Be careful with sending food - that’ll make quarantine prick up their ears and the less that rings their alarm bells the better. Also, bedding in Australia is different sizes from U.K. so if you’re planning on using an Aussie bed then your U.K. bedding may not fit.  
We were very careful with weight in our cube but even though there were a lot of books and DH’s tools we came in quite comfortably under the weight limit. We weighed and displayed weight on every item. 

Just to add to Marissa and Quoll's comments - we packed anything that might need inspected last. The idea being they could open the box, find it immediately and not have to hrow the contents around looking for it. In the end we were fine but might be worth leaving the snacks as the very last thing packed so that they are easily accessbile to quarantine

• Like 2

I have a xmas bauble from the Caribbean which has sand and little seashells (not sure if real) in it, would this be confiscated? Should I just give it away.

Also how clean does everything have to be, I've cleaned my daughters hoverboard but I am struggling to get in under the wheel arches. I've cleaned what I can but can see some mud under the arch.

Edited by Lavers

• 2 weeks later...

Chris

I listed on my inventory 1 toolbox with various tools.....sevenseas have come back and asked me to list everything in it. 

Seeing as it went last tuesday I have had to make it up.

Edited by Lavers

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 12:57, Lavers said:

Chris

I listed on my inventory 1 toolbox with various tools.....sevenseas have come back and asked me to list everything in it. 

Seeing as it went last tuesday I have had to make it up.

Yea that will take ages to list everything. Considering most of mine are snap on I deffiently want them all covered. 

How are you getting on with the move? Are u over there yet? 

13 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Just getting ready to fly tomorrow mate....bit of a pain listing everything but at least you wont have to guess if they pull you on it later on.

Just want to say enjoy your flight, good luck, and hope you all have a happy life in Australia 😊

You will have days when you think "oh no, what have we done".  Those days pass and in time get less frequent, and it's normal too !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AliQ said:

Just want to say enjoy your flight, good luck, and hope you all have a happy life in Australia 😊

You will have days when you think "oh no, what have we done".  Those days pass and in time get less frequent, and it's normal too !

Cheers Ali

I hope everything works out for you regarding getting home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lavers said:

Just getting ready to fly tomorrow mate....bit of a pain listing everything but at least you wont have to guess if they pull you on it later on.

Good luck to you and your family Lavers.  Let us know how you all are once you're all settled. 😀

• Like 1