Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 20/08/2020 at 09:43, Bigtrev said:

Hi Kitty, we are in the same position. Our 2nd VAC was requested yesterday for our 143. We are currently onshore( on a three year 870) and have requested our visa to be granted but expect to be told this can’t be done. Will pay up and wait and see when and where we can travel to validate the visa. Worrying times for everyone.

Hi Big trev
You guys have been asked to pay the second VAC for 143? Really?
There are a a few people in this forum who have also paid the secind VAC but have been waiting for the GRANT. 
I wonder what that entails as the borders are still closed, 4000 capping on people returning from overseas. 
They shouldnt be askig for secind VAC unless they are ready to grant the visa soon enough. 
Will be keen to know what happens .....

Thank you so much everyone for your wishes❤️Means alot 

Visa 143 lodged -11/02/16

Request for further documents- 27/111/19

Assurance of support submitted- 03/02/20

aos accepted-26/02/20

Further requests regarding name change documents -26 march

additional documents req like marriage certificates,birth certificates-1 may

2nd vac request-21/08/20

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi Big trev
You guys have been asked to pay the second VAC for 143? Really?
There are a a few people in this forum who have also paid the secind VAC but have been waiting for the GRANT. 
I wonder what that entails as the borders are still closed, 4000 capping on people returning from overseas. 
They shouldnt be askig for secind VAC unless they are ready to grant the visa soon enough. 
Will be keen to know what happens .....

We contacted the department on Wednesday setting out our situation, as yet we have heard nothing. As we have 28 days to pay the 2nd VAC I’m hoping we hear something soon. I’ll keep you posted.

• Like 2

On 17/08/2020 at 10:28, Marilyn said:

My daughter has just submitted the application for AOS and they ask that she needs to go into her closest Centrelink to verify her documents and ID. Is anyone at that point now as we not too keen on going into a Centrelink during these times and in addition they give a number to call 132 850 but it doesnt even ring....Any advice would be greatly appreciated

All I can say is my daughter was in and out within 15mins. They didn’t maker her wait in a big queue but directed her elsewhere 

she got there just before they opened 

On 20/08/2020 at 07:43, Bigtrev said:

Hi Kitty, we are in the same position. Our 2nd VAC was requested yesterday for our 143. We are currently onshore( on a three year 870) and have requested our visa to be granted but expect to be told this can’t be done. Will pay up and wait and see when and where we can travel to validate the visa. Worrying times for everyone.

I git your message thanks

please let us know when you hear back from them 

On 21/08/2020 at 12:38, nitz said:

Hey guys just got an email request 2nd vac payment ,coudn’t be more happier .
thanks for supporting during this time @Alice___ @palaceboy1 @AlwaysVet 

you Should hear soon too  @Alice___ 

applied 11/02/16

Hi nitz,

Congratulations!  You are just very very close to the visa grant.  I waited 4 months from 2ndVAC payment to visa grant.  Just hope that you get yours a lot sooner.

May I ask if you are offshore?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

Hi nitz,

Congratulations!  You are just very very close to the visa grant.  I waited 4 months from 2ndVAC payment to visa grant.  Just hope that you get yours a lot sooner.

May I ask if you are offshore?  

Thanks mate hopefully soon and yeah i am offshore

• Like 2