AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

------Update -------

Hi all,

So far this is my timeline :

Brisbane Office,/ Gold Coast council....

Date of applied: 12/02/2016.

Online Application (provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: 12/02/2016.

Email for Citizenship Test 18/02/2016

Test Date 15/04/2016 at Brisbane

Wohooo Same day appointment as mine. What time you're scheduled for the appointment/test?

1. Date applied - 21/01/2016

2. City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

3. Online / Paper - Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 21/01/2016 (auto generated email within 5 minutes)​

5. Date of the Citizenship Test invitation - 2/2/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test - 15/02/2016

7. Date of Approval Letter - 15/02/2016

8. Date of ceremony - Waiting

9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Waiting

Updated timeline.

1. Date applied - 17/8/15

2. City/Council area - Melbourne, Maribyrnong

4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 18/8/15 (actually within 2 hours of applying but due to lateness of time I applied technically the next day)

4a. Date received the appointment date by email - 3/9/15

5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 1/10/15

6. Date of ceremony - 15/03/2016

7. Type of ceremony -

Updated - finally got a ceremony date!! It'll be 5.5 months after the citizenship test. Not even in my council area - a special ceremony arranged by DIAC in East Melbourne to stop wait lists going over 6 months according to the invitation letter.

1. Date applied - ​29/10/2015
  2. City/Council area - Randwick
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 29/10/2015
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test invitation - 29/10/2015
  6. Date of the Citizenship Test - 11/11/2015
  7. Date of Approval Letter - 12/11/2015
  8. Date of ceremony - Waiting
  9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Waiting

Just waiting for a date - hopefully not too much longer and glad to hear they try to make sure it isn't more than 6 months

Guest dubsydney

Hi I hope somebody could enlighten me,it's been a month now that I have not receive a notification of approval of my citizenship application.What would be the possible reason? Why it takes so long to get it?

Note:I took the citizenship test together with my son and he got his one week after? Why????

Hi I hope somebody could enlighten me,it's been a month now that I have not receive a notification of approval of my citizenship application.What would be the possible reason? Why it takes so long to get it?

Note:I took the citizenship test together with my son and he got his one week after? Why????í*½í¸‚í*½í¸‚í*½í¸‚í*½í¸‚í*½í¸‚í*½í¸‚

My wife was the same. Out approvals came thru in around a week; my wife's approval took much longer to come thru. She called them and was told that it just had not been dealt with yet and to keep waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your test was supposed to be on 31/03/2016. How come your date changed to 15/02/2016?

Is there anyway to request for an earlier appointment?

You can call the hotline to reschedule. At the time you get your invite you got the earliest available date. However if someone subsequently cancels and you are the lucky one to call up at right time you can change to that earlier slot.

It took me quite a few attempts. I tried calling every morning for about two weeks.

Guest dubsydney
My wife was the same. Out approvals came thru in around a week; my wife's approval took much longer to come thru. She called them and was told that it just had not been dealt with yet and to keep waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply....

congratulations MB.. I can imagine it was slightly anti-climatic - and even though I'm eager to get my ceremony in the diary, it must feel like the journey is grinding to a halt and the realisation is hitting that youll be leaving soon?

that said, not a bad time to go back at the start of UK spring. are you counting down the days until you get on the plane or now pondering the things you'll miss? I can imagine i'll be having as many coffees, morning swims down at bondi, drinks at opera bar etc as I can squeeze in as soon as my flights are booked!

What a flashback googling for a citizenship timelines to realize that: I was there ( I mean here) before, in a way; and they're gonna push me back trough time to live the same nightmare over again :laugh:. (Referring to 2.5 yrs long wait for PR at the beginning of Time).

Would you mind if I give my timeline here?

1. Date applied: late Sep 15
  2. City/Council area: Kingston Vic
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: shortly I believe?
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: early Nov 15
  6. Date of ceremony: haha :)
  7. Type of ceremony: is there a type?

I've just realized that I can start being anxious, having tickets to go overseas in late May.

Council people are really nice, they have March and May ceremonies scheduled (missed Nov and Jan already), but they have no clue about who or when :).

How do you feel about long wait?

I've just read a forum thread somewhere, a guy was really upset about the wait, and he was accused about being inconsiderate ( and many other things besides that), people even told him that he shouldn't be a citizen with that kind of attitude! So much fun :rolleyes:.

hey guys, I am wondering.

if I use my friends' address which is in rural area (people found its quicker than the Melbourne city council)

to apply for the ceremony.

do I got all the notification(like the acknowledgement letter and date of the citizenship test) by email or mail?

hey guys, I am wondering.

if I use my friends' address which is in rural area (people found its quicker than the Melbourne city council)

to apply for the ceremony.

do I got all the notification(like the acknowledgement letter and date of the citizenship test) by email or mail?

You need to provide proof of address when you apply. If you don't live in a rural area, I don't think fabricating evidence is a good way to start the citizenship process.

You can call the hotline to reschedule. At the time you get your invite you got the earliest available date. However if someone subsequently cancels and you are the lucky one to call up at right time you can change to that earlier slot.

It took me quite a few attempts. I tried calling every morning for about two weeks.

Thank you littlegreenman for your advice. Here is my updated timeline.

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of applied: February 09, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online Application (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: Very shortly.

Citizenship Ceremony: Not Yet Known.

Thank you littlegreenman for your advice. Here is my updated timeline.

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of applied: February 09, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online Application (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: Very shortly.

Citizenship Ceremony: Not Yet Known.

Funny, my wife had her appointment this morning at 9am as well. My approval letter (same date as test) arrived in the mail four business days later. Now just waiting for a ceremony. I'll let you know once we get our invite, kindly do the same.

Funny, my wife had her appointment this morning at 9am as well. My approval letter (same date as test) arrived in the mail four business days later. Now just waiting for a ceremony. I'll let you know once we get our invite, kindly do the same.

Hmm no worries. Will do it. Has your wife's application approved yet?

Well, my recipe for getting a ceremony date would be: post on a pomsinoz forum and in a couple of days... :laugh:.

Ok, seriously, if I can help someone with timeline:

1. Date applied: late Sep 15
  2. City/Council area: Kingston Vic
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: shortly I believe?
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: early Nov 15
  6. Date of ceremony: 17. Mar
  7. Type of ceremony: normal

:rolleyes:.

So, it would be around 4 months after the test.

Cheers!