AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

Hey naviozz, 

No one here will be able to give you a definitive answer, as no one is a qualified lawyer/migration agent whose services you engaged. 

However, on a general note:

• Tribunals are part of the Administrative branch (and not the judiciary) of government created for the purpose of control of government action (e.g., was a decision made by DIBP (as part of the executive branch) lawful or it can be appealed on certain grounds)
  • Tribunal decisions are not convictions of an individual who appealed to the tribunal, they are decisions on whether actions of an executive office/branch/department were legal and compliant with legislation
  • If they were, that means that an individual who appealed to the tribunal lost their case and has to follow the initial decision (e.g., leave the country or go back to detention until further decision is made)
  • If they were not, an executive office/branch/department is compelled to make a new decision following the correct procedure/legislation, etc
  • It is only courts ("in their capacity of courts" - which means courts as opposed to let's say judges presiding over royal commissions) that have the power to make convictions in relation to an individual
  • And finally, all decisions of the executive have to be expressed in "clear and unambiguous terms" (case authority for this is Coco v The Queen), i.e. if after thoroughly reading through the documents handed to an individual by the Tribunal it is still unclear to that individual whether a decision made in relation to them was a conviction or not, they have the right to request further clarifications.

Again, this is not relating to your particular situation, just a note on how administrative law works in Australia. 

All the best!

Thanks georgiegie for useful peace of information. After reading this information what I point out is MRT is not a judiciary court and what ever the decision they made is not conviction. It’s a administrative department not judiciary court. MRT is govt . Office / branch to make sure that the case office made his visa decision according to law. 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Applying for a review of a visa decision at AAT/MRT is not a criminal conviction. 

Thanks Nemesis. I was thing the same that it’s a tribunal not a court and I appeal for review of my visa decision. I did not commit any crime to appeal MRT. 

Thanks 

I just want to update  my citizenship time line here 

eligibility        6 nov   2019

applied          7 nov 2019

Interview mail         Waiting

teat date                Waiting

Ceremony.            Waiting

council.                 Whitsundays regional council ( qld)

On 08/11/2019 at 16:55, Braddz1 said:

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Just thought I would post my timeline and see what you thoughts are?

CITY/AREA : ALICE SPRINGS 

ONLINE / PAPER : ONLINE

DATE OF APPLICATION : 17/10/2019

DATE OF EMAIL : 3/11/2019

TEST DATE 10/12/2019

What do you think my chances of and Australia Day Ceremony are?

Cheers

🍻

Hi, how did you go with your test?

• Like 1

Hi mate, all went smoothly. Turned up half an hour early they took me straight through. Passed 100%. Checked passport, driving licence and birth certificate and said I should receive a letter from them soon. Have not received approval yet. My fiancée has her test on Wednesday the 18th same time so maybe they are waiting until both are complete before progressing. Fingers crossed 🤞😀

Applied for citizenship: 13th Dec 2019 i.e. today
Area: Mackay, Queensland

Question :
a) Is it possible to EDIT the application form and attach more documents? Is there any restriction on the no. of the times the same can be done?
b) Anybody from Mackay region specifically or entire North Queensland(Rocky, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns etc.) region - please share your time lime. Would love to stay connected....
c) What happens next? At the moment, the status for both applications is being shown as 'Received'. I assume they haven't reviewed any documents yet. After review, do they notify if all documents are in order or if any further documents required? When can I reasonably expect to hear back or for the status to change?

On 11/12/2019 at 19:34, naviozz said:

Thanks Nemesis. I was thing the same that it’s a tribunal not a court and I appeal for review of my visa decision. I did not commit any crime to appeal MRT. 

Thanks 

Congrats on your citizenship application. I'm from Mackay region and just applied today. We are kind of in the same boat....

Hi All 
I am new here my timelines 

Applied online :16/09/2019 (Acknowledgement same day)

Test Invite on 27 Nov 19 for April 2020 managed to get it to 12/12/2019

Interview and Test: 12/12/2019 

Approval : waiting ?

ceremony:?

council :Melbourne VIC

I saw many people got approval on same day (my documents all were in place and no issues with fines etc all clear) not sure why i didnt get  on same day anyway i m not in rush  🙂

2 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Congrats on your citizenship application. I'm from Mackay region and just applied today. We are kind of in the same boat....

Hey thanks indianinoz. Yeah waiting for test mail. Check my account 2 times a day. Mates on this forum are getting email in one months , in couple of months. My council is whitsunday but unfortunately by mistake I choose my test location/ interview Townsville. I don’t want to change it now . I thought Townsville comes under the whitsunday council when I were applying. Later I found Townsville has its own council which is far bigger than whitsunday. So I think it will take enough time now. Anyway good to hear from you as you are from the same area but different council. Best of luck . Thanks 

14 hours ago, Braddz1 said:

Hi mate, all went smoothly. Turned up half an hour early they took me straight through. Passed 100%. Checked passport, driving licence and birth certificate and said I should receive a letter from them soon. Have not received approval yet. My fiancée has her test on Wednesday the 18th same time so maybe they are waiting until both are complete before progressing. Fingers crossed 🤞😀

Thanks for the update and congrats on your application progress. I hope you get approved soon so that you can join 26th ceremony. I am also in Alice Springs and will be eligible in February. What is your fiancee timeline, Is she in Alice Springs as well, was the test conducted in Alice springs, is it by centrelink or DOHA, do you know much about time line for Alice Springs residents?  I am aware that Darwin is very slow and hoping that Alice Springs will be different. 

Thanks 

Hi My application is also under whitsundays regional council and I applied on 29 Nov 2019, I chose my test location in Mackay as it’s closet! Haven’t heard anything yet but hopefully get some good news soon! 

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

do we need to choose the closest options provided by the system or could we use any other location as well ?

Yes you must select the office that is closest to where you live. The question in the citizenship application explicitly asks the applicant to do so. Below is the exact wording of the question:

• "Which is the immigration office closest to where the applicant lives?"
Edited by Milano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Milano said:

Yes you must select the office that is closest to where you live. The question in the citizenship application explicitly asks the applicant to do so. Below is the exact wording of the question:

• "Which is the immigration office closest to where the applicant lives?"

You can only  choose the location from the drop down menu of this question. I.e for me 5-6 option / location came in drop down menu which ever was  near to me I choose. Choose the location which is best for you regardless the distance . Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djmalik said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone tried using auspost international police check (aka fitwork) as PCC in their citizenship applicantion? Was it accepted?

https://auspost.com.au/police-checks/international

Thanks

For what country do you need a check?  You do not need to do an Australian one as this will be done as part of the process on your behalf.  You only need a check for any other country where you have spent 12 months or more since getting PR. It is clear in the information for each country how to get a check.

Thanks 

I'll be applying from Mackay once July 3 rolls around. Hopefully it won't be along wait, and the rules for citizenship do not change as well. 

On 09/12/2019 at 18:24, Milano said:

Finally, my journey has come to an end!

I have just recieved an invitation by email to attend the citizenship ceremony.

My final timeline:

Application submitted (online): 14-Jun-2019

Citizenship appointment email: 14-Nov-2019

Citizenship appointment: 15-Nov-2019 (Rescheduled from 16-Mar-2020)

Approval (online): 25-Nov-2019

Citizenship ceremony invitation (via email): 09-Dec-2019

Citizenship ceremony date: 26-Jan-2020

Council: City of Darebin, VIC

The citizenship ceremony that I was invited to will be in Melbourne Showgrounds

Good luck everyone.

Wow! You what a speedy process for you ! Congrats !

14 minutes ago, daiz33 said:

Date of Application: 16 Oct 2019
Appointment Letter:  11 Dec 2019

Interview and Test Date: 8 April 2020 (Melbourne)

Very exciting! Does anyone know what the interview is like ? How long is it?

Congrats on your appointment letter. How did you receive this letter? Was it post or email or both? What is the status showing on your immi account? Thanks!