AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 12/01/2018 at 13:09, londonluci said:

We are also getting increasingly frustrated and angry at the whole thing. My partners application submitted nearly 12 months ago now, test done and passed in June. Not a peep since. It's the inconsistency, lack of transparency and unfairness of the whole thing that is most unsettling. 

If your application was approved after the test - and you can check this on line, then you should have got a letter a few weeks later.  After this your application moves to your local council to invite you to a ceremony?  Is your postal address up to date on the application?  Have you checked with your local council to see if your details have been passed to them?

My son applied in April, did test in November and is attending a ceremony on Australia Day.  Must be a small ceremony though as in local library and he is allowed to bring several guests!  This  is SA.  

26 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

If your application was approved after the test - and you can check this on line, then you should have got a letter a few weeks later.  After this your application moves to your local council to invite you to a ceremony?  Is your postal address up to date on the application?  Have you checked with your local council to see if your details have been passed to them?

My son applied in April, did test in November and is attending a ceremony on Australia Day.  Must be a small ceremony though as in local library and he is allowed to bring several guests!  This  is SA.  

This is the problem Rammygirl. Test done and passed 100 percent in June but no approval. Spoken to department several times, its 'processing' and just need to wait. There is no rhyme or reason as to why some people like your son are processed so quickly or others like my partner languish in limbo. 

11 hours ago, CowlingAFC said:

Would disagree with you there mate. 

My friend just done her test after applying in July. 

Stirling council 

Happy for your friend, but this just reinforces what a joke the process is when there’s people that applied before that have still heard nothing

On 06/10/2015 at 17:59, sandisaini786 said:

Hello

I gave the test on 05/09 and passed 100% because test was so so easy but representative said every thing is straightforward nothing wrong that I can see in ur application. they will do the police check?i m just wondering how long does it takes to check the records/background?

how I can see the status (immi account does not help) and waiting time in high risk counties ?

cheers

Hi Sandisaini, I am in same situation I did the test passed 100% and just like you the case officer said everything is clear and straightforward with me and told me I should get approval soon but Nothing so far

Edited by wombatinabox

Some movement in the queue. Someone in Melbourne got approval. Hopefully we will get soon. @Elliot Tsao

Council: Darebin (Melbourne).

Following is the timeline:

Applied : 11 April 2017
Acknowledgement: 11 April 2017
Test Email: 8 June 2017
Test Date: 11 September 2017, Melbourne CBD (Passed 100%)
Approval: 17 January 2018 (Online Status only, have not received any emails yet)

28 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Some movement in the queue. Someone in Melbourne got approval. Hopefully we will get soon. @Elliot Tsao

Council: Darebin (Melbourne).

Following is the timeline:

Applied : 11 April 2017
Acknowledgement: 11 April 2017
Test Email: 8 June 2017
Test Date: 11 September 2017, Melbourne CBD (Passed 100%)
Approval: 17 January 2018 (Online Status only, have not received any emails yet)

WOW! Darebin!!!  My local fellow, I reckon the sunshine coming soon~ But still keep calm down, if any unexpected thing...

5 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

WOW! Darebin!!!  My local fellow, I reckon the sunshine coming soon~ But still keep calm down, if any unexpected thing...

Hi @Elliot Tsao

Would you like to join our WeChat Citizenship group? We have more than 100 ppl in this group so we can share our timelines. Please add me Wechat ID: eddy0719 to join.

Thanks,

Guest Guest226914
citizenship approval letter date, & ceremony date : 12 January 2018 as per immiaccount

Are you saying your immiaccount tells you the ceremony date?

I got a lady Ombudsman's call this morning telling me that my waiting time hasn't exceeded 15 months as per the DIBP website says thus they couldn't investigate further. Strongly suggest everyone who is experiencing unreasonable delay, especially for those waiting more than 14 months, lodge your valuable complaints to the DIBP first then Ombudsman. Their call implies that they are actually working on this issue otherwise they could have let our complaints stay online/drawer forever – like our applications for the Citizenship. Again, everyone please make your voice sound. We are Australian Residents and we will be Australians! We dont deserve this!

Good morning everyone 

Our update

We are in Perth. Due to family circumstance, we have had to apply for citizenship in four separate applications over a 6 week period.  We needed citizenship for our eldest son ASAP as he was starting uni this Feb but our middle didn’t turn 16 for a few more weeks.

We applied April 27th 2017 for eldest son and he has now got his citizenship test for 8 March 2018.  At least things are now moving.

Hi, i found this on another forum people should take action if affected by delays

If you are affected by Citizenship delays, the only way to make a difference is to contact the following Government bodies:

1. Lodge a complaint with DIBP/Home Affairs Global Unit on their website: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions
2. Lodge a complaint with Commonwealth Ombudsman: https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form
3. Lodge a complaint with ANAO (click on the Contact Us page and quote the audit mentioned in the link): https://www.anao.gov.au/work/performance-audit/efficiency-department-immigration-and-border-protection-processing