AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

6 hours ago, JoannaAch said:

Finally got the test appointment for my hubby. They gave him the same date and time for the test - but at a different office... His is in Sydney CBD and mine in Parramatta. 

Both our timelines are:

applied: 3 Feb 2018

test: 31 Jan 2019

Someone’s is having a laugh!  That just doesn’t make sense. What office did you request?

59 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Someone’s is having a laugh!  That just doesn’t make sense. What office did you request?

We both requested Sydney CBD as we live 15min from there. It will take me extra time to get to Parramatta... it’s funny as the case officer must have specifically select for us to have the interviews at the same time - but missed the different location?

I called to check if I can change the location for the test, but there is no option like that. The guy on the phone suggested we had different addresses when we applied, but that’s not the case (have been living together for 10 years).

We’ll keep these appoinemts as they are, just to not delay this any further...

2 hours ago, Chris N Lora said:

We completed our citizenship ceremony yesterday on Australia day.

Lodged Paper based Date: 12/12/2017

Acknowledgment Date: 20/12/2017

Test date :    04/12/2018

APPROVAL: 04/12/2018

CEREMONY : 26/01/2019

now Australians! stick in there it will happen. 

Congratulations. We were also among the 16,212 people who became citizens yesterday.

Edited by Bristle

5 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

Hi 👋,

Does anyone have a link to any spreadsheets with citizenship timelines on it?

The one I was following in this forum is all messed up and unorganised looking now (a lot of dates seem to be incorrect as lodgement dates are showing as after test dates and approval dates) 

I wouldn’t torture yourself tbh. The dates make no sense. For example I applied late December 2017 and had my ceremony in August 2018. People who applied after me are still waiting for tests!  It does seem some areas are quicker than others though. We are in SA. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:49, imthedave said:

Hi all

I'm finally getting closer to being able to apply for citizenship! Phoned immigration and they checked my details and said we could all apply on 16th February 😉

Couple of questions though if anyone can help.

It's myself, wife and (step) daughter applying. Daughter is 14 so needs to be included on one of our applications.

I looked at the immi page and applying online seems pretty straight forward.

1. I can see my wife has to apply in her own right however can I apply using my immi account?

2. Will my own application include her at some point on the documents and hers include mine on her documents? In other words, so they link together

3. Who should include our daughter? My wife (her natural mum), me (as the original primary PR holder) or both?

4. Can i START the applications now on line to get ahead of the game however not click submit until 16th February? Basic question but I'm assuming the lodgement date is when you lodge - not when you start the application!

5. All the above taken into account, is it better to apply via the immi account or via paper application? I see not everyones status updates. Is this because paper ones are done manually?

Applying in regional Victoria.

I'm taking some advice I got before on this forum and not using an agent. As has been said, Citizenship isn't migration. I think we should be able to manage this ourselves.

Thanks a lot

Hi again

About question 4 above. I've started to fill in the online application on my immi account however it's reached the point of residence eligibility and won't let me proceed.

I've entered all my passport, ID and current grant number first but when it gets to this next page it says:

'An error has occurred. The applicant is unable to proceed with this application. Access the Residence calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship.'

I'm trying to pre-fill the application online and then save it until 16th February but it looks like I can't even do that. Anyone else experienced this?

Is filling out the application through the 'new application' on your immi account what people mean by filing online or am I missing something?

Thanks

4 hours ago, JoannaAch said:

Just came back from the test and my application is already approved.

Applied: 3 Feb 2018

Test: 31 Jan 2019

approval: 31 Jan 2019

Hopefuly we can get the ceremony before May elections!

congrats, it was the samefor my wife and daughters ... same day I think she literally did it at the interview. 

• Like 1

Hi all, I cleared my test on 30th November 2018, and then had to leave Australia. 

I received an email from the citizenship department, asking me to be back in the country within 28 days.. 

I'm guessing that they won't issue me a ceremony invitation unless I'm in the country.. Is that right?? 

Also, once I get the invite, is it possible to postpone the ceremony?? I've read somewhere that we have to get the ceremony done within a year of clearing the test, is that true as well?? Has anyone postponed there ceremony date??

Please advise 

Thank you so much 

On 31/01/2019 at 11:26, JoannaAch said:

Just came back from the test and my application is already approved.

Applied: 3 Feb 2018

Test: 31 Jan 2019

approval: 31 Jan 2019

Hopefuly we can get the ceremony before May elections!

Hi joanna congrats... 

Can I please check, once we clear the test, isn't that an indication of approval as well... I'm just a bit confused what this approval means... 

I cleared my test on 30th November 2018, how do I check if its been approved??? I did get 100% in my test. 

52 minutes ago, Animesh said:

Hi joanna congrats... 

Can I please check, once we clear the test, isn't that an indication of approval as well... I'm just a bit confused what this approval means... 

I cleared my test on 30th November 2018, how do I check if its been approved??? I did get 100% in my test. 

You can check if you log into your immi account. They should also contact you. Not everyone gets approval straight away for some reason for some people it takes several months. Goodness knows why. 

• Sad 1

On 18/12/2018 at 15:44, Oziee said:

Same here mate

Did anything change mate?

Mine still received, though been told that everything is OK and it's just processing too long..

Almost 23 months without decision

Edited by NaiKoN

46 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You can check if you log into your immi account. They should also contact you. Not everyone gets approval straight away for some reason for some people it takes several months. Goodness knows why. 

I logged online to check. For me it was right after the test. For my husband the status changed to Approved in the afternoon on the day of the test. You should also get a letter information that the application is approved.

I guess in principle after you pass the test, your application (in most cases) is done and just waiting for formal approval. But sometimes it takes extra long and that delays your ceremony even further...

43 minutes ago, JoannaAch said:

I logged online to check. For me it was right after the test. For my husband the status changed to Approved in the afternoon on the day of the test. You should also get a letter information that the application is approved.

I guess in principle after you pass the test, your application (in most cases) is done and just waiting for formal approval. But sometimes it takes extra long and that delays your ceremony even further...

I just checked my immi account and the application status is still received.. I'm not sure what's happening there.. Maybe that's why I've been asked to get back to Australia in the next 28 days.. 

1 hour ago, Animesh said:

I just checked my immi account and the application status is still received.. I'm not sure what's happening there.. Maybe that's why I've been asked to get back to Australia in the next 28 days.. 

I would guess so as your application can only by approved if you are in Australia. 

On 31/01/2019 at 11:10, imthedave said:

Hi again

About question 4 above. I've started to fill in the online application on my immi account however it's reached the point of residence eligibility and won't let me proceed.

I've entered all my passport, ID and current grant number first but when it gets to this next page it says:

'An error has occurred. The applicant is unable to proceed with this application. Access the Residence calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship.'

I'm trying to pre-fill the application online and then save it until 16th February but it looks like I can't even do that. Anyone else experienced this?

Is filling out the application through the 'new application' on your immi account what people mean by filing online or am I missing something?

Thanks

When I did ours I started filling in the online application about 3 months before our eligibility would be reached.  It allowed me to complete the whole application up to review and payment.  It meant I was able to pay and submit on the 4 year anniversary of our arrival.  It was a new application for all of us. I put my 13 yo on mine, and did my wife and 2 adult kids all on my IMMI account, linked together by TRN.

On 31/01/2019 at 12:10, imthedave said:

Hi again

Thanks

Here's what I did.

At page 6/34 (the residence eligibility), you can choose you're applying for an residence exemption (answer Yes). This way, it will let you proceed with filling out the questionnaire. I completed my application up until the point of attaching all the documents and then saved it.

When you reach the date of being eligible, the page 6/34 just disappears and is not even displayed to you anymore - it's automatically skipped because you're already eligible.