AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

2 hours ago, coolmotu said:

Hey Guys I have test on 28th June. Just a small confusion for birth proof I have uploaded my passport which has details of my DOB and parents. Do I really need to get birth certificate? Because I have not uploaded birth certificate so do I need to take it in the interview. What else I should take in interview except the I had already uploaded with my application? 

Hi @coolmotu, I provided the documents listed in the test invite and I provided my birth certificate too. 

Thanks. Just want to understand as I was going through immi website they just need a document which mentions DOB, place of birth and parents details. All this information is on my passport. Do you think we still need birth certificate. Even with my online application I did not uploaded it as birth proof. I just used my passport and it seems like immi accepted it as I got test date invite. 

1 hour ago, coolmotu said:

Thanks. Just want to understand as I was going through immi website they just need a document which mentions DOB, place of birth and parents details. All this information is on my passport. Do you think we still need birth certificate. Even with my online application I did not uploaded it as birth proof. I just used my passport and it seems like immi accepted it as I got test date invite. 

I believe it is a required document. They took mine on the day of interview (which I got translated by a NATI translator as specified on the immi website).

My parents details are not on my passport though. Might differ from country of origin. Maybe best to give them a call to make sure.

28 minutes ago, samc said:

Hi,

Did everyone status on immi login change to approved prior to receiving letter for citizenship ceremony or did some people just get a letter

Hi @samc mine was approved on my IMMI account 2 days after my test date but I have not received my approval letter yet.

While my husband's status is still showing Received.

Edited by Zet01

16 hours ago, coolmotu said:

My passport does not show my parents' details, so I provided my birth certificate. I think it is best to have it ready if you have it on hand.

It's better to bring more documents for support.

1 hour ago, CowlingAFC said:

Did they inform you of a problem with your updated documents?

Yes @CowlingAFC . When she was checking my documents at the interview, she noticed a problem with something my ID verified had signed on the 1195 form, just got her to re-sign the form and uploaded it to my immi account ASAP ? Was still able to sit the test etc. 

Edited by hjq83
add info

2 hours ago, Zet01 said:

My passport does not show my parents' details, so I provided my birth certificate. I think it is best to have it ready if you have it on hand.

It's better to bring more documents for support.

I called immi today. They told me that whatever document you have uploaded as proof of date of birth and if it contain all the birth related details just bring that to interview which is in my case my passport which I uploaded. They told its a generic mail which we sent to everybody in actual we want all the docs which you upload with your forms. 

4 hours ago, Zet01 said:

Hi @samc mine was approved on my IMMI account 2 days after my test date but I have not received my approval letter yet.

While my husband's status is still showing Received.

ok thank you, its been a week since my test and still no approval. I was just hoping haha. 

7 hours ago, CowlingAFC said:

Once you sit the test can you leave Australia and return for ceremony? 

Cheers

If you have taken the test and approved, Yes you can leave the country and come back for the ceremony.

If you have taken the test and no approved yet. You can still leave the country but you application will not move forward. You have to be in Australia at the time of approval.

23 hours ago, samc said:

ok thank you, its been a week since my test and still no approval. I was just hoping haha. 

You got the same scenario with my husband. He took the test, same date as mine and no approval yet. He called the DIBP and he was told to wait another week and call again if he did not get any approval yet. 

My approval letter arrived today, in a snail mail. I thought it is sent thru email.  

Ok so me and Hubble took test today in Adelaide. Approved same day. Just ceremony to go. 

The lady at the test said she would be approving straight away but it could be a week till we got a letter, no e mail.  I checked in immi account and it said approved tonight.

We applied on the 24th Dec 2017 so not bad less than six months from application to approval. Hopefully ceremony shouldn’t be too long, they did one on Australia Day and one in March, so maybe not too long to wait.  Son got his passport this week, he applied on 20th April 2017, was conferred on Australia Day. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Ok so me and Hubble took test today in Adelaide. Approved same day. Just ceremony to go. 

The lady at the test said she would be approving straight away but it could be a week till we got a letter, no e mail.  I checked in immi account and it said approved tonight.

We applied on the 24th Dec 2017 so not bad less than six months from application to approval. Hopefully ceremony shouldn’t be too long, they did one on Australia Day and one in March, so maybe not too long to wait.  Son got his passport this week, he applied on 20th April 2017, was conferred on Australia Day. 

Congrats...

12 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Congrats. I noticed SA is faster in the test invite and approval.

Here in Melbourne most of the ones in the timelines are not updated, and for some it takes a week or more to get the approval.

I got my approval after 2 days but Husband did not get his yet. Not sure why, but we both sat the test the same day.

Edited by Zet01

2 hours ago, kkumar said:

no any updation in my immi account .i did applied  26 oct 2017 brisbane. not even test email . it's look like brisbane it's slow process  

Check your junk mail. Few of my colleagues got their test invite in their junk mail. Hope you hear something soon.

Edited by Zet01

2 hours ago, Zet01 said:

Congrats. I noticed SA is faster in the test invite and approval.

Here in Melbourne most of the ones in the timelines are not updated, and for some it takes a week or more to get the approval.

I got my approval after 2 days but Husband did not get his yet. Not sure why, but we both sat the test the same day.

Probably a delay with the police check, the lady processing ours on the day of the check said that was the last thing required and both of ours were in the system as cleared so she could approve straight away.

On 08/06/2018 at 15:13, rammygirl said:

Probably a delay with the police check, the lady processing ours on the day of the check said that was the last thing required and both of ours were in the system as cleared so she could approve straight away.

Maybe. But husband does not have any offense even with traffic rules. I hope he gets the approval soon. I have been checking my IMMI account 4 times a day just to check his approval. 

immi just only make excuses to delay  process and put people in trouble because of  traffic offence . first thing is traffic offence it's not crime. it's just happen and nature . like speeding, parking, no rego ,drunk drive. and other few more ..it's not crime . if they do check proper and every small traffic offence like that   more than 80% population out from this country .

traffic offence is like    speeding accident kills someone and hit , drug in car , weapons ,more than 20 fines and offences,  drink driving hit and run ,  and more ...if this all offsence goes in to the court then all offense it will come in to your record . i have heaps of my friend they have bad record in traffic offense  but still gt approved ..but now days they make excuse with small traffic fines bullshit .  immi knows how to make money 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kkumar said:

immi just only make excuses to delay  process and put people in trouble because of  traffic offence . first thing is traffic offence it's not crime. it's just happen and nature . like speeding, parking, no rego ,drunk drive. and other few more ..it's not crime . if they do check proper and every small traffic offence like that   more than 80% population out from this country .

traffic offence is like    speeding accident kills someone and hit , drug in car , weapons ,more than 20 fines and offences,  drink driving hit and run ,  and more ...if this all offsence goes in to the court then all offense it will come in to your record . i have heaps of my friend they have bad record in traffic offense  but still gt approved ..but now days they make excuse with small traffic fines bullshit .  immi knows how to make money 

Drink driving is not viewed as a "small traffic offence" - it is considerably more serious than a parking infringement. 

And its a huge assumption to say that 80% of the population have a record for traffic offences!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kkumar said:

If you speed, park illegally, fail to register your vehicle or drive while drunk, you are breaking the law.  None of those things "just happen", you do them deliberately knowing you are breaking the law.   In particular, speeding and drunk driving can be extremely dangerous - maybe you didn't kill someone but you could have.  TBH if you think those things don't matter, I would be sad to see you being approved for citizenship, because it shows you have poor moral values.

• Like 1