AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi guys,

My timeline here.

Just a question. Has anyone been asked to have their signature collected on-site at the interview in Melbourne or any other test centre at all? I'm asking this because it says in the test invitation email that personal identifiers such as "your photo and signature" will be collected during the interview. My photo was taken indeed, but not signature. I just realised this and hopelessly am getting a bit worried that maybe the case officer simply forgot about it and later would request me to go back to do it -_-. After all, she did ask me the same question twice in a few minutes and requested me to remove my glasses for the photo after I had apparently done so...

App Date: 06 Jul 2016

Test invitation email: 28 Jul 2016

Test date: 28 Jul 2016

Test centre: Melbourne (Council: City of Boroondara)

You can actually change the date of your citizenship test online using the button provided in the invitation email, which is very convenient. But not sure whether this works for any other test centres besides Melbourne.

Edited by Skyler

Hi guys,

My timeline here.

Just a question. Has anyone been asked to have their signature collected on-site at the interview in Melbourne or any other test centre at all? I'm asking this because it says in the test invitation email that personal identifiers such as "your photo and signature" will be collected during the interview. My photo was taken indeed, but not signature. I just realised this and hopelessly am getting a bit worried that maybe the case officer simply forgot about it and later would request me to go back to do it -_-. After all, she did ask me the same question twice in a few minutes and requested me to remove my glasses for the photo after I had apparently done so...

You can actually change the date of your citizenship test online using the button provided in the invitation email, which is very convenient. But not sure whether this works for any other test centres besides Melbourne.

Nope, I did not sign anything. I was worried too so I went back and the CO said I don't have to sign anything. Anyway I received my approval in 6 days after that. :)

Nope, I did not sign anything. I was worried too so I went back and the CO said I don't have to sign anything. Anyway I received my approval in 6 days after that. :)

Thanks Chandnihorvath! This is very reassuring.

It's nice to see somebody else has the same concern, which just warms my heart, haha.

I was thinking about going back too but not sure whether they would let me back in or see the CO again since technically my appointment was over. So it's admirable that you just went back anyway;)

Did you receive the approval letter by email or mail?

Hi guys,

My timeline here.

I had my appointment at the Melbourne office 2 months ago and I wasn't asked to sign either, so don't stress :) If you have been approved, you'll receive the approval letter by snail mail. The ceremony wait times in Melbourne are quite a lot these days . I am yet to receive an invite (approved over 2 months ago) but yeah hoping I'll have my ceremony before the end of this year :)

And yes it appears that the online appointment system is a Melbourne only thing at the moment.

I had my appointment at the Melbourne office 2 months ago and I wasn't asked to sign either, so don't stress :) If you have been approved, you'll receive the approval letter by snail mail. The ceremony wait times in Melbourne are quite a lot these days . I am yet to receive an invite (approved over 2 months ago) but yeah hoping I'll have my ceremony before the end of this year :)

And yes it appears that the online appointment system is a Melbourne only thing at the moment.

CO asked me to sign to electronically stored our signature in the database. i am still waiting for my approval.did test on 19 july.immi said you are not approved yet.

Basically no one knows what they do.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

CO asked me to sign to electronically stored our signature in the database. i am still waiting for my approval.did test on 19 july.immi said you are not approved yet.

Basically no one knows what they do.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a bit strange that some people are asked to sign and some are not! Which council are you under? Hope you get your approval letter soon

Edited by Catalyst2012
typo

Thanks Catalyst2012, this is very helpful information.

Hope you can get your ceremony invitation letter soon.

HI all, new here. is anyone in Hume Council? it seems they are behind with numbers. they do one each month so 5 more until the end of the year. I have friends who were approve mid April and still have no date yet for ceremony. I was approved 3rd June so don't think will be this year, unless they speed up. Any info in Hume would be grateful.

Guest Sarah2016
Hi Micaiah08, thanks. Wow that is quite a wait just for the test. Is the test held in Canada Bay or what location?

You will have a choice to select either Parramatta or Sydney CBD.

have you had a chat with DIBP? I had passed my test in APRIL and my tentative ceremony date is sep 22.

We passed our tests around the same time. That's good to know.

No I haven't called DIBP. I figured they probably have their hands full without me pestering them. We are approved for citizenship so when the time comes, that's fine.

Yeah it's a bit strange that some people are asked to sign and some are not! Which council are you under? Hope you get your approval letter soon

Actually, it's not that strange as my other half had to sign as well and his CO mentioned that his signature from the passport (8 years old) was different to the application's current one.

CO said that they ask for this because some people change the way they sign and of course DIBP wants to have the most recent signature and not an out dated in a nearly decade old passport ( you'd wonder how many people do so).

We have been waiting since March/May for a ceremony date with Brisbane City Council.

How much longer???????

All March approved applicants in SOUTH AUSTRALIA are due in August for their ceremonies (at least what I have found out in another forum). 2 people from Brisbane posted here not long ago. Have a look on littlegreenman from Queesnland. He was approved in Feb 2016 and got his certificate in July 2016. You should be next in August/September (depending if there is something going in August!) BUT...

has your partner's application been approved in May and yours in March? Are both applications linked? If yes, than unfortunately you have to wait longer because usual waiting time is at least 5 months currently in a positive scenario for all states (besides Perth/WA I heard opposite in only 3 months all together).

Edited by silencio

Actually, it's not that strange as my other half had to sign as well and his CO mentioned that his signature from the passport (8 years old) was different to the application's current one.

CO said that they ask for this because some people change the way they sign and of course DIBP wants to have the most recent signature and not an out dated in a nearly decade old passport ( you'd wonder how many people do so).

Now it all makes sense to me - why my CO did not ask for this. Probably because I have never changed the way I sign.

My signatures on my passport (be 7 years old as it may) , driver licence and also the identity declaration form 1195 are all the same.

As least I think most people can tell they are very similar.

All March approved applicants in SOUTH AUSTRALIA are due in August for their ceremonies (at least what I have found out in another forum). 2 people from Brisbane posted here not long ago. Have a look on littlegreenman from Queesnland. He was approved in Feb 2016 and got his certificate in July 2016. You should be next in August/September (depending if there is something going in August!) BUT...

has your partner's application been approved in May and yours in March? Are both applications linked? If yes, than unfortunately you have to wait longer because usual waiting time is at least 5 months currently in a positive scenario for all states (besides Perth/WA I heard opposite in only 3 months all together).

Hmmm! My council says there's no waiting list. I am in Townsville though and there's ceremonies every month with roughly 30-40 ppl.

My council has a ceremony is September. I was approved in 21July. I hope i get into the September otherwise i have to wait until Jan 2017 which is a a 6 months wait.

Hi Roland, good luck with your ceremony!

You may just give DIBP a ring by the end/mid of August and enquire about that issue as this would mean a long wait...

My partner attends a DIBP hosted ceremony and NOT a council one as our council - even with nearly monthly ceremonies hosted by our council. Too many applicants I guess!

Maybe you're also lucky and get an Immi hosted one.

Hi Roland, good luck with your ceremony!

You may just give DIBP a ring by the end/mid of August and enquire about that issue as this would mean a long wait...

My partner attends a DIBP hosted ceremony and NOT a council one as our council - even with nearly monthly ceremonies hosted by our council. Too many applicants I guess!

Maybe you're also lucky and get an Immi hosted one.

Thats good news. So does that mean there might be more ceremonies in my area than what the council website shows ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm! My council says there's no waiting list. I am in Townsville though and there's ceremonies every month with roughly 30-40 ppl.

Then you're just lucky as citizenship is a demand driven 'industry' nowadays!

More demand means less likelihood of a quick ceremony.

Townsville is not a migrant hot spot anyway with a population of 171,824 inhabitants as the council we live in has almost that number of people alone - not to mention whole Adelaide!

Edited by silencio

Thats good news. So does that mean there might be more ceremonies in my area than what the council website shows ?

It's not shown on our council's website and DIBP are hosting a ceremony due to the fact that we live in a large council with many migrants who want to become citizens. I have sent you a private message in which council we live in because I don't know if the same applies to you.

I don't want to raise wrong expectations but it's worth to ask if anything is happening in between.