AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi

My interviewer said it may take only a few minutes to receive Australian pcc and she did not ask for my signature. Maybe your office is too busy. Where did you apply from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied Melbourne CBD office.

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - Not received. But got letter 20th July

Date of the Citizenship Test - 6/9/2016

Approval letter dated -

Date of ceremony - I've noticed quite a few timelines include an acknowledgement email on the same day. I have yet to receive any acknowledgement 5 days later. Is it normal to have this variability? I know they've received it as it says so on my online account.

I don't know why I'm impatient but now that I've started I really just want to get it done!

Dates updated above. I'm still not receiving any electronic communication but I'm due to get a call back from DIBP this afternoon into why this is.

Dates updated above. I'm still not receiving any electronic communication but I'm due to get a call back from DIBP this afternoon into why this is.

There is a question on the application which if you tick then you will not receive any emails at all and all communication will be via letter. Probably you ticked that

No actually. In fact when reviewing the pdf of my application on the system it says I specifically requested not to receive anything via post.

I'm just off the phone and it's all sorted now. For some reason there was an 'expiration date' associated with my email address of 1st July (6 days before submitting). I wonder did I open my application prior to the end of the financial year but submit after. There might have been some form of cleanup process that deactivated my email address. At least I got the letter in the post anyway so it wasn't lost.

Managed to move forward my test date too to the 16th August

Hi Everyone

I done the test on 11th July(passed) and department told me that we have to process pcc on your behalf and they took sign for pcc but no reply or approval letter yet.

i called department on Friday and told me its in process.

Any one know how long it will take because there is ceremony coming Friday in my council ??

Appreciate your opinion.

Same with me. I applied in melbourne cbd.cleared the test on 19 july.called immi today.they said its still under process.wondering whts goin on?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi Simran,

Thank you :) It took 6 working days to receive the letter in mail. It was posted out on 15th the day it was approved and I received it this morning. Have you received yours yet?

hi

can u plz let me know the total no. of days to get approved after the test and total no. of days to get the letter after the test. thanks

hi roland

i wish but its too early i guess. i hope you will be invited in the next one.

when was your appointment and where?

Hi Simran

Thanks for the reply. It was on 21-july. South Australia Sefton park

Anyone ever had a letter sent by email to say appointment had been made and to say another email be sent soon with time and date?

Is this some random email they send out, as I called them a few weeks after I got this thinking maybe my email got lost or they forgot to send to be told it's not even booked lol.

why send it?

and apart from the remember and take your original docs etc it said send pcc within 28 days of getting the letter which I did.

i got this on the 1st July and I'm hearing there is like 4. Months wait in Perth for test/appointment but why would they sent it so early and request the pcc.

Not only that I noticed someone on here just applied last week or so and already have appointment date?

i applied on 27th June,got notification same day and the letter which was in my junk emails to say appointment was made but yet I'm still waiting.

i can understand if there is a bit of a wait but telling you something by letter and nothing done seems weird.

keep checking my account and online each day but starting to thing what's the point.

would have been nice to have got in on the last few dates of this year for ceremony but really can't see this happening.

Anyone ever had a letter sent by email to say appointment had been made and to say another email be sent soon with time and date?

Is this some random email they send out, as I called them a few weeks after I got this thinking maybe my email got lost or they forgot to send to be told it's not even booked lol.

why send it?

and apart from the remember and take your original docs etc it said send pcc within 28 days of getting the letter which I did.

i got this on the 1st July and I'm hearing there is like 4. Months wait in Perth for test/appointment but why would they sent it so early and request the pcc.

Not only that I noticed someone on here just applied last week or so and already have appointment date?

i applied on 27th June,got notification same day and the letter which was in my junk emails to say appointment was made but yet I'm still waiting.

i can understand if there is a bit of a wait but telling you something by letter and nothing done seems weird.

keep checking my account and online each day but starting to thing what's the point.

would have been nice to have got in on the last few dates of this year for ceremony but really can't see this happening.

They have no procedure to follow. They do whatever they want.they took 5 months for my application to respond.

One of my friend got an appointment date and then jus before the appointment date,they call him and said your appointment has been rescheduled and guess what. He is still waiting .he applied in dec 2015.still waiting for the test date.so we cant really do anything except waiting.keep calm and hope for the best.

why send it?

Hi

I think you should call DIBB and approach your case officer. Keep calling them until you get a proper response. You have a valid reason as they mentioned they gonna send you the test email but did not. I called them many times. Some staff were very helpful and some not. So dont give up

Good luck

My timelines -

Date applied:27/06/2016

City/Council area:parramatta

Online / Paper:online

Date received the acknowledgement email:27/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test:19/07/2016

Date of approval :25/07/2016

Date of ceremony:??

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal):normal

Can i know on which date did you get ur approval letter as i am waiting??

I was approved on 21-July. My council has a ceremony on 17-Sep- any chance to get into the ceremony ?

Hi Roland,

Its definitely possible as some councils have a large ceremony something akin to Australia Day. My council said they definitely have a big ceremony on the 17th Sep and have no waiting lists so I am hoping to fit in to that. You can ring your council to find out. :)

Hi Roland,

Its definitely possible as some councils have a large ceremony something akin to Australia Day. My council said they definitely have a big ceremony on the 17th Sep and have no waiting lists so I am hoping to fit in to that. You can ring your council to find out. :)

Hello Chandnihorvath

Thats a great news and i hope you can make it.

Hi

I think you should call DIBB and approach your case officer. Keep calling them until you get a proper response. You have a valid reason as they mentioned they gonna send you the test email but did not. I called them many times. Some staff were very helpful and some not. So dont give up

Good luck

I just wonder though if this is normal they sent this to you or did but then maybe noticed its busy and cant give date yet.

Last time i called the guy who answered phone told me to hold and came back and said no appointment made yet this was a couple of weeks after getting the email

I just wonder though if this is normal they sent this to you or did but then maybe noticed its busy and cant give date yet.

Last time i called the guy who answered phone told me to hold and came back and said no appointment made yet this was a couple of weeks after getting the email

Did you ask them why they advised you the appointment has been made and you ll be notified?

No just asked it they had a date as got a letter saying so on 1st july and they would know that.

So what I want to know is that if we can actually call the DIBP or the council to find out where we are for the citizenship ceremony? Some of my friends here said that DIBP let them know when they phoned them. I am not sure if that's the case or not.

This waiting is killing me, although I know so many people who are still waiting so my impatience is a bit vain, but I am sure everyone knows what I mean. :P

So what I want to know is that if we can actually call the DIBP or the council to find out where we are for the citizenship ceremony? Some of my friends here said that DIBP let them know when they phoned them. I am not sure if that's the case or not.

This waiting is killing me, although I know so many people who are still waiting so my impatience is a bit vain, but I am sure everyone knows what I mean. :P

Hey Chandni - You could call the Department to see if you have been allocated to a ceremony yet, but considering you've only just been approved, I wouldn't hold my breath! Not sure about QLD but most councils here in VIC have asked applicants to contact the Department directly for any ceremony related inquiries. Having said that, I've seen a few people receiving invites fairly quickly after being approved, so I guess it's probably luck of the draw! Good luck

Im talking about test/appointment I get a letter by email on 1st July saying appointment has been made and will be emailed shortly of date and time 3 weeks on I'm still waiting they been as well if they never sent such letter by email.

but yet as said someone else I read on here just applied the other week and has test date already something ain't right?

Hey Chandni - You could call the Department to see if you have been allocated to a ceremony yet, but considering you've only just been approved, I wouldn't hold my breath! Not sure about QLD but most councils here in VIC have asked applicants to contact the Department directly for any ceremony related inquiries. Having said that, I've seen a few people receiving invites fairly quickly after being approved, so I guess it's probably luck of the draw! Good luck

Yeah I wouldn't really count on me being already allocated. Although the council said there's no waiting lists. I was dreaming of getting into the August or the September one. I might call them next week if I am thoroughly bored for the day. lol

Im talking about test/appointment I get a letter by email on 1st July saying appointment has been made and will be emailed shortly of date and time 3 weeks on I'm still waiting they been as well if they never sent such letter by email.

but yet as said someone else I read on here just applied the other week and has test date already something ain't right?

Yeah that's very unclear. I got bumped back a couple of weeks because I did not have my birth certificate so I had to phone my parents back home and they had to mail it to me. But after that I got an email straight away with the test date and time. Dealing with the DIBP requires huge amounts of persistence so I would just suggest to keep calling them.