@Poppysunday nah. Its been only 7 days. 

But hoping to hear something soon. They didnt ask for medicals for 600 by what i understood you only do it if they ask

anyway they do ask you when you apply if you have done any medicals and i wrote that i did for the partner visa and the date. 

Will keep you update on 600. So over this winter already! 

34 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday nah. Its been only 7 days. 

But hoping to hear something soon. They didnt ask for medicals for 600 by what i understood you only do it if they ask

anyway they do ask you when you apply if you have done any medicals and i wrote that i did for the partner visa and the date. 

Will keep you update on 600. So over this winter already! 

Oh my gosh me too! It’s so dark at depressing. I’m just going for it with the 600 and hope for 12 months. I’m gonna do the medical anyway as I need it for the 309 anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday sorry, so hard to keep up with everyone. When did you apply for 309?

my medicals expire end Feb so im hopeful i wont have to do them again. 

Yes. Go for the 600 and lets all live happy in the sun ha! 

Hahaha! I applied in July so I KNOW nothing is happening. I’ve been looking into the 600 a LOT so hopeful we get it all ok. 

4 more sleeps and I will be off to the UK to see my partner. I’m sooooo looking forward to it! Hopefully the wait after that won’t be long. Dreading the xmas/new year period coming up as that will slow it down even more. 
I have my fingers crossed people start seeing grants. That would be an awesome way to bring in the New Year. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, got the 600 this morning. We are heading to Aus in January [emoji846]

i do hope the 309 comes by then so i dont have to leave Aus for the grant but at this time just happy to be going really. 

Good stuff half congrats are in order. At least you will be there, but fingers crossed the 309 will be done sooner rather than later.

How long did it take to come through? We are thinking about doing the same so we can head out there for christmas and beyond.

1 hour ago, Maricota said:

@mhcornwall thanks for the half congrats ha! 

It took 8 days including weekend. 

I got 12 months and until next October to arrive in the country  

I want little one to have one last Xmas where she was born but i also cant wait to get there. Wish we could leave tomorrow

Oh my gosh that was so quick congratulations!!

I want to apply for mine, so do you mind if I ask you some questions?? It would help our family so much and me trying to find someone who has applied and been granted!! 

1. What did you put as your reason for visiting 

2. What did you put as your reason to return if any

3. Did you have to state you’ll be returning to work for a job? 

4. Did you provide proof of savings? If so I know this is quite personal but I’m worried I won’t have enough for them to grant 12 months 😞 was it in excess of 10k as we have under that and I just so worried of submitting and getting refused or something 

5. Did you mention the 309/100

@Poppysunday

thanks. We are very happy, having no plans is so annoying but now everything is “half” sorted! 

Sure no worries 

1. I wrote down that i applied for partner visa and date i applied and that i want to accompany my husband to Australia and wait for the 309 there. 

2. Did not put any reason to return. I just uploaded my UK permanent residence 

3. Im a stay at home mum. So no job to come back to. I just uploaded savings, credit card and my husbands uk payslip saying he will support me in aus 

4. No. Savings was below £10k (dont worry i can understand your worries and no problem with the question). I did upload credit card allowance too

5. They do ask if you have applied for another visa to Aus. So i mentioned my Etas from the past and 309. 

Dont worry much. Its a very easy application. Not as complicated as 309, took about 10min to complete 

hope that helped a bit 

4 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday

thanks. We are very happy, having no plans is so annoying but now everything is “half” sorted! 

Sure no worries 

1. I wrote down that i applied for partner visa and date i applied and that i want to accompany my husband to Australia and wait for the 309 there. 

2. Did not put any reason to return. I just uploaded my UK permanent residence 

3. Im a stay at home mum. So no job to come back to. I just uploaded savings, credit card and my husbands uk payslip saying he will support me in aus 

4. No. Savings was below £10k (dont worry i can understand your worries and no problem with the question). I did upload credit card allowance too

5. They do ask if you have applied for another visa to Aus. So i mentioned my Etas from the past and 309. 

Dont worry much. Its a very easy application. Not as complicated as 309, took about 10min to complete 

hope that helped a bit 

Thank you SO much for your reply. It’s a huge help. I’m going for my medical on the 15th November so it’s done and dusted for both applications. Then I’m waiting for a bulk holiday pay payment from my employer as I am a stay at home Mum at the moment on Maternity leave. So we’re looking at flying out to Sydney early to mid February 😌😌 so very exciting! 

5 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday no problem at all!

im sure you will get the visa very easily! But i do understand how anxious you might be! 

February is nearly here 🙂 

I think the fact that the 309/100 is so LONG drawn you just get anxious about finally getting where you want to be 😞 I can’t wait to be ‘living’ outside again. Where are you heading to? 

1 minute ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday i know. Its crazy!!!!

we are heading to gold coast where husband is from. Cant wait!! 

Ooooo lovely! Keep me updated when you get there. Will keep me motivated 😂

I’m not so looking forward to selling and packing everything up but the end goal is fab! 

Who are you flying with? We’re going for Emirates as we’ve always had a decent experience although it will be our first time flying with our daughter who will be one!! 

• Like 1

@Poppysunday 

we flew emirates last year with my one year old. They were the best! My mother in law works for quantas and was impressed when i showed her all things they gave us for the little one (bibs, fruits, little toys, etc)

i highly recommend them

we are looking into stopping somewhere for a week as it was a very long flight and so tiring with a kid. Mind you shes done Brazil twice before Aus so she was used to flying long distance. Flight was ok but tiring for us more than for her. 

Selling stuff and packing sucks!!! I still have to move houses in a month because we sold ours. Such a pain. So basically packing twice argh! 

But yes the end goal is going to make it worth!  

My wife and little one (5 months old) just flew to oz for 3 weeks to see her family and flew with Emirates. She said she couldnt fault them going from having bags checked in business class to the little bits of added extra attention she had, which mattered a lot woth her travelling by herself. When we go over to oz we will be flying Emirates because of her experience.

Ooooo lovely! Keep me updated when you get there. Will keep me motivated [emoji23]
I’m not so looking forward to selling and packing everything up but the end goal is fab! 
Who are you flying with? We’re going for Emirates as we’ve always had a decent experience although it will be our first time flying with our daughter who will be one!! 

This is a great wealth of knowledge to have for when we submit ours. I will most probably turn in to a stay at home dad for the short term as my wife cam return to work, until at least the 309 comes through. Her family are in the sunny coast so will be settling down in Brisbane.

Thank you SO much for your reply. It’s a huge help. I’m going for my medical on the 15th November so it’s done and dusted for both applications. Then I’m waiting for a bulk holiday pay payment from my employer as I am a stay at home Mum at the moment on Maternity leave. So we’re looking at flying out to Sydney early to mid February [emoji18][emoji18] so very exciting! 

Hoping for some movement soon.  Booked my flight for the 29th December as they were starting to get expensive (£1000 for one way!!).  I Can change the date free of charge but am hoping to be able to spend New Years in Melbourne with my partner who is currently on a flight back to oz.

fingers crossed everyone!!