Perth and it's people gets a bad rap!

Red Rose

If life is so dire for them, why are they still there?  Surely you would move away if you disliked the place so much but no, some folk enjoy being martyrs and revel in complaining when they could do something about it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Toots said:

If life is so dire for them, why are they still there?  Surely you would move away if you disliked the place so much but no, some folk enjoy being martyrs and revel in complaining when they could do something about it.

Exactly, the first poster says they've suffered for 20 years - why would you not move??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

Exactly, the first poster says they've suffered for 20 years - why would you not move??

Don't understand that attitude.  As I said some people love to whinge and complain rather than do something positive to change their life.

Perth has always been very nice when I have visited on occasion.

Much like Sydney, I enjoy it for a trip but couldn't live there. I would miss the Arts Centre in Melbs too much.

These complaints seem no different to what you'd get if you polled a lot of folk in the western suburbs of Melbourne, I dare say...

1 hour ago, CeltInCaulfield said:

Much like Sydney, I enjoy it for a trip but couldn't live there. I would miss the Arts Centre in Melbs too much.

These complaints seem no different to what you'd get if you polled a lot of folk in the western suburbs of Melbourne, I dare say...

But not as much fun to post on PIO lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CeltInCaulfield said:

....................  or some of the western suburbs of Sydney.  

58 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Sad really.  I have never liked Perth, I think it is bland and boring but find the comments about racism and rudeness hard to believe.

We were having a conversation about racism the other day with my son and his girlfriend who is Australian born (her dad is Portuguese decent born in Angola) and hubby and I felt we had witnessed more racism in UK than we have here in Perth.  

I thought the majority of the comments crap. Though there is a "but".

I do think racism is a major issue. As some of you know, my wife is from Peru. In Perth there is a small very friendly Peruvian community. A few years ago, everyone got together to celebrate Peruvian Independence Day with a bbq and picnic on the river. We had Peru and Australian flags intertwined. A good family day out. Or would have been except for the abuse and passerby cars throwing things. Oh, and WA Police, a message to you. You are a racist bunch of scum with the combined IQ of a fish (they turned up and effectively said it was our fault for not being White) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I do think racism is a major issue. As some of you know, my wife is from Peru. In Perth there is a small very friendly Peruvian community. A few years ago, everyone got together to celebrate Peruvian Independence Day with a bbq and picnic on the river. We had Peru and Australian flags intertwined. A good family day out. Or would have been except for the abuse and passerby cars throwing things. Oh, and WA Police, a message to you. You are a racist bunch of scum with the combined IQ of a fish (they turned up and effectively said it was our fault for not being White) 

A terrible reaction from the police, but surely it was the officers who responded?  I hope you took it further if they told you it was your fault for not being white an put in a compliant against the individual officers.

6 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

WA police are like that and Qld too

11 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Good to hear.  I have never heard/seen any racism over in Perth, either.  Or in Melbourne come to that. 

Even here in Devonport where there are Indian, Chinese and people from African countries plus Moslems, there doesn't seem to be racism.  I'm pretty sure there will be a percentage of racist people here as there is anywhere else but at least they leave the migrants in peace to live their own lives.