187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

My medical and police clearances expired in August. We decided to redo them and contacted the hospital we had them done at originally. The nurse said that until immigration request new ones they can't do anything as there is already a medical showing on the account so they can not upload another....argh ? 

Honestly feeling so down about all of this now. Our life is on hold for the past 18months. We've had no holiday... saving all our annual leave so have to give less notice, are desperate for a new bed. Washing machine and oven both had to be replaced last month. Daughter had to start school again in September and all new uniform bought. I'm self employed and took no new work on for October as thought we would be going by now... it's sucking all our savings... ??

still I know I'm luckier then many with all the changes but today I'm having a bad day... sorry for the rant!

I hope you all get your visa soon, many of you have been waiting longer then we have I don't know how you remain so positive ..Have a good weekend 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elizawho77 said:

My medical and police clearances expired in August. We decided to redo them and contacted the hospital we had them done at originally. The nurse said that until immigration request new ones they can't do anything as there is already a medical showing on the account so they can not upload another....argh ? 

Honestly feeling so down about all of this now. Our life is on hold for the past 18months. We've had no holiday... saving all our annual leave so have to give less notice, are desperate for a new bed. Washing machine and oven both had to be replaced last month. Daughter had to start school again in September and all new uniform bought. I'm self employed and took no new work on for October as thought we would be going by now... it's sucking all our savings... ??

still I know I'm luckier then many with all the changes but today I'm having a bad day... sorry for the rant!

I hope you all get your visa soon, many of you have been waiting longer then we have I don't know how you remain so positive ..Have a good weekend 

Hi what is ur occupation nd timeline?

This is rajvir here... 187 DE restaurant manager offshore

filed my visa on 16/06/2016

still waiting its even 2 weeks over 15 months now.... so frustrating I asked my MA to send a follow up mail to immigration about it and he did it....

medicals was last done on 25/08/2016.... so our medicals are over 1 years old now....

This is what my MA sent to immigration

and I got a reply from them.... more wait ... don't kno for how long???

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

Here is the policy statement guidance from the department about how long they will accept medical clearances. There is some discretion by the decision maker that can be exercised.

When can the validity of a health clearance be extended

If the validity period of a health clearance can be extended, this can be done only for 6 months and only if:

• there were delays in processing the visa application for which the medical examinations were completed and these were not caused by the visa applicant, or
  • there are compelling or compassionate reasons.

Such extensions should not be given automatically.

Note:

• The validity of a health clearance completed for a previous visa application which has already expired should not, unless compelling and compassionate circumstances exist, be extended to facilitate re-use of a previous health clearance.
  • If an applicant has lodged a new visa application has HAP has already successfully ‘re-used’ a health clearance (completed for a previous visa), and this health clearance expires shortly after ‘re-use’ for the new pending application, officers should keep in mind that the delays in processing provision would not generally be in respect of the newly-lodged visa applications. These cases may fall under the ‘compelling or compassionate’ provision.
  • Extensions beyond those above are not available in any circumstances and processing officers should manage this. If it appears that a health clearance is about to expire before visa grant, processing officers should organise for health examinations to be undertaken again.
  • Where the applicant’s health clearance has expired, and no further extensions are available, applicants are required to complete medical examinations. 

2 hours ago, wayne wang said:

sadly, I applied 187 on  May 2016 and still waiting for.   no news, nothing , and my occuption is cook. 

Mine is cook too. I applied both nomination and visa 6th of April 2016 but still no news at all. 

There are so many people from cook occupation in month of March, April, May and June 2016

Did you applied onshore or offshore. Country HR or LR

9 hours ago, akumar said:

Mine is cook too. I applied both nomination and visa 6th of April 2016 but still no news at all. 

There are so many people from cook occupation in month of March, April, May and June 2016

Did you applied onshore or offshore. Country HR or LR

I applied onshore.  and how to check whether HR or LR?

On 23/09/2017 at 08:36, barker said:

Here is the policy statement guidance from the department about how long they will accept medical clearances. There is some discretion by the decision maker that can be exercised.

When can the validity of a health clearance be extended

If the validity period of a health clearance can be extended, this can be done only for 6 months and only if:

• there were delays in processing the visa application for which the medical examinations were completed and these were not caused by the visa applicant, or
  • there are compelling or compassionate reasons.

Such extensions should not be given automatically.

Note:

• The validity of a health clearance completed for a previous visa application which has already expired should not, unless compelling and compassionate circumstances exist, be extended to facilitate re-use of a previous health clearance.
  • If an applicant has lodged a new visa application has HAP has already successfully ‘re-used’ a health clearance (completed for a previous visa), and this health clearance expires shortly after ‘re-use’ for the new pending application, officers should keep in mind that the delays in processing provision would not generally be in respect of the newly-lodged visa applications. These cases may fall under the ‘compelling or compassionate’ provision.
  • Extensions beyond those above are not available in any circumstances and processing officers should manage this. If it appears that a health clearance is about to expire before visa grant, processing officers should organise for health examinations to be undertaken again.
  • Where the applicant’s health clearance has expired, and no further extensions are available, applicants are required to complete medical examinations. 

Thanks for that. 

So , for many of us who have medical expired over 6 months this means we have to spend more time and money getting them redone. ?!

this whole pr thing with its language tests, medicals police checks etc etc seems to be a big money spinning cartel between the govt and private companies. 

Oh well, knowing that we are at the bottom of the pile of Australian society there's not much we can do but fork out more cash. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, March19 said:

Thanks for that. 

So , for many of us who have medical expired over 6 months this means we have to spend more time and money getting them redone. ?!

this whole pr thing with its language tests, medicals police checks etc etc seems to be a big money spinning cartel between the govt and private companies. 

Oh well, knowing that we are at the bottom of the pile of Australian society there's not much we can do but fork out more cash. 

That is why you will see repeatedly on forums like this that applicants are advised not to do medicals until they are requested and police checks until they are requested. 

That is why you will see repeatedly on forums like this that applicants are advised not to do medicals until they are requested and police checks until they are requested. 

But at the same time the department could refuse your application if lodged incomplete... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Cippalippa said:

But at the same time the department could refuse your application if lodged incomplete... emoji848.png

The government does not refuse applications that don't have the police or medical checks included.  They will always notify the applicant to complete these before finalising any application.

On 22/09/2017 at 12:03, March19 said:

Hi. 

Any of you guys know how long it takes these days to get issued a  bridging B visa , so that we can travel abroad?

i got my bridging visa granted the following day i applied. so i think it doesn't take long ,but immi suggest at least 1 week before . Its better to apply ahead. 

Edited by dandy

On 22/09/2017 at 16:28, Kaushal said:

It seems like they are not going to process April files.

mine is April 2016 both nomination and visa  ?  under restaurant manager.

current update:

We are currently allocating ENS/RSMS cases lodged between April 2016 and June 2017

1 hour ago, dandy said:

i got my bridging visa granted the following day i applied. so i think it doesn't take long ,but immi suggest at least 1 week before . Its better to apply ahead. 

Thanks dandy. 

Good to know. I was thinking that this visa process my take weeks.