187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I cant believe it's talking sooo long for everyone. I am impatient for my case even now where as I applied visa on 31st August2017. But my nominations was applied mid April 2017. Can someone tell how much time i have to wait. 12 months from nomination time or visa time?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Rajat Babbar said:

I cant believe it's talking sooo long for everyone. I am impatient for my case even now where as I applied visa on 31st August. But my nominations was applied mid April. Can someone tell how much time i have to wait. 12 months from nomination time or visa time

No use off making any assumptions coz it totally up to immigration at the moment and ur occupation matters if you are been sponsored by retail or restaurant then just wait and watch if you are lucky enough or be prepared for worst..

3 minutes ago, Rajat Babbar said:

I am neither in retail or hospitality.
Yes someone also told me the same thing
That chefs and cooks take very long.
Everyone said 14 months but what can be minimum time ?

Minimum time could be one or two month I guess as some of them in this group got as early as that but they where scientists and professionals like that and what is ur profession and time line 

Edited by S.md

Minimum time could be one or two month I guess as some of them in this group got as early as that but they where scientists and professionals like that and what is ur profession and time line 
I my case I am applying as contact administer.
I just want things to happen asap.
I wish everyone gets through.
It is a big amount of money

10 hours ago, UserFriendly said:

Yeah true, moreover if you have enough points , go for point based visa 189.  No need to depend upon on anyone..

http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Chef/351311.htm

It tells u a lot

Its total unfair practice from
DIBP they are delaying our files without any legitimate reason & keep us waiting from more than 18 months....
Firstly if they have concerns about RSMS visa they should clear them before we apply.Now we are struck with this visa because DIBP still not updating us why we are unnecessarily waiting
When I applied RSMS i m eligble of 485 leading to GSM 
now after waiting more than 16 month i can't apply for 485 TR any more & because of age factor my points get droped from 30 to 25  so I m not eligible of GSM as well 
On the other hand my spouse is waiting overseas from last 2.5 years in hope that tomarrow will be our day.
Why  DIBP don't realize that applicants are human being not robots, they have life as well...
Why DIBP treating us so poorly & ignoring us just because we are applied with trade course not with doctor or teacher occupation.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, AJ15 said:

DIBP they are delaying our files without any legitimate reason & keep us waiting from more than 18 months....
Firstly if they have concerns about RSMS visa they should clear them before we apply.Now we are struck with this visa because DIBP still not updating us why we are unnecessarily waiting
now after waiting more than 16 month i can't apply for 485 TR any more & because of age factor my points get droped from 30 to 25  so I m not eligible of GSM as well 
On the other hand my spouse is waiting overseas from last 2.5 years in hope that tomarrow will be our day.
Why  DIBP don't realize that applicants are human being not robots, they have life as well...
Why DIBP treating us so poorly & ignoring us just because we are applied with trade course not with doctor or teacher occupation.

To be very honest AJ15, I agree with you 2000%, but you are not citizen of Australia yet, why on earth will DIBP cares about you, they need take care about your application and they work according to government policies.

I have heard that government officials and ministers from your native country can help you. I know someone who got leeway in IELTS because they knew some Indian politician. 

The best is to wait and be a bit smart with your choices, if you are genuine, it may take some time but you will succeed. Good Luck and be a bit more patient.

35 minutes ago, 9 May 2016 said:

9 may 16 no update 

maybe they want to push us after march and applied in new rules 

Do you think that new rules will apply on application which were submitted 1 and half year ago. 

if they will ask for 3 years experience for 187 DE at the time submission then too many of us will be in trouble. I had just 1 and half years experience that time when i applied for 187 visa. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AJ15 said:

Do you aware that this is a skilled migration program, AJ15 ? You should be appreciated that Aus Gov opens a chance for all of us to apply to be their residence. Do you ever think how much of effort and time and investment for those people who devote on their professional degrees (4-7 years of studying, 100k+$, lots of effort and sacrifice)? How can they be treated the same to the trade certificates? If you want to have a fast migration, go for investor visa or start studying in advance level and pack with lost of working experience instead of sitting here and whining around.  Migration system of Australia is fair and among an advance migration system in the world. In other system (esp. EU, US), migration is nearly impossible for direct (low) skill migrant. I can tell because I lived there long enough to understand their system. Sit back and wait, the time will come  

Edited by Pomza5931

23 minutes ago, jd0830 said:

Did you lodge the nomination and visa together? I got my nomination in July and then submitted my visa application. Any advice for how long I should waited for my visa granted?

wht was your occupation or were you offshore or onshore?

Did you lodge the nomination and visa together? I got my nomination in July and then submitted my visa application. Any advice for how long I should waited for my visa granted?
It depend on your occupation.my occupation is cook.my nomination was approved i november 2016 and i applied my visa on 3rd january 2017.its been 9 months .i am still waiting

3 hours ago, ropar said:

It depend on your occupation.my occupation is cook.my nomination was approved i november 2016 and i applied my visa on 3rd january 2017.its been 9 months .i am still waiting

It has really been a long time to wait for cook in many other posts. Good luck to you.

9 hours ago, ropar said:

My accupation is also cook.nomination nd visa both applied on 10th jan 2017.. in how many months u got nomination aprovel..

Hi everyone!

I have been  a silent follower of this forum for a while.

I have been waiting for 15 months and 9 days and finally this morning I decided to call immigration for the first time following a friend's advice (they didn't say anything really.... just to keep  waiting). And surprisingly I got a call from my MA just now telling me that my nomination just got approved half an hour ago! and they had a question about one of my police checks (apparently NZ's police checks are issued in a "funny way")

This is my timeline:

187 DE restaurant manager LR (QLD)

Nomination & visa: 24 June 2016

Nomination approved: 3 Oct 2017

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 5

Hi everyone!
I have been waiting for 15 months and 9 days and finally this morning I decided to call immigration for the first time following a friend's advice (they didn't say anything really.... just to keep  waiting). And surprisingly I got a call from my MA just now telling me that my nomination just got approved half an hour ago! and they had a question about one of my police checks (apparently NZ's police checks are issued in a "funny way")
This is my timeline:
Fingers crossed!!
Congratulations brother that must be a good news for you.
Can you or someone else Please tell me one thing is only cooks for whom there is a long wait or is it for everybody?
And after seeing your timeline I can see it's a long long wait.

From my understanding both restaurant managers and cooks are not in their list of priorities. My agent told me he had clients in my same situation waiting longer than me.

As I said a friend advised me to call, as she also waited for long on her visa, and after she rang she got it approved within the week. I rang directly the number at the bottom of the acknowledgement letter and surprisingly my phone call was picked up straight away. I was already expecting to be on hold for a while.

I'll keep you guys updated

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 24June said:

From my understanding both restaurant managers and cooks are not in their list of priorities. My agent told me he had clients in my same situation waiting longer than me.

As I said a friend advised me to call, as she also waited for long on her visa, and after she rang she got it approved within the week. I rang directly the number at the bottom of the acknowledgement letter and surprisingly my phone call was picked up straight away. I was already expecting to be on hold for a while.

I'll keep you guys updated

congratulations mate ... 

but calling them does not make any difference. I have been waiting for 17 months , and have called immi three times 

and got the same reply my files not allocated yet and they don’t know how much time they gonna take to finalised . 

You are just lucky in this case . 

Congtres again ..

15 hours ago, 24June said:

Hi everyone!

This is my timeline:

Fingers crossed!!

congrats.

did you call on this number ###########?

and can you tell what info they ask from you plz

thanx

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed DIBP phone number