Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

3 hours ago, Jason Martin said:

They will not have too trawl to hard.  A quick computer search will tell them all they have to know. Refunding everyone that has applied will be fun though as everyone whom has applied after the 20th Apr until the new rules (if passed) is technically able to apply. I think the rules will change but not in the present format, but what that will be, will be another issue.  Besides, with the current MP/Senator eligibility wrangle that is going on, I think that the proposed changes are going to be put on the back burner as each party gets its own little ducks in a row.  Hopefully the Senate review committee will not support the proposed changes in terms of (time) eligibility.

The Bill has already been introduced into the Parliament.   It will be debated when Parliament returns for the Spring session.   The report of the Senate Committee will obviously be important, but who knows how it will all finish up.  Don't see it being put on any back burner.  As for the Section 44 cases, they will be referred by the Senate - when it resumes - to the High Court sitting as the Court of Disputed Returns.  The Court doesn't usually muck around in such cases, which do come up from time to time.

I just started my online application for citizenship and was stuck at page 4 - Critical data confirmation as below.

Error message is "We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our systems. You will not be able to proceed with this application at this time as this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Anyone is suffering from this problem ?

Is DIBP blocking all the ongoing application ?

15 minutes ago, whtzau said:

I just started my online application for citizenship and was stuck at page 4 - Critical data confirmation as below.

Error message is "We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our systems. You will not be able to proceed with this application at this time as this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Anyone is suffering from this problem ?

Is DIBP blocking all the ongoing application ?

Hey mate, yes everyone is getting that error. We don't know yet if they blocked it entirely or its a temporary glitch, we will find out in coming days. 

Meanwhile you can report the error to Immionline Tech support: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form

Edited by wombatinabox
  • Like 1

Just now, wombatinabox said:

Hey mate, yes everyone is getting that's error. We don't know yet if they blocked it entirely or its a temporary glitch, we will find out in coming days. 

Meanwhile you can report the error to Immionline Tech support: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form

when did everyone start to suffer from that error ?

10 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

In your case you should just wait till the new rules are either confirmed or hopefully rejected.

Why should i wait aint others jumping in there applying even though they dont come under new rules?

Wife currently can under old rules and could have since 1st june,but under new rules cant apply till july 2018.

Some are saying once they start back at parliament they might not accept any new applications and pending what they decide. Again this would be pretty unfair trying to do right and waiting till the pull the finger out there arse then to be told tough you can apply.

There has been nothing to stop wife applying until now only when you guys mention cant get past page 4, and im sure there have been loads who applications in that are either are ok even if new rules kick in but im sure many under old rules in the hope its slides through.

Ok wife if they stick to new rules will have had her pr 4 yrs july 2018. But i rather if she was able to apply under the old rules of 1st june 2017. As the waiting game is a killer. 

I got mine australia day and it took 7 months from start to finish but that was due to a month delay as daughter was on mine and they noticed that she was still down as temp and not pr,admin mistake and for her to get citizenship she needed to go from temp to pr then to citizen. It took them 1 month just to sort that out.

But glad i added daughter to mine as if she was to do it same time as mum then daughter would have been waiting also like mum has.

4 hours ago, bwatt99 said:

Why should i wait aint others jumping in there applying even though they dont come under new rules?

Wife currently can under old rules and could have since 1st june,but under new rules cant apply till july 2018.

Some are saying once they start back at parliament they might not accept any new applications and pending what they decide. Again this would be pretty unfair trying to do right and waiting till the pull the finger out there arse then to be told tough you can apply.

There has been nothing to stop wife applying until now only when you guys mention cant get past page 4, and im sure there have been loads who applications in that are either are ok even if new rules kick in but im sure many under old rules in the hope its slides through.

Ok wife if they stick to new rules will have had her pr 4 yrs july 2018. But i rather if she was able to apply under the old rules of 1st june 2017. As the waiting game is a killer. 

I got mine australia day and it took 7 months from start to finish but that was due to a month delay as daughter was on mine and they noticed that she was still down as temp and not pr,admin mistake and for her to get citizenship she needed to go from temp to pr then to citizen. It took them 1 month just to sort that out.

But glad i added daughter to mine as if she was to do it same time as mum then daughter would have been waiting also like mum has.

If you apply now and they bring in the new rules, if she is not eligible under the new rules the application will be rejected.

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

If you apply now and they bring in the new rules, if she is not eligible under the new rules the application will be rejected.

Equally if they decide to bring in the new rules but using a later start date than the one they previously announced all those who haven't applied in the interim will lose out.

1 minute ago, wombatinabox said:

Immionline is now fixed that error doesn't appear anymore. However after page 4 it jumps straight to page 8. Not sure if that's normal?

hi 

i just have a query. what could be the substitute for birth certificate in australia citizenship application for indian nationals !

thanks

3 hours ago, Navdeep Dhillon said:

hi 

i just have a query. what could be the substitute for birth certificate in australia citizenship application for indian nationals !

thanks

what substitute did you use when you applied for your visa?

Hi All,

I got PR in 2016/July and I am about to apply for citizenship online and page 4 of citizenship application passed my "residence eligibility" so that I can proceed my online application. Does it mean DIBP has not implemented new rule onto online application ? Any one with similar situation like me (1 year PR) ?

6 minutes ago, Roberta2 said:

All applications from 20th April were frozen.  You will have to wait until Parliament decides on the new legislation.

thanks, it means DIBP has not implemented new rule into online application.

2 minutes ago, Jason Martin said:

Well, that is it. My wife and I have submitted our applications tonight under the old rules. It is now in the hands of the Gods. 

Just have to wait to see if common sense will prevail in the realm of the MP's!

Will you be refunded if they dont go with old rules this probably only reason wife has not applied she would have to wait till july 2018 under new rules.

Just simply cant afford to lose a fee if they dont refund.

4 minutes ago, bwatt99 said:

Will you be refunded if they dont go with old rules this probably only reason wife has not applied she would have to wait till july 2018 under new rules.

Just simply cant afford to lose a fee if they dont refund.

To be honest, I am not sure. Hopefully I would be, as at present the new rules have been enacted and I have met the criteria for the laws that are in place. That said, I am fortunate enough to be able to stand the loss of the application fee. 

We will be eligible to apply for citizenship this month. Our child is due to be born in September after our application has been submitted. From what I read, I will have to submit Form 1022 – Notification of changes in circumstances to update details of my new-born.

My question is can I scan form 1022 and upload it online after I submit my application? Do I need to submit any documents of my child like birth certificate etc? The child will not be included in the parent's application since he/she will be a citizen at birth.

10 hours ago, coker said:

We will be eligible to apply for citizenship this month. Our child is due to be born in September after our application has been submitted. From what I read, I will have to submit Form 1022 – Notification of changes in circumstances to update details of my new-born.

My question is can I scan form 1022 and upload it online after I submit my application? Do I need to submit any documents of my child like birth certificate etc? The child will not be included in the parent's application since he/she will be a citizen at birth.

Im curious when you say eligible for citizenship is this under the old rules or new rules if passed?

Im starting to wonder if my wife is the only one holding back on citizenship to see if new laws kick in or not.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that if you applied in all good faith and have committed no kind of fraud, and then later you find that the laws have been changed, so that you are not (yet) eligible, your application fee will have to be refunded.  Anybody know for sure?

15 minutes ago, Roberta2 said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that if you applied in all good faith and have committed no kind of fraud, and then later you find that the laws have been changed, so that you are not (yet) eligible, your application fee will have to be refunded.  Anybody know for sure?

I would love to know that answer as wife would have applied two months ago as it stands she has done nothing and if laws to change then she only needs to wait till july 2018 but i rather she couple apply now as an extra yr is a long wait only to be able to apply when she could have 2 months ago.