Jump to content
Beffers

Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Recommended Posts

Any one have citizenship department email address plz 

because some one told me citizenship visa process area is different and they have an email address where we can submit an inquiry 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amy Zhang said:

Nothing! Very disappointing. I have submitted my view on the new proposal. We still have one week to express our point view and email to citizenship.submissions@border.gov.au

It is everyone's DUTY affected by this to send a submission asap before end of this week. 

Make sure you Focus on the back dating and applications freeze. These new changes should only apply to future arrivals to Australia if at all. It is not right to back date this and put peoples lives on hold for such a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wombatinabox said:

It is everyone's DUTY affected by this to send a submission asap before end of this week. 

Make sure you Focus on the back dating and applications freeze. These new changes should only apply to future arrivals to Australia if at all. It is not right to back date this and put peoples lives on hold for such a long time. 

Both my husband and I submitted our appeal. Hopefully they will consider. We can only hope for the best.

 


--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

Both my husband and I submitted our appeal. Hopefully they will consider. We can only hope for the best.

 

curiously, how did you submit appeal without decision of DIBP ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jolie2015 said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-22/citizenship,-visa-grant-waiting-times-may-increase/8548012?pfmredir=sm

  • 355 staff have gone from department's visa and citizenship section since the beginning of the financial year
  • Growth in visa applications has bigger impact on waiting times than staff cuts, Mr Pezzullo says

No wonder they cut that huge number of staff. What can they do at this stage? nothing! Why can they get paid just sitting in the office and doing nothing. DIBP can hire people later if they need. Again, the ridiculous back dating stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

It is everyone's DUTY affected by this to send a submission asap before end of this week. 

Make sure you Focus on the back dating and applications freeze. These new changes should only apply to future arrivals to Australia if at all. It is not right to back date this and put peoples lives on hold for such a long time. 

Done.   I also send a copy of my correspondence to my local MP.  


Visa: 475 regional GRANT 22/6/12, touchdown 4/11/12 . Applied 189 PR visa 13/11/14 Grant 20/1/15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:46, whtzau said:

curiously, how did you submit appeal without decision of DIBP ?

What I mean is, we sent our views and appeal to reconsider the existing PR's by sending an email to this email address - citizenship.submissions@border.gov.au .


--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2017 at 13:02, Amy Zhang said:

No wonder they cut that huge number of staff. What can they do at this stage? nothing! Why can they get paid just sitting in the office and doing nothing. DIBP can hire people later if they need. Again, the ridiculous back dating stuff.

DIBP does not only processes citizenships, they also process visas. A lot of people and businesses are currently impacted by growing processing times for work or partner visas (permanent or not). 

As an example, I personally applied for my PR in June 2016, processing times were estimated at around 6 months back then. I have been waiting for more than 11 months incl. 4 months on BVA. And I am not the only one in that situation. 

FYI - As I was checking on my PR application status today in my immi account, I just saw the below notification:  

"Australian citizenship applications

The changes to the requirements to become an Australian citizen will come into effect, and apply to applications made from the date of the Government’s announcement on 20 April 2017. The changes will not apply to applications made before 20 April 2017. Applicants will receive communication on the implementation of these measures and any additional information and documentation that may be required to support their  application."

 


Citizenship Application lodged online: 09/05/2019 (aknowledgement received on the same day)

Citizenship Email for the test received: 19/07/2019

Citizenship Test on:  19/12/2019 (results: 100%)

Citizenship Application approved 20/12/2019

Citizenship Approval letter received: 08/01/2019

EOI received: 23/06/2020

Invitation received: 26/06/2020

Citizenship Ceremony: 30/06/2020

Council: City of Port Phillip (Melbourne, Victoria)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but they still have not communicated anything. Nothing since the automatic acknowledgement on the 20 th April. 

 

Some information would be nice. 


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jess6 said:

DIBP does not only processes citizenships, they also process visas. A lot of people and businesses are currently impacted by growing processing times for work or partner visas (permanent or not). 

As an example, I personally applied for my PR in June 2016, processing times were estimated at around 6 months back then. I have been waiting for more than 11 months incl. 4 months on BVA. And I am not the only one in that situation. 

FYI - As I was checking on my PR application status today in my immi account, I just saw the below notification:  

"Australian citizenship applications

The changes to the requirements to become an Australian citizen will come into effect, and apply to applications made from the date of the Government’s announcement on 20 April 2017. The changes will not apply to applications made before 20 April 2017. Applicants will receive communication on the implementation of these measures and any additional information and documentation that may be required to support their  application."

 

Dear, what I say is sarcastic! Of course, they should not cut that much, and let us just hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Yes but they still have not communicated anything. Nothing since the automatic acknowledgement on the 20 th April. 

 

Some information would be nice. 

I thought this too so called them. As I said, official line is 'check the website'. But the person I spoke to did say explicitly that they have nothing to process new people against until new tests etc are sorted so even when the backlog of pre-20th people are processed, if there is no new test etc, there is no processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Amy Zhang said:

Dear, what I say is sarcastic! Of course, they should not cut that much, and let us just hang in there!

My apologies for not reading the sarcasm.


Citizenship Application lodged online: 09/05/2019 (aknowledgement received on the same day)

Citizenship Email for the test received: 19/07/2019

Citizenship Test on:  19/12/2019 (results: 100%)

Citizenship Application approved 20/12/2019

Citizenship Approval letter received: 08/01/2019

EOI received: 23/06/2020

Invitation received: 26/06/2020

Citizenship Ceremony: 30/06/2020

Council: City of Port Phillip (Melbourne, Victoria)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, applied for citizenship by conferral, eligible under old rules through my immi account,dont know what is gona happen.


Nomination :6 nov ,Visa: 9 nov, 457 to 186 ,Hr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just submitted my view to the proposal via citizenship.submissions@border.gov.au. I have stressed on the retrospectiveness, the freeze on new applications processing and more importantly on the impact on Australia as a cosmopolitan economic hub. Will also try to email our local MP.

Personally, I will become eligible for citizenship under old and new rules from next month. I will go ahead submitting my applications despite potentially being left in limbo for a long time. Does anyone have an idea what happens if suddenly I need to travel overseas for a longer time during the new 10-12 months processing time? My father's health could take a turn any moment. So while I have a job in Australia, am a member of associations etc right now, I might have to step down from it in a year's time in order to care for an elderly parent.

Next Australia Day will be a rather sad affair I assume with hardly anyone having the chance to make the pledge to Australia.

Edited by jaydeeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaydeeo said:

Have just submitted my view to the proposal via citizenship.submissions@border.gov.au. I have stressed on the retrospectiveness, the freeze on new applications processing and more importantly on the impact on Australia as a cosmopolitan economic hub. Will also try to email our local MP.

Personally, I will become eligible for citizenship under old and new rules from next month. I will go ahead submitting my applications despite potentially being left in limbo for a long time. Does anyone have an idea what happens if suddenly I need to travel overseas for a longer time during the new 10-12 months processing time? My father's health could take a turn any moment. So while I have a job in Australia, am a member of associations etc right now, I might have to step down from it in a year's time in order to care for an elderly parent.

Next Australia Day will be a rather sad affair I assume with hardly anyone having the chance to make the pledge to Australia.

Being away from Australia during processing was never an issue before (the residency requirement had to be met at the time of application not afterwards) you just needed to be back to attend your ceremony. How it'll work under the new rules is anyone's guess.


Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaydeeo said:

Have just submitted my view to the proposal via citizenship.submissions@border.gov.au. I have stressed on the retrospectiveness, the freeze on new applications processing and more importantly on the impact on Australia as a cosmopolitan economic hub. Will also try to email our local MP.

Personally, I will become eligible for citizenship under old and new rules from next month. I will go ahead submitting my applications despite potentially being left in limbo for a long time. Does anyone have an idea what happens if suddenly I need to travel overseas for a longer time during the new 10-12 months processing time? My father's health could take a turn any moment. So while I have a job in Australia, am a member of associations etc right now, I might have to step down from it in a year's time in order to care for an elderly parent.

Next Australia Day will be a rather sad affair I assume with hardly anyone having the chance to make the pledge to Australia.

Thanks for making the submission, remember folks tomorrow is last day so make sure you submit your feedback and objection by then latest. 

As for being away after applying, well thats another unanswered question just shows you how bad the back dating factor is and how it shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place these are peoples lives they are playing politics with.

Imagine going away then finding out you're now supposed to be in the country. The back dating and applications freeze is pretty much putting everyone's lives on hold for the next year or two. Hopefully it gets thrown own by the courts. 

Please do keep us updated on your app. 

 

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most ironic and ridiculous part is "let's vote the legislation that hasn't been seen yet!" Just wait and see the final result!

Edited by Amy Zhang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single person who applied after April 20 has seen progress on their app. It's June now, clearly we are looking at a total freeze. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we applied 18 April, still no answer


Citizenship Application: 18/04/2017 Acknowledgement: 18/04/2017 Online / Paper - Online Test Email. - Citizenship Test TBA -Citizenship approval letter TBA  - Date of ceremony - TBA - Type of ceremony Normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×