there is literally no movement at all post 26th of june. and this thread has gotten really quiet too. how long will these guys (DIAC) take before they get stuck into 2013/2014 applications? *sigh*

i try to use the approach of "forget you are waiting for anything and focus on other things..." absolute failure, cant do it. lol. i need to start seeing july applicants get grants before i blow a fuse. lol. and the quiteness of this thread is not making it any better :laugh:

maybe a "waiting for DIAC" party is in order :wink:

Edited by oppyddrum
typo... nervous fingers lol

@ Sub: call 131 881. they might be able to tell you if you have a case officer or not. its usually a toss up, the person who picks up might or might not be willing and/or able to give you the info. we got lucky when we called and we were able to confirm that our medicals had been received and no CO had been allocated yet. she actually said we should be allocated within about 4 weeks, those 4 weeks will be up at the end of next week so you know we gonna be calling again just to say WAZZAP?!!! :laugh:

My agent warned me not to call DIAC directly as the MA is authorised to contact DIAC and are not responsible if my direct contact with DIAC influences my PR outcome. :err: Anyways as they say, "Watched pot never boils".. I better go on a holiday or something..

Hi everyone, i m new on this site.

I wanted to share my timeline with you guys.

ENS 185 Direct entry

Non DRC, No MA

Nomination lodged--3 sep 2013

Visa Application lodged--6 Sep 2013

Nomination Approved --27 sep 2013

Case officer allocated for Visa application ask for some more documents.Desperately waiting for decison..

Hi everyone, i m new on this site.

I wanted to share my timeline with you guys.

ENS 185 Direct entry

Non DRC, No MA

Nomination lodged--3 sep 2013

Visa Application lodged--6 Sep 2013

Nomination Approved --27 sep 2013

Case officer allocated for Visa application ask for some more documents.Desperately waiting for decison..

Dude, what career you are? and which DIAC ? So fast your case.........

Dude, what career you are? and which DIAC ? So fast your case.........

Yeah , it is so fast. I didn't expect it either. May be I m lucky .

My application is in parramatta office.

good luck to you guys who is still waiting.

very nice Jais. that is good. that puts my theory that they havent started on the current year applications in the trash! lmao. very good.

I am rubbing my palms waiting for the stampede of people getting allocated and approved. my optimism level just rose a bit. :)

anyways, keep us updated Jais (and anybody else with progress). the good news helps.

Hi guys employer has lodged my ens 186 application and it's been approved I have all the docs ready to go apart from the medicals . I have new born baby at 3 months old am I right in thinking that my little boy will require the full medical and chest X-ray also as he and my partner are all part of the application - any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers. Nick B

Hi guys employer has lodged my ens 186 application and it's been approved I have all the docs ready to go apart from the medicals . I have new born baby at 3 months old am I right in thinking that my little boy will require the full medical and chest X-ray also as he and my partner are all part of the application - any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers. Nick B

baby doesn't require X-ray

Children don't need Xrays or blood samples. The medical for kids is really simple and for a baby it should be a formality. For my daughter (aged 5) the nurse measured and weighed her, did a very basic eye test (telling what the pictures on a chart were), tested her urine. The doctor then checked her with a stethascope, checked her glands in her next, stomach, spine and ankles. That was about it. Still cost $300+ though!

Don't sweat the medicals - they're not so strict unless you have a long medical history or they find something seriously wrong. I passed and I'm in terrible shape...

Guest comeon2012

Hi duffer34, how long did you wait for the approval of nomination? Mine is also 186, Non DRC, No MA.

Thank you.

Hi I waited about a week for my employer to give me the TRN via the companies migration agent, just waiting to be paid then i will be lodging my part as i have all the documents and police checks ready to from the UK, not fussed about the timings as i have about another 3 years on my current 457. Looking forward to getting the PR done and dusted as this is my 5th year here and keen to get my citizenship

Guest comeon2012
Hi I waited about a week for my employer to give me the TRN via the companies migration agent, just waiting to be paid then i will be lodging my part as i have all the documents and police checks ready to from the UK, not fussed about the timings as i have about another 3 years on my current 457. Looking forward to getting the PR done and dusted as this is my 5th year here and keen to get my citizenship

Sounds good. Good luck.

457 transition. Not using an agent.

Employer nomination submitted 9th July.

Application submitted 16th July with all documents.

CO asked for medical 7th October.

Once the medical is completed, how long should I expect before my visa is granted?

Thanks guys, and good luck to everybody.

Nice one Pozz i am submitting my part on the 31st of Oct (Bonus Pay Day) , so will be great to hear how you get on. I am not using an agent either for my part work paid an agent to lodge the nomination thenI am on my own. Was it pretty straight forward to complete the online forms, as i am thinking of sitting down on the 31st for a few hours with my partner and getting stuck in?

A couple of boys hade their ENS visa's approved within 8 weeks and one of the other chaps that used and agent got his approved in 4 days!!!!

best of luck

Thanks duffer. It took me a couple of hours at most (rereading every question a hundred times). Mine was very straightforward. The worst part is filling out form 80, but you don't need to add that or upload your documents straight away....I took a few more days.

If you did your own 457 application you'll have no problems with it.

Good luck

Hi Guys,

I learned alot from your experience .

Just want to share my time line with ENS 186

Nomination and Visa Lodged :15 Aug 2013

Medical :05/09/2013

CO email or appointment :09 Oct 2013 for further information

Information send : 0830Time 10 Oct 2013

Visa Grant : 1030 time 10 Oct 2013

My Occupation : Management Accountant DRC

My Citizenship : New Zealand

total time 55 Days

These people are Quick .Best of Luck to all of you

Update on my application...

ENS 186 - Direct Entry Not DRC

Nomination by my employer June 12, 2013

Nomination APPROVED October 10, 2013

Sent in my Visa Lodgement September 18, 2013

Medical completed October 3, 2103 (with only the online request, not by a CO officer)

Dealing with Perth Office...

Thinking application approval might come today...

Update on my application...

ENS 186 - Direct Entry Not DRC

Nomination by my employer June 12, 2013

Nomination APPROVED October 10, 2013

Sent in my Visa Lodgement September 18, 2013

Medical completed October 3, 2103 (with only the online request, not by a CO officer)

Dealing with Perth Office...

Thinking application approval might come today...

Congratulations Paddlegirl, you're half way there!!

I'm glad to see another June applicant get some sort of approval, I was beginning to think they'd forgotten about us!!

We applied on 21st June (Nom and App), no news yet, hopefully we hear soon!! Perth Office also.

Good luck, hopefully you hear back about your Visa Grant soon!! :ssign19: