Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while.

Congratulations to all that have received their PR's soo far!!

Our Timeline.

186, Direct Entry, Not DR, Perth Office

Nomination & Application - 21/06/2013

Acknowledgement - 21/06/2013

It wasn't DR, but remaining docs, UK Police certs were uploaded on the 24/06/2013. Everything else was there Medicals and Aus Police certs and form 80's.

We have heard nothing since!!

I called Immi to check they had received our Medicals, they had been recieved, finalised and filed (2 weeks ago now)

That is all we know... It's driving us insane!! :arghh:

Thanks for everyone's posts on their progress it's keeping us going!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully we hear back soon!!

Finally I have a full update to post!! I feel like I have been waiting forever and completely know the pain and frustration that everyone is going through. But it does come so hang in there!! :)

Employer nomination lodged (non DRC) 12th March 2013

Case officer assigned: 17th June 2013

Asked for extra documents (training requirements): 24th June 2013

Sent extra documents: Weds 3rd July

Company nomination approved: Friday 5th July

My application lodged (DRC using MA): 19th July

Acknowledgement received: 24th July

Case officer assigned: Sep 11th

Approved: Sep 24th

I felt like I went through two waiting periods and the time it took the case officer to approve the final bit was crazy!!! (Sep 11th - 24th!) I was told that my case office worked part time so didn't have as much time to get through things.

Before the case office was assigned I called immigration several times (don't stop if you need an answer!!!). I was told at one point that I had been filed in two different places. Once this was sorted things seemed to move faster.

I am very happy now (and a little exhausted)!!

Thank you to everyone to posted their timelines - it is the one thing that has really helped throughout this.

Also - as you can see - I did the first half non-MA and the second half MA... not much of a difference!

louielou - couple of questions...

where was your application lodged?

also, when you mention calling - who did you call and did you just give your TRN number to find out the status? The only thing I get is the standard 6-8 months rather than speaking to someone who actually looks up my application. I don't even think I have been assigned a case officer though my nomination was lodged in mid June.

Does anyone know if the nomination hasn't been yet approved and my visa application has now been submitted (though a few months later) if they will both be reviewed at the same time when it does come up or will they go through separately? Just curious.

louielou - couple of questions...

where was your application lodged?

also, when you mention calling - who did you call and did you just give your TRN number to find out the status? The only thing I get is the standard 6-8 months rather than speaking to someone who actually looks up my application. I don't even think I have been assigned a case officer though my nomination was lodged in mid June.

Does anyone know if the nomination hasn't been yet approved and my visa application has now been submitted (though a few months later) if they will both be reviewed at the same time when it does come up or will they go through separately? Just curious.

My application was lodged in Parramatta

When I called, just called 131 881. But to make sure you go through to the right centre you have to press 6 (from memory). I got various people... some were like '6-8 months blah blah' some were incredibly incredibly helpful. They usually tell you to just email, which I did four times before getting a response. Once I got a response from someone I found them to be quite helpful too. It might have been different in my case as I was asking them about something that started for me in March. I just kept telling them that pretty much over and over.

From what I have read on here if your nomination and application are put forward at different times and neither has been approved they will be addressed at the same time. They 'link' your files and then put them through the system based on the earliest date. They should be able to tell you that on the phone.

My info

Visa applied - 26/6/13 : non-DRC / ENS186 - Transition Stream / MA

ENS 186

• Option: ENS 186 Transition Stream

Timeline:

• Applied for Nomination & Visa Applied - 26/6/13 (NON-DRC)
  • Nomination Granted - Pending
  • Case Officer Assigned - Pending
  • Visa Grant - Pending

Hope grant is coming soooooon....

Hi Everyone

I have been checking this reguarly so wanted to share my timeline.

186 Visa

Nomination and application submitted June 2013

Letter of acknowledgement - same day

Nomination and visa approved in Sept 2013 (just under 3 months)

Good luck to you all!

Edited by bexter79

Hay Mate, you can know from your Immigration Lawyer whether case officer assign or not, because he received mail from immigration office when case officer assign on your file or you can call to immigration office to know any update on your file.

Edited by Russ2013

Hey guys, I GOT IT!!! :)

Finally our 186 came through yesterday arvo!!!

I couldn't believe it! IT IS a MIRACLE!!

My timeline:

Nomination + Application : 28-06-2013

Further medical exams (partner only) submitted on the 25-07-2013

No more contacts until...

Nomination and Visa approved 26-09-2013

Direct Stream, with MA and DR.

Architectural Draftsperson

Rock & Roll!!!

Thanks to everyone, and good luck to those who are still waiting !!

Hey guys, I GOT IT!!! :)

Finally our 186 came through yesterday arvo!!!

I couldn't believe it! IT IS a MIRACLE!!

My timeline:

Nomination + Application : 28-06-2013

Further medical exams (partner only) submitted on the 25-07-2013

No more contacts until...

Nomination and Visa approved 26-09-2013

Direct Stream, with MA and DR.

Architectural Draftsperson

Rock & Roll!!!

Thanks to everyone, and good luck to those who are still waiting !!

Good on ya mate!

After seeing these uplifting timeline posts I am hopeful but also waiting with baited breathe:

186 Visa - Direct Entry

No MA and No DRC

Lodged at Parramatta (online)

University Lecturer

Nomination submitted - 12th July 2013

Visa application submitted - 15th July 2013

Health Check completed - 18th July 2013 (Did not send in until 30th Sept 2013 - thought it would be better not to wait for CO to ask)

Nomination approved - ???

Visa approved - ????

So much rests on getting PR - My Australian spouse and I are building our first home and the mortgage will be based on my salary alone as he is studying at the moment. Having PR would mean we only need a 5% deposit (which we have) whilst being on a 457 means we need 10% to qualify for our mortgage. Really hoping PR comes through before the house gets to settlement (approx. December 2013 to February 2014)

The stressful wait continues.....

<3 T

it doesnt seem like there is a lot of movement around the 186s.

i saw on an RSMS 187 thread that DIAC is sending some 187 applicants messages like below:

"Regional Sponsored visa applicants – please note:

In the skilled stream, of which your visa application is a part, priority processing arrangements and Migration Program planning levels have been designed to ensure the Australian economy gets the skills it needs now. The Migration Program planning levels for the visa category, Regional Sponsored, has a limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This will mean processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available. Until that time, I cannot guarantee that your application will be decided in the immediate term, nor can I give an indication as to the likely timeframe. You can be assured, however, that the department will contact you when we are ready to finalise your visa application."

this brings a question to mind; does the 186/Employer Sponsored have a yearly quota as well?

Please note: The quoted message was "borrowed" from another poster on the RSMS timeline page.

Edited by oppyddrum
Formatting

it doesnt seem like there is a lot of movement around the 186s.

i saw on an RSMS 187 thread that DIAC is sending some 187 applicants messages like below:

"Regional Sponsored visa applicants – please note:

In the skilled stream, of which your visa application is a part, priority processing arrangements and Migration Program planning levels have been designed to ensure the Australian economy gets the skills it needs now. The Migration Program planning levels for the visa category, Regional Sponsored, has a limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This will mean processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available. Until that time, I cannot guarantee that your application will be decided in the immediate term, nor can I give an indication as to the likely timeframe. You can be assured, however, that the department will contact you when we are ready to finalise your visa application."

this brings a question to mind; does the 186/Employer Sponsored have a yearly quota as well?

Please note: The quoted message was "borrowed" from another poster on the RSMS timeline page.

Oh no... That's REALLY bad news.

The stats are here: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Looks like there are 47,250 ENS visa's up for grabs this year - of which 16,000 are allocated to Regional Visas.

Good luck to everyone still waiting... The wait is killing me!

47,250 is quite a lot though isn't it? 20% more than 2008 for example so they must still want us(!)

I spoke to the IMMI today and was told the wait was 5-8 months, but could be less. My timeline is:

ENS186 - 457 transtition scheme. No MA, No DRC

20/8 - Nomination submitted

21/8 - Visa submitted

21/8 - Acknowledgement of application

30/9 - Status update - no case officer assigned

We have all our documents posted on the application bar the UK police checks (what a total faff they are - can't believe you have to post a blinking cheque in 2013!).

If it's all resolved by 31st December I will be chuffed to bits.

My updated time line is below, the application is DRC through a agent.

Nomination and application submitted: 26/6/13

Nomination and application Acknowledge: 26/6/13

Case Officer: ??????

Nomination Granted: 20/09/13

Application:

My visa was granted on the 20th september 2013 so less than 3 months.

Over the moon is an understatement

Happy to update my timeline:

ICT Project Manager, family of four

10/12 IELTS

10/12 Medicals

01/13 ACS Skills Assessment

10/12 - 06/13 Employer needs some time to sort out his bits and pieces

26/06/2013 186 ENS DES Nomination and Application lodged DRC by MA (Parramatta CoE)

exactly 3 LOOONG months waiting without any notifications / questions...

And finally 26/09/2013: Nomination approved and Visa granted all of a sudden! Sooo happy smile.gif

Good luck for everyone still waiting!

Matthias

Update my info

Visa applied - 26/6/13 : non-DRC / ENS186 - Transition Stream / MA

ENS 186

Timeline:

• Applied for Nomination & Visa Applied - 26/6/13 (NON-DRC)
  • Case Officer Assigned - 30/9/13
  • Visa Grant - Pending

Hope grant is coming soooooon....

hello everybody,

great forum, I'm here as everybody else, with the purpose of getting a 186 visa. My WHV will expire in April and I still need to do the assessment (261212 Web Developer)

1) I do not have a degree but I have 8 years of experience and I'll probably need to submit a PRL to the ACS. Is it feasible to get the skills assessed without a degree or it's impossible?

Other few questions about the 186

2) Are there any limitations for the company regarding the 186?

3) Are there any limitations going for the 186 from a WHV?

4) What is the waiting period for the 186 Nomination to be approved? It look long and I do not have all that time (WHV expires in April 2014).. so, can Nomination and Application be submitted at the same time?

5) If I do not get the skills assessed can they make a nomination for the 457 instead of the 186?

6) need some medical papers? or only in case it they ask for it?

Still need to find a lawyer, but I will probably by the end of this month

Thanks for the help guys, you definitely have more experience than me, you've already ahead of me.

I've not really much experience here, but the general advice (which we followed) is to submit the visa application at the same time as the nomination. The current wait times seem to be 4 months or so, but I was told yesterday to expect a 5-8 month wait.

The best advice is (I think) to get your application posted and then complete and post all the necessary documents on the website ahead of a case officer being assigned -i.e. don't sit and wait as it will take you several weeks to pull everything together anyway. I would also advise you to get the medicals completed once you have the reference number from the application.

Regarding the skills assessment and 457 question, someone else probably knows the answer, but my understanding is you can withdraw an application at any stage if you are ineligble. So if you applied for the 186 now and found out later you were ineligble, you would be able to withdraw and apply for a 457.

Best of luck.

So when I called the office to find out anything I could about the status of my application I also inquired about the medical requirements and they stated to wait until I heard from a CO about needing one however on the bottom of the online application it provided the medical letter - could this be all that is holding up the processing of my application? I have scheduled an appointment for next week but it wasn't something I was told to go and do but rather just a link on the application and I have no idea if it was there initially or not. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Looks like we are getting close.. I'm looking forward to the next visa decision for a Non-DR ENS PR applicant with application date from 25th June onwards. So guys if anyone seeing this post has their non-DR PR approved in approx. 90 days from application, please post it here so that it gives me some solace! Cheers...

By the by, my timelines below -

Visa applied - 28/6/13 : non-DRC / ENS186 - Transition Stream / MA

ENS 186

Timeline:

• Applied for Nomination & Visa Applied - 28/6/13 (NON-DRC)
  • Case Officer Assigned - (No idea how to find out)
  • Visa Grant - Pending