Thanks duffer. It took me a couple of hours at most (rereading every question a hundred times). Mine was very straightforward. The worst part is filling out form 80, but you don't need to add that or upload your documents straight away....I took a few more days.

If you did your own 457 application you'll have no problems with it.

Good luck

Pozz - I'm on the same visa route as you - 457 transition, no MA, no DRC.

Is Form 80 required? On the DIAC website the list of required docs doesn't include this - was it something you were specifically told to include or were you covering your bases? I've part filled out Form 80 but not posted it yet. If I can avoid listing every country I have visited with dates it would be a bonus as I have a job where I've spent a lot of time travelling.

Update on my application...

ENS 186 - Direct Entry Not DRC

Nomination by my employer June 12, 2013

Nomination APPROVED October 10, 2013

Sent in my Visa Lodgement September 18, 2013

Medical completed October 3, 2103 (with only the online request, not by a CO officer)

Dealing with Perth Office...

Thinking application approval might come today...

And it did...

VISA Granted October 11, 2013

Good luck to those still waiting... my weekend will be spent celebrating - so stoked!

And it did...

VISA Granted October 11, 2013

Good luck to those still waiting... my weekend will be spent celebrating - so stoked!

Thanks Paddlegirl, you lodged your visa on 18th september and its granted already that was quick. My nomination was APPROVED on 5th September and I lodged my visa on 6th September but no contact, nothing, medicals cleared on 19th September, used the online medical referral like you, but dont know if a CO has been allocated, no contact- NOTHING. Your timeline certainly gives me hope I might be lucky to get my visa granted this month too!!

Edited by daddydaycare

Hi Guys, for those still waiting too like ourselves whats taking them so long?? Our application has been in since the 26th June 2013 medicals etc had already been done previously in the year and we have still not heard a thing, no case officer yet either, im worrying now as everyone seems to be getting theirs granted and they submitted their applications later :( I think ours is being dealth with by the Paramatta office too. Fingers crossed it is soon its killing me everyday waiting.

Thanks Paddlegirl, you lodged your visa on 18th september and its granted already that was quick. My nomination was APPROVED on 5th September and I lodged my visa on 6th September but no contact, nothing, medicals cleared on 19th September, used the online medical referral like you, but dont know if a CO has been allocated, no contact- NOTHING. Your timeline certainly gives me hope I might be lucky to get my visa granted this month too!!

I think the difference is that while my application wasn't sent in until late September my nomination had yet to be approved. From my understanding when speaking with them - if your nomination and application are both in together (before either is approved - even if not lodged at the same time) they still get looked at together when they do get assessed whereas if your nomination is approved before you lodge your application then your application is then subject to another waiting period which again could be as long as their quoted 6-8 months. My understanding at least.

So while my application went in in September my nomination is what started the waiting period (submitted back in June). So I still endured the 4 months of waiting but just risked submitting both together and therefore got it all approved in one go.

Edited by paddlegirl

I guess the frustrating bit for everyone is it takes so long to be assigned a CO. Once the CO is assigned things seem to get done and dusted very quickly. I submitted on 20th August so there could be thousands still to go until I'm at the top of the pile. We have everything in place though, so once the CO gets hold of the application hopefully things will move very quickly. I'm reckoning on Christmas or early next year. Nothing to do but sit and chew the finger nails!

HI guys,

Im new here so thought I would post where I'm at

ENS 186 - 457 transition - MA - DRC

Nomination lodged 12th July 2013

Awaiting response...

Visa Application lodged 4th October 2013

Reading Paddlegirls comments has given me some hope! I hope its not too long now....

... - if your nomination and application are both in together (before either is approved - even if not lodged at the same time) they still get looked at together when they do get assessed whereas if your nomination is approved before you lodge your application then your application is then subject to another waiting period which again could be as long as their quoted 6-8 months. My understanding at least.

Your understanding is correct, this is exactly how the system works.

I'm in the same position submitted with all documents, DR, on 28th June. Mine is at the Melbourne COE, no case officer assigned as yet! I am in no rush to get it, but I still hate waiting!

Did you submit nomination only, or visa application as well?

On 2nd August we submitted nomination, also in Melbourne COE, still no news.

Hi all ..

A happy day in my life .. !

I've been watching this forum for timelines since a few months.. and now it's my time to contribute :)

ENS 186 - 457 transition - MA - DRC

Nomination by Employer : 21/Aug/2013

Lodged by Employer : 21/Aug/2013

Acknowledgement from Immi : 21/Aug/2013

Visa grant date : 16/Oct/2013

Lodged at: Paramatta, Syd.

All documents including Police certificates and medicals front loaded.

No updates for last 56 days .. and this monring the approval mail :)

And before I forget, thanks to all for your contributions.. and all the best!! May your approval mail come soon!

It wasn't decision ready. I did it myself with my boss although we did have some issues with the training criteria as most of ours is on the job so I got an immigration lawyer to help with that part only (advice).

I submitted:

Nomination - 22 May 2013 - Approved 9 Oct ( no case officer just an email confirming approval)

186 Visa - 6 September - still in process

Occupation is Graphic Designer

Hi was it decision ready by a MA? What profession if you don't mind me asking?

Hi

I did the same but only the nomination has been looked at and approved at this stage:

Nomination submitted 22 May - Approved 9 Oct

Visa Application submitted 6 Sept - still pending

I think the difference is that while my application wasn't sent in until late September my nomination had yet to be approved. From my understanding when speaking with them - if your nomination and application are both in together (before either is approved - even if not lodged at the same time) they still get looked at together when they do get assessed whereas if your nomination is approved before you lodge your application then your application is then subject to another waiting period which again could be as long as their quoted 6-8 months. My understanding at least.

So while my application went in in September my nomination is what started the waiting period (submitted back in June). So I still endured the 4 months of waiting but just risked submitting both together and therefore got it all approved in one go.

hi guys

Iv been following this thread for a while now, patiently waiting for my PR to be approved! Seems as tho its taking forever. heres my time line.

Ens 186 DRC through MA

457 transition

Application Lodged 28th june 2013

Had absolutely no updates or news, good or bad since my acknowledgement letter, received on the 28th of june 2013. Im sure there must be thousands of people out there waiting for their good news, who regularly check in to these forums to see how others are getting on, but like me they never quite feel like posting there own info! it is really good to see posts from those who do get through, wot ever the time line might be. So lets see if we can get a better idea of were the process is at! For all those people who haven't registered yet, find some time and get involved. I know all cases are going to be different, but the more time lines that are posted, the better the understanding of where we are all at will be! Im at 112 days now, how far back does the queue go? is there anyone out there who applied before june and still waiting? Has anyone heard anything from immi more specific than the usual 5-8 months? Or any news on the extent of the backlog from the 1st july rush? We all love reading other people stories on here, so put them up and keep the posts coming! And if you do get through dont forget to make that final post to give us the hope that ours might be just around the corner!!!

Good luck.:wink: