Hi guys,

Agree with Barnesy87.. what are the waiting times lately?

My application:

Ens 186 DRC through MA

457 transition

Sydney Parramatta

Application Lodged 26th July 2013

Waiting ... now at 84 days (on 18-Oct)

Hi Tedbear,

My application was also lodged on 26th July 2013, 186 DRC through MA, 457 transition and lodged at Parramatta office. Received acknowledgement on 26th July. Since then no update.... all it says is In Progress :-(

Do you mind sharing under which occupation you have applied for? Mine is under ICT Business Analyst.

Thanks !!!

Hello my friends,

Here's my timeline.

Perth, Visa RSMS 187 TRT (457 Transition, applied myself), Analyst Programmer.

[TABLE=width: 778]

[TR]

[TD]Nomination[/TD]

[TD]Submited[/TD]

[TD=align: right]26/04/2013[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Documents Requested[/TD]

[TD=align: right]24/06/2013[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Documents Sent[/TD]

[TD=align: right]27/06/2013[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Approval Notification[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Visa[/TD]

[TD]Applied[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Medicals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]05/07/2013[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Finalised and Sent by Medibank[/TD]

[TD=align: right]10/07/2013[/TD]

[TD] Not showing on the website[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Called Immigration[/TD]

[TD=align: right]31/07/2013 [/TD]

[TD]

They said the Medicals were uploaded and the timeframe is 6 months, but it's taking a bit more (8 months) atm and that I don't have a CO[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]No updates...and waiting...[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=3][/h]

Hey guys,

My immigration agent gave me a wonderful news today . Here is my timeline:

Visa and Nomination application : 15 August ( myself and my wife , DRC, MA.)

Permanent Resident : 18th October

God was really kind and the posts from this forum kept my hopes alive . Thank you so much .

TO all of you , especially who applied after 1st July - be patient and keep visiting this forum . You are nearly there.

Edited by apatil6

Hey guys,

My immigration agent gave me a wonderful news today . Here is my timeline:

Visa and Nomination application : 15 August ( myself and my wife , DRC, MA.)

Permanent Resident : 18th October

God was really kind and the posts from this forum kept my hopes alive . Thank you so much .

TO all of you , especially who applied after 1st July - be patient and keep visiting this forum . You are nearly there.

Congratulations !!!!

Which DIAC office did you lodged your application in?

Thanks

Hi jack2077, I applied as Management Consultant - 224711. Actually just checked now and I got my grant letter!!!

Therefore:

Ens 186 DRC through MA

457 transition

Sydney Parramatta

Visa grant 19-Oct (85 days)

Job code: management consultant

Best of luck, yours should be on its way!

Edited by tedbear

Hi jack2077, I applied as Management Consultant - 224711. Actually just checked now and I got my grant letter!!!

Therefore:

Ens 186 DRC through MA

457 transition

Sydney Parramatta

Visa grant 19-Oct (85 days)

Job code: management consultant

Best of luck, yours should be on its way!

Congratulations Tedbear !!!

thanks for sharing your info.. Yeah let's hope mine is on it way too.... Thanks :biggrin:

Soooo excited my sponsorship has been approved woop woop just need my visa to be now!

Nomination 22 may 2013

Nomination approved 9 Oct - no case officer

visa submitted 6 September - processing

Perth office.

although I have done my Medical it says I don't need them??

Hi.I have been reading this forum and just thought to share my case .

I am on the same boat as you guys are.Applied for 186 on 13 June 2013 ,received Acknowledgement letter same day.

We lodge the application in Victoria office. Haven't heard anything after.

I tried to ask my MA and rang +email Immi. But they said it will take 6 months minimum.Also they said it may take longer because of hip of application.

I was not happy after their reply its already been 17 weeks (130 days ).it shouldn't be taking too long ,its DRC but who knows whats going on....I have read some of the threads they applied in july and got their residencies in September...I don't know what to do...its just the waiting time killing me...

If we have applied Like DRC does that mean we will not have any CO??please let me know if any ones knows .Also if any one can suggest whats currently processing time period for 186...that will be great...Good luck

I am on the same boat as you guys are.Applied for 186 on 13 June 2013 ,received Acknowledgement letter same day.

I tried to ask my MA and rang +email Immi. But they said it will take 6 months minimum.Also they said it may take longer because of hip of application.

I was not happy after their reply its already been 17 weeks (130 days ).it shouldn't be taking too long ,its DRC but who knows whats going on....I have read some of the threads they applied in july and got their residencies in September...I don't know what to do...its just the waiting time killing me...

If we have applied Like DRC does that mean we will not have any CO??please let me know if any ones knows .Also if any one can suggest whats currently processing time period for 186...that will be great...Good luck

hi guys

Iv been following this thread for a while now, patiently waiting for my PR to be approved! Seems as tho its taking forever. heres my time line.

Ens 186 DRC through MA

457 transition

Application Lodged 28th june 2013

Had absolutely no updates or news, good or bad since my acknowledgement letter, received on the 28th of june 2013. Im sure there must be thousands of people out there waiting for their good news, who regularly check in to these forums to see how others are getting on, but like me they never quite feel like posting there own info! it is really good to see posts from those who do get through, wot ever the time line might be. So lets see if we can get a better idea of were the process is at! For all those people who haven't registered yet, find some time and get involved. I know all cases are going to be different, but the more time lines that are posted, the better the understanding of where we are all at will be! Im at 112 days now, how far back does the queue go? is there anyone out there who applied before june and still waiting? Has anyone heard anything from immi more specific than the usual 5-8 months? Or any news on the extent of the backlog from the 1st july rush? We all love reading other people stories on here, so put them up and keep the posts coming! And if you do get through dont forget to make that final post to give us the hope that ours might be just around the corner!!!

Good luck.:wink:

If we have applied Like DRC does that mean we will not have any CO??please let me know if any ones knows .Also if any one can suggest whats currently processing time period for 186...that will be great...Good luck to all

I have been waiting something to happen, but haven't heard from them.

Nomination & Visa Application lodged on - 22.6.13

Decision Ready

temporary transition ( 2 years completed on 457)

melbourne office

through migration agent ( he said it may take longer than 8 - 9 months)

Hoping for the best ..... all the best for all others applicants with similar situtaions

If we have applied Like DRC does that mean we will not have any CO??please let me know if any ones knows .Also if any one can suggest whats currently processing time period for 186...that will be great...Good luck to all

Hi everyone,

My visa grant letter came through yesterday afternoon! Huge relief! Here's my timeline -

ENS 186, Temporary Residence Transition, MA, Non-DR, Parramatta Office, Nomination and Application submitted together

Lodged: 28/06/2013

Approved: 21/10/2013

Total days: 115

Good luck to everyone waiting..

Cheers

Congratulations...

I haven't heard anything yet... not even nominations approval...

Mine was lodges nomination and visa application on 22.6.13.

When did they ask for medical??? My wife hasn't got english but they haven't ask for installment as well..

Hope fully coming soon.

Thanks

mikepar

Just some general advice which I believe is pertinent to this thread.

You should not compare your situation and timeline to other as this will only cause you undue stress and worry.

There are too many variables with the processing system and it is not so organised that applications are all methodically assessed and approved in accordance to a specified timeline.

The Immigration Department looks to process application within their “Service Standards” which for the Subclass 186 is 6 months.

Variables which can affect the processing time are many and include: processing office, case officer experience, case officer holidays, country of passport, medicals, character, documents provided, market rate, contracts, occupation nominated, licensing, stream applied under, complexity of application and how well the application has been prepared and presented.

From experience I can advise that even very similar applications lodged on the same day and processed at the same office can have very different timelines.

Just some general advice which I believe is pertinent to this thread.

You should not compare your situation and timeline to other as this will only cause you undue stress and worry.

There are too many variables with the processing system and it is not so organised that applications are all methodically assessed and approved in accordance to a specified timeline.

The Immigration Department looks to process application within their “Service Standards” which for the Subclass 186 is 6 months.

Variables which can affect the processing time are many and include: processing office, case officer experience, case officer holidays, country of passport, medicals, character, documents provided, market rate, contracts, occupation nominated, licensing, stream applied under, complexity of application and how well the application has been prepared and presented.

From experience I can advise that even very similar applications lodged on the same day and processed at the same office can have very different timelines.

Hi Raul,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sure it will help people who are waiting. Is the 6 month timeframe for non-DRC? Should we expect DRC cases to be quicker than this? My understanding was that they have priority?

Thanks again,

Isabel

Hi Guys, just filling in the online app for my ENS application, as my employer lodged my nomination and it has been approved. Very quick question i am not sure what my usual country of residence is as i have been in oz for 4 years on a 457 and prior to that i lived in Scotland (UK), so would that make my usual country of residence Scotland?. any chance someone can clarify this for me please.

cheers

Nick

Hi Raul,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sure it will help people who are waiting. Is the 6 month timeframe for non-DRC? Should we expect DRC cases to be quicker than this? My understanding was that they have priority?

Thanks again,

Isabel

The 6 month timeframe is just the DIBP “service standard” for this type of visa. As such most enquiries to DIBP in regards to processing before this time are met with the answer: “it is still within the published service standards”.

To the Departments credit, most applications are being processed well within this time.

As for DRC, Yes, they are supposed to be given priority although again, from experience, this is not always the case and I have seen non DRC applications be processed quicker than DRC in some instances.