Unbearable situation here: 

- 482 visa granted back in Aug 2016 (the old 457 Visa)

- Flew back to the UK March 2020 for a 3 week break. 

- Borders shut. Unable to get back. 

- 482 Visa expired Aug 2020. 

- 186 TRT applied for July 2020. 

- Still waiting for approval May 2021. 

- Been working for no salary since April 2020, Aussie hours from the UK. Not sure how long I can continue to do this before I break.

Am I still worth applying for Travel exemptions in hopes that approval will trigger Visa approval? 

Any other avenues other than waiting indefinitely? 

Anyone else in this boat??

Cheers!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RecPom said:

- Been working for no salary since April 2020, Aussie hours from the UK. Not sure how long I can continue to do this before I break.

Am I still worth applying for Travel exemptions in hopes that approval will trigger Visa approval? 

Cheers!

Same here

Gonna apply 186 trt in Sep. Stuck overseas and  working remotely.

Refer to budget 21-22. It looks like they will focus on onshore applicants. Not sure any chance for offshore applicants

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, RecPom said:

Cheers!

I'm very sorry for your situation but why are they not giving you any salary? I was stuck for 9 months as well but they allowed me to work remotely with salary. Later on, I was able to get an exemption. 

• Like 1

Hi all, just quick question for 186 DE Visa, do i need to do a Labour Market Test when applying for it? 

I work for the same employer for almost two years and i have 3 years overseas experience.

My application is ready to be submitted just want to confirm the LMT requirement before i submit it.

anyone has any idea? or know someone applied for the same visa recently?

your help will be much appretiated.

Cheers 

39 minutes ago, Ahmed.AK said:

Hi all, just quick question for 186 DE Visa, do i need to do a Labour Market Test when applying for it? 

I work for the same employer for almost two years and i have 3 years overseas experience.

My application is ready to be submitted just want to confirm the LMT requirement before i submit it.

anyone has any idea? or know someone applied for the same visa recently?

your help will be much appretiated.

Cheers 

I had to do to apply my visa. You should check with an immigration agent.

42 minutes ago, girafales said:

I had to do to apply my visa. You should check with an immigration agent.

Hey Girafales,

Just looking at your signature and your timeline - Could I ask if your employer is an accredited sponsor or just a standard and has your nomination been approved?

Many thanks!

Edited by mallan82450

17 minutes ago, mallan82450 said:

Hey Girafales,

Just looking at your signature and your timeline - Could I ask if your employer is an accredited sponsor or just a standard and has your nomination been approved?

Many thanks!

Hi, May I know if there is any list I can search to know if my employer is accredited sponsor?

3 minutes ago, Shashank2000 said:

Hi, May I know if there is any list I can search to know if my employer is accredited sponsor?

I think you would have to ask the employer but here is a link to what an accredited sponsor is and what requirements they have to meet to be one:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/becoming-a-sponsor/accredited-sponsor#Eligibility

1 hour ago, mallan82450 said:

Hey Girafales,

Many thanks!

He is an accredited sponsor. I was in 482 for 2y and now they have applied the 186DE. But other employees had their 186 without being in the 482.

I didn't have any update about my nomination so far.

Thanks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hopeforever said:

Riki@ your nomination approved already?

I done AFP last week in advance , medical we booked with old hap id but bupa said it’s expired 

I think you can hear the good news soon

all the best 🙏

Yeah nomination was approved since 2019 i think depends on the luck some people get approved even with expired police and medical check up or some get requested in same time mine was separate police check  was requested end of March and medical just on the weekend so hopefully that's the last thing before the decision.

4 minutes ago, Riki said:

Yeah nomination was approved since 2019 i think depends on the luck some people get approved even with expired police and medical check up or some get requested in same time mine was separate police check  was requested end of March and medical just on the weekend so hopefully that's the last thing before the decision.

19 months is just insane!

How quickly was your nomination approved in 2019 after your submitted?

Hi everyone

Joining the chorus to see if there are any people in a similar boat with any good news? My timeline is below;

Birth Country: US

Stream: 186 TRS

Offshore / Sydney

Number of applicants: 1

Visa and Nomination applied:  1 July 2020

Nomination approved: 14th July 2020

I'm currently offshore and I'm keen to know if there have been any offshore applicants who applied in 2020 who've had PR approval.  Like many people, seeing the timelines increase periodically and taking into consideration the news around prioritisation for onshore applicants has been hard.

Getting back home ( AUS) has been an impossibility ( despite me trying), i'm desperate to be among the 75% who're processed within 13 months!

21 minutes ago, KansasDreaming said:

Hi everyone

Joining the chorus to see if there are any people in a similar boat with any good news? My timeline is below;

Birth Country: US

Stream: 186 TRS

Offshore / Sydney

Number of applicants: 1

Visa and Nomination applied:  1 July 2020

Nomination approved: 14th July 2020

I'm currently offshore and I'm keen to know if there have been any offshore applicants who applied in 2020 who've had PR approval.  Like many people, seeing the timelines increase periodically and taking into consideration the news around prioritisation for onshore applicants has been hard.

Getting back home ( AUS) has been an impossibility ( despite me trying), i'm desperate to be among the 75% who're processed within 13 months!

I am in a similar boat (applied earlier than you, April 2020). Well, according to the disclosure logs the Department publishes, there have been few offshore applicants that got their PR grants in 2020 and 2021 (and even earlier in this theme you could find a post from one of these lucky guys). This gives some hope although not really a lot.

Hi all,

quick question for 457 ->186trt ICT business analyst 

If my visa and nomination applies offshore(still holding 457, working remotely and waiting for 186trt). Once the gate open, I back to Aus.

Q1: What kind of applicant I will be? Offshore or onshore?

Q2: Does it affect the processing time?

Thanks

Edited by dxh

4 minutes ago, dxh said:

Hi all,

quick question for 457 ->186trt ICT business analyst 

If my visa and nomination applies offshore(still holding 457, working remotely and waiting for 186trt). Once the gate open, I back to Aus.

Q1: What kind of applicant I will be? Offshore or onshore?

Q2: Does it affect the processing time?

Thanks

are you intending to travel to AUS prior to your visa being granted ( if so, how?).  Eitherway, I'd imagine you'd still be an offshore applicant as this is determined at the moment of application ( from what i've seen online). On point 2, based on this sbs link: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/budget-2021-22-update-on-australia-s-immigration-program-skilled-migrants-and-international-students onshore applicants are to be prioritised.

26 minutes ago, kgbspender said:

I am in a similar boat (applied earlier than you, April 2020). Well, according to the disclosure logs the Department publishes, there have been few offshore applicants that got their PR grants in 2020 and 2021 (and even earlier in this theme you could find a post from one of these lucky guys). This gives some hope although not really a lot.

Oh wow. It feels like it's a waiting game then. Do you think you're waiting longer due to the number of applicants on your application?

22 minutes ago, KansasDreaming said:

Oh wow. It feels like it's a waiting game then. Do you think you're waiting longer due to the number of applicants on your application?

To be honest, I would rather relate it to my Russian citizenship.

However, it might be the case of the position that is not in PMSOL, the number of applicants, bad luck or something else; kind of guessing game. There are people here waiting since 2019...

On 23/03/2021 at 13:49, Splum said:

Hey guys, just thought I’d put a post out there to see if I could get some feedback, clarity or help someone else out. Been waiting almost 11 months now. A guy I work with has exactly the same timeline as me but he had his visa granted in 4 months. Haven’t been seeing many carpenters have visas granted recently. Has anyone else?

Timeline - 

ENS 186 

Carpenter

Onshore NSW

Lodged 5th May 2020

Medical done

s56 requested and answered. Except for an extension requested by my employer to give him time to gather financials for the company. All answered now 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck 🤞 

Have you had any news? We are also applying under same occupation and finally got to lodge applications yesterday and had our medicals completed today!  don’t see many trades on here. 

Edited by LaurenUK

Hey guys,

Old time reader first time poster, I got my PR yesterday after waiting for 11 and a half months, my timeline is strange but I will post it.

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - May 26th 2020

Onshore : Yes

Country of Origin: Peru

No. of applicants : 2

Role : Network Engineer

Physicals: Sent on June 2020

Extra documents asked on July (Police certificates): Documents finalised and sent on October (due to Covid the availability of my Police Certificates (for my country we actually need 2) took a lot of time)

Requirements for proof that I am still employed : Late April 2021

Visa Granted : 11 of May 2021

Employer : It is an accredited sponsor

• Congratulations 3

14 hours ago, MR_LATPR said:

Hey guys,

Old time reader first time poster, I got my PR yesterday after waiting for 11 and a half months, my timeline is strange but I will post it.

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - May 26th 2020

Onshore : Yes

Country of Origin: Peru

No. of applicants : 2

Role : Network Engineer

Physicals: Sent on June 2020

Extra documents asked on July (Police certificates): Documents finalised and sent on October (due to Covid the availability of my Police Certificates (for my country we actually need 2) took a lot of time)

Requirements for proof that I am still employed : Late April 2021

Visa Granted : 11 of May 2021

Employer : It is an accredited sponsor

well done mate ! Hopefully I'm in the next ones !