32 minutes ago, Sere said:

Today my 28 days for provide the infos they requested me will end!

lets hope something will happen and they will start again to look at my application.

waiting since February 2019

nothing so far 

my anxiety is killing me 

Same.. 28 days was up yesterday- I hope it will get looked at this week. Fingers crossed for us both 🙂

1 hour ago, sj88 said:

Wow that is early in the morning. Congrats 

Hi Sj,

Our timelines are the same. We got S56 done on August 26th. Have you confirmed all documents submitted once you uploaded your S56? We did this and the status automatically changed to “Further Assessment.” 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dianne12 said:

Hi Sj,

Our timelines are the same. We got S56 done on August 26th. Have you confirmed all documents submitted once you uploaded your S56? We did this and the status automatically changed to “Further Assessment.” 

No- our MA doesnt want to press "submit" as she wrote a letter requesting why the s56 was requested as the document they requested is correct and in date on our application. Which is frustrating-🙄 hence why our status is still initial assessment. 😞  But it does say in the s56 request than once the documents have status received that Immi have them so fingers crossed it wont be too much longer. Our MA thinks it was just an oversight on the case office part and hoping once they look at it they will see their mistake. Sooooo just have to wait until they look at it.  I am hopelessly optimistic and think that our case will be re-opened this week *immi account page will be on refresh overload. 🙂 🙂  Congrats to you again- such great news considering you thought you were in for a longer wait. 🙂 

Edited by sj88

State: QLD
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
Nomination & visa  applied: 13 Nov 2018

Nomination approved : 13 June 2019 

Request for my Partner Police check  which we submitted yesterday : 24 June 2019

Request for my Partner Ilets  : 12 SEPT 19

WE SUBMITTED ON 19TH SEPT 19

Last Update shows : 19 SEPT  2019 
IMMI Status: Further assessment😪

9 minutes ago, Sere said:

How many people have been waiting for over 13 months now??

why they say the processing now is 9 to 13 months if it is not true 

@Sere Please remember that this is the average waiting times. There are some cases that go well past the 2 year mark and others that (as you've seen), take a couple months. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Sere Please remember that this is the average waiting times. There are some cases that go well past the 2 year mark and others that (as you've seen), take a couple months. 

I'm just holding on til I'm in month 18 only a month to go hehe

It says 15-18 so it's in the timeframe 

I don't know why people stress out after a few months when the time lines are there for a reason 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tops said:

I'm just holding on til I'm in month 18 only a month to go hehe

It says 15-18 so it's in the timeframe 

I don't know why people stress out after a few months when the time lines are there for a reason 

Because for some reason many people being assessed in the first few weeks and applications with exactly the same content sitting there for much longer. 

The only reason why I want my application to go through as quickly as possible is to be eligible to apply for citizenship next year - just when 4 years mark is reached. You can never know how will the current legislation change in the future...

Edited by cyril_au

13 minutes ago, cyril_au said:

Because for some reason many people being assessed in the first few weeks and applications with exactly the same content sitting there for much longer. 

The only reason why I want my application to go through as quickly as possible is to be eligible to apply for citizenship next year - just when 4 years mark is reached. You can never know how will the current legislation change in the future...

@cyril_au Understood, however, this is another good reason why each case needs to be taking on it's own merit and not compared. 
- Easier said than done though, I know I did the exact same thing at some stages. 

If you keep comparing to anyone / any other application, you'll drive yourself crazy! 

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

@cyril_au Understood, however, this is another good reason why each case needs to be taking on it's own merit and not compared. 
- Easier said than done though, I know I did the exact same thing at some stages. 

If you keep comparing to anyone / any other application, you'll drive yourself crazy! 

I thought the whole point of this forum was to drive ourselves mad comparing to others 😂 at least stressing on here spares my family and friends from some of the madness! 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I thought the whole point of this forum was to drive ourselves mad comparing to others 😂 at least stressing on here spares my family and friends from some of the madness! 😁

@Swoop Hahah, true!

It's just worth remembering that no 2 cases are the same.

24 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Swoop Hahah, true!

It's just worth remembering that no 2 cases are the same.

It is just a lack of transparency that makes the assessment process to look a bit of unfair. Two cases can take a different amount of time only if they have passed the initial assessment stage - then particulars really matter. But many cases haven't progressed any further even with their nominations being approved... So, why not just to tell people waiting that there is preferential treatment of some sort based on X, Y and Z...

Edited by cyril_au

Hi Guys, my visa got granted this morning - 30 days since 2nd S56 request. I just randomly checked the IMMI account and saw the status changed to Finalised. I thought it was a system error since that has been happening lately, not to mention my MA hasn't even notified me of the grant yet 😂 But once I opened the message section within the account login, I saw the GRANT LETTER!!!

I'm over the moon now and really appreciate the helpful information I received from this forum. Big thanks to @Hex

Best of luck to those who are still waiting. My biggest tip is not to keep checking the immi account too often, do it like once or twice a week , and most importantly carry on and live your life to the fullest 💜💜

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

6 hours ago, sj88 said:

Same.. 28 days was up yesterday- I hope it will get looked at this week. Fingers crossed for us both 🙂

What was requested in your s56???? Didn’t you update all the  documents . My wife  overseas Police clearance  is already expired and our Australian Police clearance is expiring in October . I am not sure when they will be opening the File 

Edited by Jerita