Hi all, 

can I ask based on trt186 visa (grandfathering policy) , if my visa was approved in 30/5/2017, does it mean that employer can essentially start nomination process on 30/5/ 2019? Thank you in advance. Feeling nervous and excited all at the same time. 😅

1 hour ago, dejuvu said:

Hi all, 

can I ask based on trt186 visa (grandfathering policy) , if my visa was approved in 30/5/2017, does it mean that employer can essentially start nomination process on 30/5/ 2019? Thank you in advance. Feeling nervous and excited all at the same time. 😅

@dejuvu I'm assuming you mean your 457 visa was granted on the 30/05/2017.
- If so, then unless you have taken more than 3 months unpaid leave during the 2 years, you'd be allowed to lodge your TRT visa on the 30/05/2019. 

It's worth noting that, there is no waiting period for a DE visa (however, you will require a skills assessment).

So yes, you can lodge your visa for PR very soon, if you wish 🙂 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2019 at 22:59, mercurie said:

Hi, yes the company was able to sponsor me, as they are a big corporate house, and I am known to them...  Could that be the reason that there is an over-suppl of accountants in Australia is delaying my application and could possibly result in rejection?

It should be 2 years of 3? On the IMMI websitet, it is mentioned that "you must have worked for your employer full-time for at least three years".

39 minutes ago, John007 said:

Hi everyone, 29th May we pay vac2 payment, now further Assessment " , any idea how long need for decision ?

@John007 Unfortunately, no one would be able to advise on a time frame here. It's a case of "how long is a piece of string". 
- Personally - I've seen "Further Assessment" applications get responses within a couple of days and others (most) after many months. 

1 hour ago, Anajmi said:

It should be 2 years of 3? On the IMMI websitet, it is mentioned that "you must have worked for your employer full-time for at least three years".

Yes it is minimum of 3 years working experience, which is a mandatory requirement. 

State: VIC
Birth Country: India
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  17 May 2019
Nomination approved: 24 May 2019

Medical Examination and India PCC requested on 28th May  by CO

Both completed and submitted  on 3 June 2019

Awaiting Visa Grant 

17 hours ago, Anajmi said:

It was changed to 3 years so the website is updated, but if you are eligible under the grandfathering rules then it is 2 years.  And you must have worked for the employer for 2 years since the 457 was granted.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, sadly I want to share bad news with  you.

My nomination has been refused yesterday. The reason was exactly the same as the first time - the company is not able to pay the salary for the next 2 years.

I have to admit, I expected that but I had hope because financials looks waaaay better now than it was before.

Our decision is to withdraw and to find another employer asap.

Cheers,

Nat

• Sad 5

17 minutes ago, natmis said:

My nomination has been refused yesterday. The reason was exactly the same as the first time - the company is not able to pay the salary for the next 2 years.

I have to admit, I expected that but I had hope because financials looks waaaay better now than it was before.

Cheers,

Nat

Sorry to hear Nat. Keep faith on God. I m worry now same reason they gave me like u. And second time I m waiting to open my file as a cook. First time they refused straight without asking further documents.

2 minutes ago, Deep1984 said:

Sorry to hear Nat. Keep faith on God. I m worry now same reason they gave me like u. And second time I m waiting to open my file as a cook. First time they refused straight without asking further documents.

When i lodge nomination first time they refused on same base that company cannot  afford till 2 yr but second time they approved my nomination from same company don’t worry please try one more time with fresh documents and find good agent.

21 minutes ago, natmis said:

Cheers,

Nat

Hi Nat,

I got refused for the same reason in 2017 and still waiting for a response from the AAT.

You could try and lodge another nomination again providing more evidence to support the business situation and justify why the business is in debt at the moment by providing accountant letters, local business letter of support or similar things.

Many businesses are in debt but still manage to pay their employees wages is just the way it is in the world now.

If you research you can see that even the Department of Home Affairs is in debt, how do they pay their wages?

Good luck

1 minute ago, peyotemix said:

Hi Nat,

I got refused for the same reason in 2017 and still waiting for a response from the AAT.

You could try and lodge another nomination again providing more evidence to support the business situation and justify why the business is in debt at the moment by providing accountant letters, local business letter of support or similar things.

Many businesses are in debt but still manage to pay their employees wages is just the way it is in the world now.

If you research you can see that even the Department of Home Affairs is in debt, how do they pay their wages?

Good luck

Hi, They are actually not even in debt.

They had a massive investment from the investors and they were able to pay the salaries from product sales. I don't want to appeal because it just takes too much time, having in mind the current processing times + they got refused twice, chances are extremely low.

If we won't find the employer that is willing to sponsor, I'll apply for student visa as I still have Uni till December 19.

34 minutes ago, Dhakalbinod said:

Child medical and secondary applicants english requested by case officer 30 may paid vac2  jun 4 and did child medical jun 3. How long we need to wait for grant 186 visa nominations already approved anybody have idea?

30 to 35 daya

2 minutes ago, natmis said:

They had a massive investment from the investors and they were able to pay the salaries from product sales. I don't want to appeal because it just takes too much time, having in mind the current processing times + they got refused twice, chances are extremely low.

If we won't find the employer that is willing to sponsor, I'll apply for student visa as I still have Uni till December 19.

@natmis Sorry to hear about the news - never good seeing these come through. 

Could I ask, are you on a "higher than usual" salary, or is it more of the company can't afford a "affordable salary? 

Also - applying for a student visa, although buying some time - might not help with employment, as you are only allowed to work a set amount of hours on that visa, which is not ideal for your situation (I assume). 

Good luck and please keep us posted. 

6 minutes ago, natmis said:

Did they ask you to provide additional information or ask something?

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

@natmis Sorry to hear about the news - never good seeing these come through. 

Could I ask, are you on a "higher than usual" salary, or is it more of the company can't afford a "affordable salary? 

Also - applying for a student visa, although buying some time - might not help with employment, as you are only allowed to work a set amount of hours on that visa, which is not ideal for your situation (I assume). 

Good luck and please keep us posted. 

Just to clear some things out - I'm a secondary applicant, my partner is the one who got sponsored.

I would say that all experienced software engineers earn around $100k so that's not too high. I think that immigration don't take into the consideration money from investors. Simply, annual turnover needs to be in a good place.

I need to stay in Australia to graduate as I already have spent thousands of dollars on Uni fees 🙂 and I have just one semester left.

We'll see how it goes and if we won't find anyone to sponsor us, then we will go somewhere else:) 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I applied 186 trt from 457

Occupation..  cook

Nomination  and visa applied.. 06 Dec 2018

Nomination approved.. 21 May

Request information..  21 May(health check, police report)

Request submitted..  30 May 

Still i can see initial assessment 

How long will take to get pr ..🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

10 minutes ago, natmis said:

Just to clear some things out - I'm a secondary applicant, my partner is the one who got sponsored.

I would say that all experienced software engineers earn around $100k so that's not too high. I think that immigration don't take into the consideration money from investors. Simply, annual turnover needs to be in a good place.

I need to stay in Australia to graduate as I already have spent thousands of dollars on Uni fees 🙂 and I have just one semester left.

We'll see how it goes and if we won't find anyone to sponsor us, then we will go somewhere else:) 

Thanks!

Speak with a good immigration agent, I think that if your boyfriend likes his job and does not mind keep working there for the next 2/3 years you can easily win the case at the AAT