1 hour ago, Ducktales said:

Silent, avid reader for a very long time now with good news! (Finally)

Pretty complicated process due to sponsorship in a niche role by a very small company (5 workers), with changes in Directors/ABN mid way through first 457.

Finally received Nomination and Visa grant on Friday 10th.

Signature updated below.

This is a very tough test for most, don't ever give up the chase. "Rest, never stop!"

Great forum with some amazing members. Thank you!

THE MARATHON CONTINUES🏁

Very similar situation to mine. my boss sold the company halfway through my 2 years. so i was concerned about my nomination but after a long 10+ months my nomination was granted on Friday!! hoping my visa grant isn't far behind!

State: VIC
Birth Country: Scotland 
Stream: TRT
Number of applicants: 1
Nomination applied:  06/07/18
186 Visa applied: December 06/07/18
Nomination approved: 10/05/19
186 Visa approved: ....

IMMI Status: Received

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

38 minutes ago, ScottK said:

Very similar situation to mine. my boss sold the company halfway through my 2 years. so i was concerned about my nomination but after a long 10+ months my nomination was granted on Friday!! hoping my visa grant isn't far behind!

@ScottK So does that mean that the new company sponsored you (by means of re-application), or did you simply not inform Immi and wait for them to review the application? 
- Do you still work at the company that was sold? 

Doesn't a company that's sold and bought change ABN numbers? 

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@Capitano It's a pleasure - and yes, I've been away for work. 

Regarding your follow up question, again - you need to not compare.

All applications are dealt with on an individual basis - in fact, your CO likely doesn't even know about the other applicants from the same company (likely different CO's).
Meaning, each case will follow the exact same process;
- Including all files being opened and reviewed on their own merit. 

Personally, I don't think that famous email means anything, and there hasn't been anything to the contrary on this forum to prove otherwise. 

Be patient and don't compare, it's the worst thing to do. 

@Hex thank you very much for the detail answer, you are a one genius !!! 

I just talk to. My MA and she is telling me the nearly same details. My nearly half stress is away and will let you know when I will be there.

"In one god we all believe" 

Again thank you @Hex

Edited by Capitano
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hex said:

@ScottK So does that mean that the new company sponsored you (by means of re-application), or did you simply not inform Immi and wait for them to review the application? 
- Do you still work at the company that was sold? 

Doesn't a company that's sold and bought change ABN numbers? 

Hi @Hex 

I was originally sponsored by company A, they sold and it was taken over by company B. My visa agent arranged for my 457 to be transferred to the new company (they also had to register as a new sponsor). Yes ABN number had changed so when my nomination and visa were submitted we had to prove that both companies were effectively the same company and nothing had changed. Still doing the same work from the same place of business for the same clients with the same staff etc. My MA did a lot of back and forth with company B to gather up all the required information. 

2 minutes ago, ScottK said:

Hi @Hex 

I was originally sponsored by company A, they sold and it was taken over by company B. My visa agent arranged for my 457 to be transferred to the new company (they also had to register as a new sponsor). Yes ABN number had changed so when my nomination and visa were submitted we had to prove that both companies were effectively the same company and nothing had changed. Still doing the same work from the same place of business for the same clients with the same staff etc. My MA did a lot of back and forth with company B to gather up all the required information. 

@ScottK Thanks for this, it's actually a really interesting area of immigration and think this exact post above ^ will help many people with a few queries within the same area. 

Thanks for sharing and confirming my thoughts - good luck! 🍀

2 hours ago, ScottK said:

Great to see another Chippy 😊

Check out details in my signature where a request for licencing has slowed us down. CO requested proof of licencing/registration which is not required in WA. And now we're back in the pile😬

Hopefully yours isn't far off!

Guys, i think we got the golden email!

Just logged in and in immi's portal says Finalised - Granted. 

We don't have any messages yet and neither agent has called but i checked in Vevo and says resident.

Champagne time!!!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 20

Hi everyone,

The company I am working now has applied PR application for me through 457-186 TRT stream. My employer applied Nomination and visa together. It’s not convenient to ask all the time how is going with my visa, therefore, I registered an account and be able to check my personal visa status at any time; Is there anyway I could check the Nomination status as well? I couldn’t tell from the immiaccount I registered. Or should I believe if my Nomination passed and the immiaccount status which I received will be changed from [Received] to any other staus? 

I’ve attached the current update from the web. 

Cheers

D276122B-E548-4503-B9A7-538E6FCC689E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 15:49, bajuk66 said:

Hi,

I received my ENS 186 4 months ago at a great company that I really used to enjoy working for. 2 months ago I won the lottery (what are the odds right) and told myself I would put the money aside, keep my head down pretend it didn't happen and keep working till the 2 year mark.

It's not working, I can't concentrate at work I am too excited about what I want to do with my life and I am struggling to get the motivation to wake up in the morning to go to work to earn an income that I no longer need.

I don't want to tell my employer that I won the lottery, in fact I don't want to tell anyone. I am worried if I resign and they contact the department my PR will be taken away from me. Do you think I am being paranoid? I justify it by thinking that I could convince the department this happened out of the blue, that I had the intention to stick it out for 2 years....

My family is settled here by the way. I didn't win a "ridiculous" amount, just enough to live modestly for the rest of my life so packing up and moving elsewhere is not an option.

For everyone worried about the 2 year condition, I spoke to 3 different migration lawyers and they all agreed that as long as there is a credible reason that does not disprove that one had the intent to work for the sponsored company for two years that there shouldn't be an issue so with that in mind I am going to speak to my employer tomorrow *eek*

Best of luck to everyone on their journey. For what it's worth, getting my PR was far more rewarding and life changing than winning the lotto. I came from a horrendous and violent country...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 2

19 minutes ago, KellyG said:

Hi everyone,

The company I am working now has applied PR application for me through 457-186 TRT stream. My employer applied Nomination and visa together. It’s not convenient to ask all the time how is going with my visa, therefore, I registered an account and be able to check my personal visa status at any time; Is there anyway I could check the Nomination status as well? I couldn’t tell from the immiaccount I registered. Or should I believe if my Nomination passed and the immiaccount status which I received will be changed from [Received] to any other staus? 

Cheers

D276122B-E548-4503-B9A7-538E6FCC689E.jpeg

No, you are not able to import the company nomination in to your account.

1 hour ago, KellyG said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers

@KellyG Unfortunately, you cannot view your nomination details.
- Your visa application contains 2 separate applications (not both need to be lodged at the same time, however, most commonly are):

1. Company nomination:
This is the first application that needs to be lodged, reviewed and accepted (there are times when the visa and nomination are reviewed at the same time). 
- This application, is on behalf of the company sponsoring you and contains all information / financial details of the company in question. 
As this application has company sensitive information, it's typically not accessible to the sponsored employee (unless you are real friendly with the owner of the company) - for obvious reasons. 

2. Visa application:
This is the application for your 186 visa, which contains all your own personal information and is accessible by you online.
You can simply login to your Immi account --> select to import and application, and insert your TRN (and a few other) details. From here, you'll be able to view and edit (not suggested if you have a MA) your application. 

Hope that helps. 

17 minutes ago, Roshan55 said:

Finally good news 

186 visa granted in 6 months.

thanks everyone . Hope and wish you all the best .

Congratulations! Could you please share your timeline to the community? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I have lodge my 186 visa and nomination yesterday under TRT street . I have questions if anyone can help me. Do we need to show training benchmark or only sefy levy enough. My boss paid sefy levy with nominations thanks 

46 minutes ago, Roshan55 said:

Finally good news 

186 visa granted in 6 months.

thanks everyone . Hope and wish you all the best .

Congratulations.. just wanna know how many days it took immi to approve your visa after further documents request?

On 12/05/2019 at 10:26, BB88 said:

Just so I am clear, if "my" application says "Initial Assessment" then the "nomination" has been approved?  How sure are you?

As I got nomination approved and my status went from received to Initial assessment where I was asked further documentation

Over the moon,

Received my PR yesterday at 3.10pm. Nearly 7 weeks after request for more information.

Bought the Champagne on Sunday just in case and could open it the day after...(Followed the trend of this forum)

Thank you for all the info you share In this forum as make you feels you are not alone.

Good luck to all of you waiting on your visa, 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

7 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

Over the moon,

Received my PR yesterday at 3.10pm. Nearly 7 weeks after request for more information.

Bought the Champagne on Sunday just in case and could open it the day after...(Followed the trend of this forum)

Thank you for all the info you share In this forum as make you feels you are not alone.

Good luck to all of you waiting on your visa, 

Congratulations

Does anyone know if the 30-40 days rule apply after the Nomination Grant? It has been 33 days since my nomination was granted, but no news afterwards.

I understand that the two applications are the separate processes. What I do not understand, however, is why the DHA considers new applications instead of finalising half processed ones.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, art said:

Does anyone know if the 30-40 days rule apply after the Nomination Grant? It has been 33 days since my nomination was granted, but no news afterwards.

I understand that the two applications are the separate processes. What I do not understand, however, is why the DHA considers new applications instead of finalising half processed ones.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have been wait for 2 month after nomination granted, no news afterwards either. Same question, I don't know what happened.

Hi All

Been watching for awhile - mainly in the middle of the night when the visa fear hits me! Have to say this forum has made me feel better sometimes, worse others 😂 

We finally got our nomination approved today, 6 months to the day it was lodged. Immi Gov is still saying Received as our status for the rest of the application, but fingers crossed it changes in the next short while. 

We're going through redundancies in work at the moment, so I've just been on edge so much wondering would the visa ever come through so we were secure, looks like we're finally underway.

FYI - I did get the famous email along with everyone else, not that that seems to actually have meant anything! 

• Congratulations 5