1 minute ago, Lauren186 said:

This isn't true, you do have options if your Nomination/Application is refused. You will be on a Bridging visa until a decision is made, if you are refused, you have 30 days to either lodge an appeal which would then revert you back to your bridging visa until a decision is made on your appeal with the AAT, or you can apply for a different visa, or reapply again. Point is, your not going to be instantly deported if your application is refused and you have time to decide what to do if so. 

Hey all, been following this for a while now, been 13 months on the dot since lodged my nom and visa, my current 457 is due to expire in 4 weeks and I have been told by MA that on a bridging visa, if my nomination is refused for whatever reason I have next to no options (although have been saving up to lodge another visa if required) my immigration agent has advised I lodged a new temp work visa now 482 is it?  As a sort of insurance, which I'm prepared to do but I'm worried it will effect my 186 lodged, any one got any advice?

Seriously loosing sleep over this! My company is small with only 12 employees so I'm assuming this could mean Ive a long way to go yet 😞 

Occupation Project Administrator

State: NSW
Birth Country: UK
Stream: 186 DE (onshore application)
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  26 February 2018
IMMI Status: Received 

12 minutes ago, Lauren186 said:

Hey all, been following this for a while now, been 13 months on the dot since lodged my nom and visa, my current 457 is due to expire in 4 weeks and I have been told by MA that on a bridging visa, if my nomination is refused for whatever reason I have next to no options (although have been saving up to lodge another visa if required) my immigration agent has advised I lodged a new temp work visa now 482 is it?  As a sort of insurance, which I'm prepared to do but I'm worried it will effect my 186 lodged, any one got any advice?

Seriously loosing sleep over this! My company is small with only 12 employees so I'm assuming this could mean Ive a long way to go yet 😞 

My MA also advised me to lodge a TRT application before my 457 expires if I would have the money (which is a lot!!!) because in case of refusal of my DE 186 I wouldnt be able to lodge a TRT anymore while being on a bridging visa.  

And yes as mentioned above you always have the appeal option, but my MA said it would take 2-3 years to get a hearing only, which you then puts you potentially back in the queue in case of a positive outcome. So another year on bridging visa it could be 3-4 years on a bridging visa. I would not like that.

The only question is , why a 482 ? Because its a temporary visa so how could you then get PR eventually?

Edited by Suusz

14 minutes ago, Lauren186 said:

@Lauren186

I asked my MA that same question this morning!! Our 457 expires mid May. 
She advised that renewing your 457 (482 visa) would be a pricey and potentially unnecessary option. She said she has uploaded a letter to the CO (yet to be assigned) saying that if the nomination is to be declined, then the preference of the applicant would be to withdraw. If we were given this option, and our 457 had expired, we would have 35 days on our BVA to arrange alternative visas / leave the country. She does not feel it will come to this.

Personally I'm not sure how the letter would work, but it's worth a shot.

9 hours ago, Eva.L said:

Hi all,

Yesterday I received an email by the CO asking for Skill assessment, work reference, PTE to release the score for my husband as he is the main applicant (already submitted in first instance the application was lodged) and birth certificates for my children. While it comes to a surprise to me that they are still asking for documents already submitted my question is in regard of PTE. How can I contact PTE to release results? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Eva

Hello,may be CO did not check what doc been attached ,, just attached the required again and for pte I think the next day your husband supposed to receive an email from pte the day, pte  exam which your husband given.follow the link and that’s certificate can be downloaded and that’s the original...

thanks

Please go to the link below

https://www8.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage.htm?clientCode=PEARSONLANGUAGE&_ga=2.40462946.1749483994.1553665400-1672881526.1553665400

and sign in or create web account ..then view reports,,you will be able to download the results...

Edited by MMHF
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Co requested police clearance docs for me and my wife on 8 th of march 2019. we uploaded docs on 15 march.in my IMMI account  status shows received only not changed to initial assessment or further assessment is it normal? please advise anyone in same situation.

in best case when can i expect outcome of application?

thanks in advance. 

Edited by Srims

8 minutes ago, Srims said:

Hi All,

Co requested police clearance docs for me and my wife on 8 th of march 2019. we uploaded docs on 15 march.in my IMMI account  status shows received only not changed to initial assessment or further assessment is it normal? please advise anyone in same situation.

thanks in advance. 

DId you click the “I confirm I have provided the information as requested” button at the bottom of the “Attach Documents” section on the IMMI Account?

9 minutes ago, Srims said:

Hi All,

thanks in advance. 

Hello,,Generally CO is given 28days to provide required document.sometimes they check after that ..but I think if you provide all the necessary documents so it may take 1 day to unknown. Status received ,, this can be received to finalise. One of my friend had the same situation.

thank you

• Like 1

Im also waiting from oct 2016 asked me documents 3 time and from dec 7 last update sick with this further assessment bullshit this all they dont want to process our files

You have doubled your waiting time...why don’t you put a complaint or call them to try and accelerate the file.

6 hours ago, Srims said:

Hi All,

thanks in advance. 

Yes .. I am in the same boat 

Hi all, nomination and visa application for 186 DE as a cook by MA,it has been almost 13 months  I did not import my file to my immi just not to get stress..but just 15 days I have already imported application to my immi for follow up, and I am having so depressed and can’t control my self..day by day stress level rising..I was fine, now I am having trouble..is this only with me like that???

thank you

Edited by MMHF

8 hours ago, MMHF said:

Hi all, nomination and visa application for 186 DE as a cook by MA,it has been almost 13 months  I did not import my file to my immi just not to get stress..but just 15 days I have already imported application to my immi for follow up, and I am having so depressed and can’t control my self..day by day stress level rising..I was fine, now I am having trouble..is this only with me like that???

thank you

@MMHF keep tight and be patient. I`m in the same situation as most of us here. Stressful? A lot, both mentally and physically. It`s 3 years I`m paying lots of money to send my children to a public school. Very tiring managing all the expenses. But still I think we are lucky as there are a lot of people out there that would love being in our position, waiting rather than looking for a sponsor.

I check my immi account twice a day or maybe more. Some days I`m stressed some days I`m not. This will hopefully end up soon and it will just be a memory.

Good luck

Cheers

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

@MMHF keep tight and be patient. I`m in the same situation as most of us here. Stressful? A lot, both mentally and physically. It`s 3 years I`m paying lots of money to send my children to a public school. Very tiring managing all the expenses. But still I think we are lucky as there are a lot of people out there that would love being in our position, waiting rather than looking for a sponsor.

I check my immi account twice a day or maybe more. Some days I`m stressed some days I`m not. This will hopefully end up soon and it will just be a memory.

Good luck

Cheers

Thanks for that..

5 minutes ago, CrispyDuck said:

Long time reader, first time poster........my company has been asked to provide additional information, anyone advise if this information is satisfactory how long it might take for visas to come?  Nomination and application submitted May 2018

Hi @Crisyduck, whats your occupation.

17 hours ago, Lauren186 said:

Hi Lauren,

I am going through the same situation, I've applied for the same profession and my company has same quantity of employees. Why you cant apply for 482 if your 186 is refused?

As they removed contract administrator and project administrator from the list last year they are not looking at those files... even before those were the ones that took longest period of wait if you look in the spreadsheet.

Very disappointing 🙄 

15 minutes ago, CrispyDuck said:

Long time reader, first time poster........my company has been asked to provide additional information, anyone advise if this information is satisfactory how long it might take for visas to come?  Nomination and application submitted May 2018

@CrispyDuck it's hard to believe that as a "long-time reader" you have not read the answer to your question. This forum has been predicting am average of 30-40 day turn around on a decision after submitting requested docs. Some pages back you will have read about people getting grants within 1 day of submitting extra docs, and others waiting on further assessment for 10+ months. It seems to be a lottery. But be thankful your file has been looked at, hopefully you won't have a long wait 😊

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, playitbyear said:

@CrispyDuck it's hard to believe that as a "long-time reader" you have not read the answer to your question. This forum has been predicting am average of 30-40 day turn around on a decision after submitting requested docs. Some pages back you will have read about people getting grants within 1 day of submitting extra docs, and others waiting on further assessment for 10+ months. It seems to be a lottery. But be thankful your file has been looked at, hopefully you won't have a long wait 😊

Thanks @playitbyear to be honest I get pretty overwhelmed with the amount of information and questions on here and appreciate whilst this has been answered before you have summarised brilliantly for me, thank you : ))))

On 23/03/2019 at 19:43, paramsahota said:

They banned my employer for 3 years because he changed director but he didn't notify to immi and some accountant issue as well

Can I ask what other issues they found regarding accountant? 

When they banned your boss for 3 years, you lost your sponsorship too, or you decided to apply through the DE?

Thanks