Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Lauren186

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Lauren186

    6 month working limit exemption HELP!

    same article for 417 visas. Ill check with an immi agent! https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-417/6-month-work-limitation
  2. Hi all, We have employees (tradesmen) working for us on 417 visas, we always make sure that they finish up on or before the 6 month date however I have been made aware of the following article on the immi website which clearly states employee's can work over a year if based on different locations. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-462/6-month-work-limitation Our tradesmen are based on different sites across NSW. For example; employee 1 spent 4 weeks working on a CBD install and has now been moved to a Tunnel project where is has spent 4 months, we plan to move him next week to a North Sydney installation. Can he continue to work for us so long as we can demonstrate him moving to different building sites? We want to get this right so as not to end up in trouble with immigration / it to effect our employee's visas in the future! Any help is greatly appreciated!
  3. Hey all, Just curious to see who's still waiting since Feb 2018 & before without a peep not even nomination request for further docs? Im currently on a bridging visa and considering applying for a temp 482 visa just incase I am refused (recommended by Agent) With me over the 13 month wait time will a call to immigration make any sort of difference. The wait is seriously driving me insane having lived here for 4 years and worked for the same employer for 2.5 years! PS I did not lodge a TRT as we were unsure what the changes would be post March so decided to get a visa lodged before this time not knowing about the grandfathering. Occupation: Project Coordinator State: NSW Birth Country: UK Stream: 186 DE Number of applicants: 2 ENS 186 Nomination applied: 22 February 2018 ENS 186 Visa Application applied: 23 February 2018 IMMI Status: received
  4. Lauren186

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Hey all, been following this for a while now, been 13 months on the dot since lodged my nom and visa, my current 457 is due to expire in 4 weeks and I have been told by MA that on a bridging visa, if my nomination is refused for whatever reason I have next to no options (although have been saving up to lodge another visa if required) my immigration agent has advised I lodged a new temp work visa now 482 is it? As a sort of insurance, which I'm prepared to do but I'm worried it will effect my 186 lodged, any one got any advice? Seriously loosing sleep over this! My company is small with only 12 employees so I'm assuming this could mean Ive a long way to go yet Occupation Project Administrator State: NSW Birth Country: UK Stream: 186 DE (onshore application) Number of applicants: 1 ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 26 February 2018 IMMI Status: Received
  5. Lauren186

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Occupation: Project Administrator State: NSW Birth Country: UK Stream: 186 DE (onshore application) Number of applicants: 1 ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 26 February 2018 IMMI Status: Received I have had my nom and visa lodged for almost 13 months now, I am on a 457 with this employer but at the time of lodgement I had not worked with them for the 2 years required for TRT and with all of the changes looming prior to March 2018 myself and my employer decided to lodge early incase TRT was not available to me. I am anxious over a lot of things including the company Profit, the months prior to the application shows a mixture of loss ( some significant) and some small profit. The business as a whole however has been running for over 17 years. I have however been updating immigration with the most recent BAS and P&L which show constant profit for the last 2 quarters, also I send a report of the this financial year > date which shows a massive profit. Should I worry my nom will be refused due to this? My current 457 expires in around 7 weeks time, I have been recommended by my MA to lodge another working visa, ( the one that replaces 457) just incase my 186 is refused as I may have little options on a bridging via. Has anyone been In a similar situation with regards to refusal due to losses? Being a small company we do not have an accountant we do it all in house however I am able to have a chartered acc write me a letter of recommendation if this will strengthen my case. Any pointers appreciated!!!