Status updated today. 

Went from received to initial assessment. 

DE applied 12/01/2018

Occupation Broadcast designer 

1HR+1LR

asked more docs which were already attached to the application. MA contacted immigration straight away and they said they won’t need the documents they asked for. Not sure how they asked for the docs while everything was submitted already.

Did anyone experience the same? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retaurant manager 187 Direct Entry onshore RSMS

Rcb Approved

Nomination applied:march 2017

Visa applied april 2017

Nomination Refused :31august 2018

After 18 months of working in samr position and waiting ...my nomination got refused.Can anyone please advise can I re-apply nomination and tribunal both together.

I dont know the reason as they should have emailed my agent but I have checked nomination refusal on immi account.Agent will open on monday

Edited by coolmittu
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, coolmittu said:

Rcb Approved

Visa applied april 2017

After 18 months of working in samr position and waiting ...my nomination got refused.Can anyone please advise can I re-apply nomination and tribunal both together.

I dont know the reason as they should have emailed my agent but I have checked nomination refusal on immi account.Agent will open on monday

Its sad news but you posted in wrong group bro. Its 186 group. Though hope you overcome the situation soon

On 01/09/2018 at 10:44, coolmittu said:

Rcb Approved

Visa applied april 2017

it depends on what kind of situation of your employer's business and the reasons why nomination got refused.  

I have a colleague who got his first 186 nomination refused because the employer's business is not running big enough to hire oversea workers, but immediately the MA changed the application subclass and asked for a 457 nomination for him. This time a different case officer handled it and he finally got the 457 visa approved. 

Wish you luck bro. 

Perhaps someone could share their experience; 

Once, requested documents are sent back to the CO - what is the typical turnaround time (how long till they review them and continue with the application). I understand there is no exact answer to this - just looking for people's timelines from personal experiences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Perhaps someone could share their experience; 

Once, requested documents are sent back to the CO - what is the typical turnaround time (how long till they review them and continue with the application). I understand there is no exact answer to this - just looking for people's timelines from personal experiences. 

First time they requested docs, they got back to us after 6 weeks.

Second time they requested docs... it was May 14th... and still waiting! But they requested form 80, I heard it could take a while to process that if they need to investigate more!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 123stella said:

First time they requested docs, they got back to us after 6 weeks.

Second time they requested docs... it was May 14th... and still waiting! But they requested form 80, I heard it could take a while to process that if they need to investigate more!

Thanks @123stella

Did you go through an MA or directly by yourselves? We had given them everything but they needed us to update the form 80 and do one other medical. 

11 hours ago, 123stella said:

Through MA.

What did they ask for the 2nd time? Documents related to something you had sent back, or something else from the initial application? 
I assumed that they asked for all documents, once off - unless, in the follow up documents there is something they need?

Once you have a CO and they request updated documents from you - typically, is you MA able to contact them directly on phone? Or only via email? 

Hi Hex
I applied in may 2017. When my CO first requested the docs on 19/10/17. We submitted on the day. The file opened again on 22/11/17. More docs requested and CO also called my employer. Submitted on 30/11/17. And no news since then. So no one can really predict the time they will be taking to re open the file. I called them 8-10 times almost every month since dec and the only answer I get is that your file is under processing. Just wondering what they have been processing on it since then[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. I have gone through the docs no. Of times that sometimes I feel like calling them and tell that if there is anything that you can’t understand on any doc then I can help you understand it in detail [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. All the figures are on tips now. God knows what’s taking so long.
Well we can only hope for the best!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Toryalis said:

Hei people... how about files from June 2017? Are we lost? Haven’t heard anything since, no news, no updates only my estimated time skyrocketing every month! Feeling so so frustrated! 

DE RESTAURANT MANAGER 186 nsw pese 

Lol, DE rest manager DEC 2016

yours will probably open in another 6-12months

Hi all, 

Silent spectator so far. Just want to update that my application was granted earlier today. Some info for the folks who are still waiting. Wish you guys all the best.

186 Direct Entry - 3 applicants (HR) - Software Engineer 

Applied: April 2017

Nomination approved: May 2018

Visa granted: 3 Sep

Cheers

RT

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RayT said:

Hi all, 

Silent spectator so far. Just want to update that my application was granted earlier today. Some info for the folks who are still waiting. Wish you guys all the best.

186 Direct Entry - 3 applicants (HR) - Software Engineer 

Applied: April 2017

Nomination approved: May 2018

Visa granted: 3 Sep

Cheers

RT

wow congratulations !!!really a good news for you.

Hope my visa would come very soon

On 31/08/2018 at 13:17, tzy123 said:

Sorry to bring in the bad news on a Friday but my nomination has just been refused.

Visa lodged 08/01/2018

HR TRT ICT Customer Support Officer

Nomination refused 31/08/2018, reason: position not geniune. 

@tzy123 Sorry to hear that mate ? Do you have any more information as how they decided the position was not genuine?  Like how did they come to that decision?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Hex said:

What did they ask for the 2nd time? Documents related to something you had sent back, or something else from the initial application? 
I assumed that they asked for all documents, once off - unless, in the follow up documents there is something they need?

First time they approved nomination and asked for a few docs. Second time... they must have forgotten something.. so they asked for it (form 80). I heard it can take a few months to process for 80... so I'm not too surprised of the long wait.