2 hours ago, amitbhatia said:

Hello All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum for many months now. I finally got the GOLDEN email from my MA.

My PR has been approved today. I have updated the spreadsheet as well. 

Decision ready app and nomination for Direct entry submitted on 16th March 2017 as ICT System Analyst for 2 people from HR country. I have been with my current employer for over 1 year.

PR granted today 31 July 2017. Good wishes to everyone waiting for approval. Thank you!

Congrats mate 

• Like 1

hi dear friends,

I lodged my 457 to 186 visa application in March of 2017 via the Temporary Residence stream, and at that time moment, the English requirement is a score of  5 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an IELTS test. The new policy after July is to require a score of at least 6 in each of the four areas. Im not sure the new policy ( like the English requirement) will impact my application or not. I got 7,7,5.5,6 in my IELTS test. Could anyone share your opinions or your experience? Thanks and appreciate your comments.

BR

LeiMing

20 minutes ago, LeiMing said:

hi dear friends,

I lodged my 457 to 186 visa application in March of 2017 via the Temporary Residence stream, and at that time moment, the English requirement is a score of  5 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an IELTS test. The new policy after July is to require a score of at least 6 in each of the four areas. Im not sure the new policy ( like the English requirement) will impact my application or not. I got 7,7,5.5,6 in my IELTS test. Could anyone share your opinions or your experience? Thanks and appreciate your comments.

BR

LeiMing

I think it will only be relevant for applications lodged after July 1st: http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/1-July-2017-changes.aspx

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LeiMing said:

hi dear friends,

BR

LeiMing

I am in the same situation as yours and I have got the confirmation form my MA agent that we wont be affected from the new rules. It will apply to any new application logged after July 1st.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dons_30032017 said:

I am in the same situation as yours and I have got the confirmation form my MA agent that we wont be affected from the new rules. It will apply to any new application logged after July 1st.

thanks, Dons.

The first post on here, think it might become my second port of call every day following my daily date with the immiaccount website!

Our timeline is as follows. Arrived in Oz on hubby's 457 visa in Feb 2015, and applied and nominated for 186 visa (transition pathway) both on 18th April 2017. 

Have just uploaded details on the spreadsheet, and noted it seems to average about 6 months+ for the application to be approved.

I think the worst part for us is the waiting, as you can't plan your life until you get the decision, and it's so difficult as that decision will impact on you for the rest of your life. So, I'm hoping that as I'm writing this post, the case officer, who will eventually be assigned to us, is just about to open our application. I can but dream!

Wish everyone on here well in the old waiting game!

How is everyone else coping with the waiting?

Edited by Melanie GW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Melanie GW said:

The first post on here, think it might become my second port of call every day following my daily date with the immiaccount website!

Our timeline is as follows. Arrived in Oz on hubby's 457 visa in Feb 2015, and applied and nominated for 186 visa (transition pathway) both on 18th April 2017. 

Have just uploaded details on the spreadsheet, and noted it seems to average about 6 months+ for the application to be approved.

I think the worst part for us is the waiting, as you can't plan your life until you get the decision, and it's so difficult as that decision will impact on you for the rest of your life. So, I'm hoping that as I'm writing this post, the case officer, who will eventually be assigned to us, is just about to open our application. I can but dream!

Hey @Melanie GW - Welcome and congrats on lodging your PR sponsorship! Sounds like your 457 journey was pretty smooth and now you have PR in your sight which is amazing and doesn't always happen for a lot of 457 holders. It took us 3 x 457's and 5 years before we could apply for PR due to redundancies but we go there and its an amazing feeling!

We got ours last year and were prepared for a long wait 6-9 months which they were saying but for some reason it took 3 months and 2 days from submission to approval - I have no idea why, maybe luck was on our side OR they picked up the wrong file - All i know is that feeling of PR granted is the best!

Stay strong!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melanie GW said:

Welcome to the waiting game. We all need to keep each other’s spirits up. I've been waiting since Dec 2016. Not as long as others. But the waiting is really starting to get to me. I've become addicted to this forum and my Immi account. Made the mistake of starting from the first page and found on page 17 some people getting granted within 11 weeks! Happy for them but I’m now bordering on the line of being bitter :( Poor me syndrome! Hate that. Anyway, best of luck with yours and keep us updated. I see some from March are approved so you never know you could be one of the lucky groups and have it granted real soon. Best of luck.

• Like 4

Hi im a member of this froup since dec 2015. I hhave been a silent reader for quite sometime. As its just making me crazy to think that its taking so long.. i have applied for nomination in december 15 2015 and my visa on mar 2016 i tried to call the immigration million times (just to exagerate) and i would always get the same respinse. My visa application in terms of documents needed etc does not have anything to do with it they said that its my nomination that hasnt been approve yet.  And they cant do so much as they are waiting for a third party to have it finalised. its been 19 months and counting. I hope that this will end soon. I hope that will have the sytem to prioritise all those applications pending as its true its affecting our lives... 

DE Cook

1 hour ago, Mrsoi said:

Hi im a member of this froup since dec 2015. I hhave been a silent reader for quite sometime. As its just making me crazy to think that its taking so long.. i have applied for nomination in december 15 2015 and my visa on mar 2016 i tried to call the immigration million times (just to exagerate) and i would always get the same respinse. My visa application in terms of documents needed etc does not have anything to do with it they said that its my nomination that hasnt been approve yet.  And they cant do so much as they are waiting for a third party to have it finalised. its been 19 months and counting. I hope that this will end soon. I hope that will have the sytem to prioritise all those applications pending as its true its affecting our lives... 

DE Cook

So sorry :( 

3 hours ago, Melanie GW said:

Congrats on submitting and good luck :)

Personally not coping well anymore with that wait to be frank especially since mid-January 2017 when I got transitioned through bridging visa.

4 hours ago, Melanie GW said:

I am preety much same like you just apply after one week from you guys

did you get the email from immi for allocated the CO and under which profession you applied

2 hours ago, AJSAJS said:

Welcome to the waiting game. We all need to keep each other’s spirits up. I've been waiting since Dec 2016. Not as long as others. But the waiting is really starting to get to me. I've become addicted to this forum and my Immi account. Made the mistake of starting from the first page and found on page 17 some people getting granted within 11 weeks! Happy for them but I’m now bordering on the line of being bitter :( Poor me syndrome! Hate that. Anyway, best of luck with yours and keep us updated. I see some from March are approved so you never know you could be one of the lucky groups and have it granted real soon. Best of luck.

Don't be too hard on yourself. 

At this stage, I really don't care what people say and if they need to be hypocritical about it to feel they live in a fair world.

I had enough examples around me to confidently say that this is a pretty poor, economically inefficient and unfair process. Period.

So allow yourself to feel frustrated, bitter or jealous if that helps :) Don't swallow your feelings, they are just emotions that need to get out.

As long as you are not hurting anybody, there is no reason to hurt yourself either.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sue ACT said:

hello everyone 

i got PR 4month ago,457to 186。my boss is going to sell the business , anyone know if i can leave my job?

thanks

Hey Sue,

If your 186 PR visa has been granted, then yes, you can leave your job and look for something else. For the visa application you had to have the intention of working in the position for two years, but there is nothing stopping you from leaving if circumstances change.

All the best!!

1 hour ago, jess6 said:

why do I feel like an unwanted burden on the economy every time I read an article like this?!......despite being a high bracket tax payer......and training Australian staff......

9 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

why do I feel like an unwanted burden on the economy every time I read an article like this?!......despite being a high bracket tax payer......and training Australian staff......

That's interesting feedback - I personally feel like a cash cow. 

12 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey Sue,

If your 186 PR visa has been granted, then yes, you can leave your job and look for something else. For the visa application you had to have the intention of working in the position for two years, but there is nothing stopping you from leaving if circumstances change.

All the best!!

hi jess 

thank you so much for the reply , yes i got 186PR 5 month ago 。so it means i can leave or my boss changed it wont affect my PR right ?

thanks