1 hour ago, CoolNick said:

I applied in end of april and waiting desperately 

Did you enter your info in the spreadsheet?

You are transition, right? Which occupation do you have? Are you Low Risk or High Risk Country? Are you alone or with other people on your application?

There are definitely some occupations and sectors who get prioritised for processing. So if you are a nurse, a doctor, an engineer, ICT security or anything quite in demand, you have higher chances to be approved quickly.

Otherwise, I would recommend to be patient. That's just a kind recommendation from someone who thought would be processed quickly and got stuck :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jess6 said:

Did you enter your info in the spreadsheet?

You are transition, right? Which occupation do you have? Are you Low Risk or High Risk Country? Are you alone or with other people on your application?

There are definitely some occupations and sectors who get prioritised for processing. So if you are a nurse, a doctor, an engineer, ICT security or anything quite in demand, you have higher chances to be approved quickly.

Otherwise, I would recommend to be patient. That's just a kind recommendation from someone who thought would be processed quickly and got stuck :)

Myself only in automotive 

On ‎1‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:49, jess6 said:

Don't be too hard on yourself. 

At this stage, I really don't care what people say and if they need to be hypocritical about it to feel they live in a fair world.

I had enough examples around me to confidently say that this is a pretty poor, economically inefficient and unfair process. Period.

So allow yourself to feel frustrated, bitter or jealous if that helps :) Don't swallow your feelings, they are just emotions that need to get out.

As long as you are not hurting anybody, there is no reason to hurt yourself either.

Awww @jess6 you're so lovely and i can see how much you are helping people on here with advice and support. If I had control over this, I would wait a few more months so that you would get yours granted first. You have been waiting so long and you're continually supportive and kind. When you do get yours granted you must post straight away because it will brighten a lot of peoples day on this Forum. Best of luck again. :) 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mathildeoz said:

Does anyone know what means lr/ hr in the tracking excel file?

This means Low risk or High Risk country

I cannot find the official link but here there is a list stating:  

"Current list as of March 2017 of countries considered low risk are:

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong (SAR of China)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Monaco
Norway
Portugal
Republic of San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
The Netherlands
United Kingdom—British Citizen
United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
United States
Vatican City."

Finally today we have been approved for our nomination which was applied on February 7th, 2017. ENS 186, DE, with an occupation of General Fitter.

I wish all of you all the luck and that your gold day comes fast.

We will apply for the visa next week. My question is how long will the visa process normally take to be granted?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJSAJS said:

Awww @jess6 you're so lovely and i can see how much you are helping people on here with advice and support. If I had control over this, I would wait a few more months so that you would get yours granted first. You have been waiting so long and you're continually supportive and kind. When you do get yours granted you must post straight away because it will brighten a lot of peoples day on this Forum. Best of luck again. :) 

Thanks for your kind words :) I do not want anybody to wait longer though hehe :)

I think overall the process should not last more than 6 months and if some cases are more complex, they should give a feedback and a deadline for the decision.

I find it amazingly crazy that they let people hang around in limbo. 

• Like 1

Just now, MGB said:

Finally today we have been approved for our nomination which was applied on February 7th, 2017. ENS 186, DE, with an occupation of General Fitter.

I wish all of you all the luck and that your gold day comes fast.

We will apply for the visa next week. My question is how long will the visa process normally take to be granted?

Congrats - It depends but it could be super fast! :)

I found an article from 2013 which is quite interesting  - not new - but interesting. 

https://www.visaaustralia.com.au/immigration-news/assigned-case-officer-visa-application/

Quoting:

"When a case officer (CO) is assigned they will then review the file and assess it against immigration policy for the visa subclass applied for.

At this point the case officer will either grant the visa or request further information in support of the application so they are satisfied the applicant meets policy.

Further requests can include health, character, further employment evidence or clarification on any other points the case officer is not clear on. If you are requested further information then it’s important to provide the requested documents in a timely manner and you are normally given 28 days. When the documents are returned the case officer will genuinely have a pile of applications that are awaiting further documents and will be working through that pile in receipt order. So the longer you take to send the document in the longer it will take for a decision to be made. The same process explained here will apply to any further requests the case officer may make as the case officer may have further queries form the documents provided.

Once the case officer has everything to make a decision they will normally grant the visa within a few days. However the time taken for the case officer to review the file once assigned or granting of the visa can depend on a number of factors such as their work load, their holidays, sick days, public holidays and in some cases Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) officers work job share so are only in the office 2, 3 or 4 days a week.

It is important to note there is no need to email or contact DIAC to make further enquiries as this only delays the process further. The more time taken replying to enquiries means less time for working on files. We would only advise contacting the CO in emergencies or the case officer is taking an extended period of time to grant the visa once all documents have been provided. DIAC also strongly advise you not make any adverse decisions until a visa has been granted. So no booking flights, quitting jobs, removing children from school, selling property until the visa has been approved as nothing is ever 100% guaranteed."

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sansha said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late update - we had our CO assigned on July 26th. CO requested for a few additional documents (A couple of declaration forms, letter from employer confirming that the job promotion doesn't change the job role significantly etc.). The best part is, I followed @jess6 's advice and applied for our new AFP couple days before the CO was assigned as the old ones had expired and guess what? CO did ask for it and we had it ready to go (best feeling ever! Ha Ha).

So, anyway, fingers crossed and waiting for a positive outcome now.

Guys who've received your PR recently-  how long did it take for the CO to give an outcome?

Thanks,

Sansha

One question I am curious about - sorry if you already mentioned it - Did your medicals expire and did they ask you to renew them?

My medicals are expired and I am more happy to re-do them but I need them to ask.

I wish they'd give me a feedback or something especially before next week because I am flying home for two weeks and I am a bit anxious to be contacted while overseas.

Clearly I won't be able to travel with my whole life documentation... That's what is so stressful about being on Bridging Visa.

39 minutes ago, GV1991 said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what defines a HR or LR country? What category is Indonesia in?

G

Hey GV1991,

countries are judged by DIBP as high risk or low risk for their own reasons, low risks countries are those on the list provided by Jess6 below; unfortunately Indonesia is judged as high risk...

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but hope this helps!!

3 hours ago, jess6 said:

This means Low risk or High Risk country

I cannot find the official link but here there is a list stating:  

"Current list as of March 2017 of countries considered low risk are:

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong (SAR of China)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Monaco
Norway
Portugal
Republic of San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
The Netherlands
United Kingdom—British Citizen
United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
United States
Vatican City."

To be honest, it does not look like HR or LR make a big difference in how fast the files are being allocated.

I can understand that it does not feel good to be categorised as "High Risk" but it is not something personal.

Nations have various bilateral aggreements based on their values and relationships.

It is impossible to know the exact details but as an example France (EU country) and Canada have access to the 417 Working Holiday Visa and Spain (EU country) and the USA have access to the 462 Work and Holiday Visa. The 462 visa has more requirements than the 417.

Why is it like that? No idea.

• Like 1

Guest Khushi02aug
23 hours ago, Mathildeoz said:

Does anyone know what means lr/ hr in the tracking excel file?

When I talked to my agent about it he sent me this.Hope it helps:

If your country is a high risk country then it’s nothing to be offended about. The factors which make your country of origin a low or high risk country are not really understood either.

As the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) Visa list is utilised It’s been suggested that high risk countries are those whose citizens have an historic high rate of visa over staying in Australia, whilst low risk countries are those countries whose citizens are good boys and girls and normally leave before their visas have expired.

If your country falls into the high risk category then additional checks will be undertaken prior to your visa being approved and different service levels are applied by the department for the time to process your application.

21 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey GV1991,

countries are judged by DIBP as high risk or low risk for their own reasons, low risks countries are those on the list provided by Jess6 below; unfortunately Indonesia is judged as high risk...

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but hope this helps!!

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 19:03, jess6 said:

One question I am curious about - sorry if you already mentioned it - Did your medicals expire and did they ask you to renew them?

My medicals are expired and I am more happy to re-do them but I need them to ask.

I wish they'd give me a feedback or something especially before next week because I am flying home for two weeks and I am a bit anxious to be contacted while overseas.

Clearly I won't be able to travel with my whole life documentation... That's what is so stressful about being on Bridging Visa.

Hi jess6,

CO didn't ask for our medicals. We submitted it decision ready in May 2016 and I think medicals were done in March/April 16 so they would've expired by now? They only asked for AFP which I was ready with, looks like it's one of those cases where they consider expired medicals as the delay was on their end.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sansha said:

Hi jess6,

CO didn't ask for our medicals. We submitted it decision ready in May 2016 and I think medicals were done in March/April 16 so they would've expired by now? They only asked for AFP which I was ready with, looks like it's one of those cases where they consider expired medicals as the delay was on their end.

Thanks Sansha :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have read this today: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/visa-reform/policy-consultation-paper

It is probably a good way to give constructive feedback about the process - especially for those like us who are experiencing it.

My partner is Australian and he will give a feedback too because the process really impacted him, us as a couple and our ability to live our lives.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Praveen Reddy said:

What's happening with immi?
Only a week short of completing an year now but no response yet. I think I am the only person waiting this long for 186 being a Software Engineer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry Praveen, you have no reason to worry! I'm sure you're gonna get it very soon! :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Praveen Reddy said:

What's happening with immi?
Only a week short of completing an year now but no response yet. I think I am the only person waiting this long for 186 being a Software Engineer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to echo a response on here earlier; like everyone here, I really can't wait to get a decision on my application PR....but would gladly delay it by months to get results for @jess6 and @Praveen Reddy; you guys are always there with a response, and the first to congratulate...I hope you get that golden email very very soon; I'm only waiting since April, and cant imagine what waiting that long would do to me....hopefully I don't find out.

• Like 3

Waiting from May 2016 only one week left for 457 visa
Really disappointed today. Oh god help us
My friend says I should go for another option for safe side
I'm really stress spending 4 years 0n 457 visa I still don't know what would be future of my family. As kids are going in school. But still not satisfied what I'm doing
We are living in dark and don't know the way

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz