Guest bradfords
16 hours ago, Heena12 said:

I already applied 186trt. I am on 457 more than three years experience in Australia and done all study here. But I am bit nervous about this. I just want to do in case any problem. One of my friend's friend did not have any interview. Why I have to I am already working. 

I'm direct entry so I had to do the lot. I would advise you to seek professional advise so you know how the new rules effect you. Good luck 

Hi All

I applied for DES 186 on the 06/12/2016 Project Manager. It’s now 8 months in and have no word from Immigration and I am constantly chasing my MA for any form of communication. Their response is always the same generic email copied from Immigration and states they are now up to April 2016 to March 2017? This timeline makes zero sense to me. I am assuming the April 2016 group are ones where extra info is required and the candidates have not yet submitted???? Who knows. I wouldn’t be in such a rush in normal circumstances but I am currently on a secondment role and it is due to finish up in September. There have been lots of redundancies and officially I do not have a role, so if my PR is not granted by September I will be made redundant and my PR application will be void. Reading up on here and using the spreadsheet has given me some hope and some concerns. It’s good to know that there are people who fully understand how frustrating and worrying this whole process can be. Good luck to you all and I will make the effort to update the spreadsheet as and when I get approved. Best of Luck. AJS

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJSAJS said:

Hi All

I applied for DES 186 on the 06/12/2016 Project Manager. It’s now 8 months in and have no word from Immigration and I am constantly chasing my MA for any form of communication. Their response is always the same generic email copied from Immigration and states they are now up to April 2016 to March 2017? This timeline makes zero sense to me. I am assuming the April 2016 group are ones where extra info is required and the candidates have not yet submitted???? Who knows. I wouldn’t be in such a rush in normal circumstances but I am currently on a secondment role and it is due to finish up in September. There have been lots of redundancies and officially I do not have a role, so if my PR is not granted by September I will be made redundant and my PR application will be void. Reading up on here and using the spreadsheet has given me some hope and some concerns. It’s good to know that there are people who fully understand how frustrating and worrying this whole process can be. Good luck to you all and I will make the effort to update the spreadsheet as and when I get approved. Best of Luck. AJS

How can they sponsor you for DE if the job is only available for a specific period of time? One of the conditions of the DE 186 visa is that your job must be available at least 2 years after your PR is granted. 

1 hour ago, AJSAJS said:

Hi All

I wish you the best of luck. 

It is unlikely that April files are incomplete.

I am from June, my application was apparently easy, got submitted "decision ready" and they just opened my file last week.

No word from them yet. I thought they would reach out for medicals renew but no, nothing.

I am travelling to Europe to see my family in two weeks - and I am on a bridging visa so this is quite a stressful situation - I hope they won't ask for more docs while I am there...

No idea why they do not process certain files. We all went though this here on that forum...

Edited by jess6

22 minutes ago, Yvi said:

How can they sponsor you for DE if the job is only available for a specific period of time? One of the conditions of the DE 186 visa is that your job must be available at least 2 years after your PR is granted. 

My Permenent role (the one which I was sponsored under) was made redundant so in order to stay on so i could await my PR they seconded me in to a temp role with their sister company. As i am on the DE scheme I cannot apply for a role with the Sister company, I can only apply with the main company and as i say they are making lots of redundancies and there is no role for me. They did supply the 2 year letter but current climate dictates cuts in staff so it makes no difference. They are not obligated to keep me on just because they supplied that letter. Very worrying.

29 minutes ago, jess6 said:

I wish you the best of luck. 

It is unlikely that April files are incomplete.

I am from June, my application was apparently easy, got submitted "decision ready" and they just opened my file last week.

No word from them yet. I thought they would reach out for medicals renew but no, nothing.

I am travelling to Europe to see my family in two weeks - and I am on a bridging visa so this is quite a stressful situation - I hope they won't ask for more docs while I am there...

No idea why they do not process certain files. We all went though this here on that forum...

What visa are you currently on? I am on 457 which expires in November and was told that I can freely Travel until the 457 expires. Or has your briging visa already kicked in? Enjoy your trip home, try not to worry too much. If they have opened your file you will have news in the next week or so. Best of luck.

• Like 1

What visa are you currently on? I am on 457 which expires in November and was told that I can freely Travel until the 457 expires. Or has your briging visa already kicked in? Enjoy your trip home, try not to worry too much. If they have opened your file you will have news in the next week or so. Best of luck.

You can freely travel until your 457 expires indeed :)

I am currently on bridging visa B until mid September. I was on Bridging visa a before (since January when my 457 expired).

Thanks for the kind words - MA will follow up on Monday - hope to see them process it quickly now. I just want peace of mind like most of us!

Have a nice weekend!

My Permenent role (the one which I was sponsored under) was made redundant so in order to stay on so i could await my PR they seconded me in to a temp role with their sister company. As i am on the DE scheme I cannot apply for a role with the Sister company, I can only apply with the main company and as i say they are making lots of redundancies and there is no role for me. They did supply the 2 year letter but current climate dictates cuts in staff so it makes no difference. They are not obligated to keep me on just because they supplied that letter. Very worrying.

You may want to check everything with your migration agent. 

8 hours ago, AJSAJS said:

If the role you have been sponsored for no longer exists, your employer should withdraw the nomination or update it (if this is possible, it may depend on the organisational structure of the business) to relate to the new position.  You have very little chance of your nomination and visa being approved by September if your application was only submitted in December.  Most applications seem to be taking approximately 12 months or longer.

1 hour ago, CoolNick said:

What about who apply after march 2017 but before july 2017

is any info

You will find the official timelines here: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

As mentioned above, the official communication is: they are processing May 2016 to March 2017. Send an email to this address if you want to check by yourself nsw.pse@border.gov.au . They always send an automatic answer with the official timeframes.

This spreasheet also gives an indication - however keep in mind that we can only see a small percentage of applications there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1244798606

I am not sure if you applied through Transition or Direct Entry and what your occupation or company are.

If your role is not specifically vital to Australia (i.e. Nurse, Education, ICT security etc.) there are little to no chances that your file would get approved before the official timelines.

597c1323aadab_Capturedecran2017-07-29a14_45_55.png.a007f4627377c32e43763549fdb3c0a3.png

Edited by jess6

9 minutes ago, jess6 said:

You will find the official timelines here: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

As mentioned above, the official communication is: they are processing May 2016 to March 2017. Send an email to this address if you want to check by yourself nsw.pse@border.gov.au . They always send an automatic answer with the official timeframes.

This spreasheet also gives an indication - however keep in mind that we can only see a small percentage of applications there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1244798606

I am not sure if you applied through Transition or Direct Entry and what your occupation or company are.

If your role is not specifically vital to Australia (i.e. Nurse, Education, ICT security etc.) there are little to no chances that your file would get approved before the official timelines.

597c1323aadab_Capturedecran2017-07-29a14_45_55.png.a007f4627377c32e43763549fdb3c0a3.png

ENS after 457 visa

is it direct entry or transition stream

Hello All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum for many months now. I finally got the GOLDEN email from my MA.

My PR has been approved today. I have updated the spreadsheet as well. 

Decision ready app and nomination for Direct entry submitted on 16th March 2017 as ICT System Analyst for 2 people from HR country. I have been with my current employer for over 1 year.

PR granted today 31 July 2017. Good wishes to everyone waiting for approval. Thank you!

• Like 5

Hello All,
I have been a silent follower of this forum for many months now. I finally got the GOLDEN email from my MA.
My PR has been approved today. I have updated the spreadsheet as well. 
Decision ready app and nomination for Direct entry submitted on 16th March 2017 as ICT System Analyst for 2 people from HR country. I have been with my current employer for over 1 year.
PR granted today 31 July 2017. Good wishes to everyone waiting for approval. Thank you!

Congratulations for your quick approval being a DE applicant [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2