Hi everyone ! 

It’s been a wonderful day for me. I got a phone call from my Agency saying that my 186 visa is granted today. I’ve been a silent reader and check this forum every single day for the last few months. I know that we all have to go through a tough time here with visas. What I am trying to say is that we have to keep faith and keep moving. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Wish you all best of luck!

application and nomination lodged: 13/12/2018

Nomination approval: 3/6/2019

visa granted: 24/6/2019

• Congratulations 14

Hey guys. I have applied in March. Last week the immi called me asking for AFP and today, the business was asked to provide: updated Business Activity Statement of the last quarter as well as an Accountant Letter and the turnover expected for July 2019. Are those bad signs? 😬😬😬

State: QLD
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
Nomination & visa  applied: 13 Nov 2018

Nomination approved : 13 June 2019 

Request for my Partner Police check  which we submitted yesterday : 24 June 2019

Last Update shows : 24 June 2019 
IMMI Status: Further assessment

Edited by sahil pfs

11 hours ago, Linhtran said:

Hi everyone ! 

It’s been a wonderful day for me. I got a phone call from my Agency saying that my 186 visa is granted today. I’ve been a silent reader and check this forum every single day for the last few months. I know that we all have to go through a tough time here with visas. What I am trying to say is that we have to keep faith and keep moving. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Wish you all best of luck!

Glad to see someone gets his Visa granted,  haven't seen so long grants that I begun to worry, congratulations 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Linhtran said:

Hi everyone ! 

Hi @Linhtran

Did they request more documents after the nomination was approved or you had submitted everything back in December?

Hi All, 

Just an update: (its been a while since my last one)

• 25 May 2019 S56: Request for additional docs
    • NZ Police Clearances
    • Passport Renewal for my youngest daughter (from RSA)
    • Application Status = Initial Assessment
  • 25 June 2019 - Uploaded all the required docs - Agent clicked the button to register all required documents have been uploaded
    • @Hex, mate, its a very long story but we managed to expedite and get a passport scan before the transit back to Canberra. 
  • 25 June 2019 - Application Status = Further Assessment

Guess we are very fortunate that we managed to gather the docs within the 28days (+ 2), so its back in Immi's hands and Team 12 before the revisit cycle.

Edited by leezo77
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 23:52, Dhakalbinod said:

Hi Antonie i am also in same situation  visa request documents submitted 3 jun 2019 but still no news visa and nominations applied 29jun 2018

Im so embarrassed right now. Dont know how long will take more, killing me day by day 

• Confused 1

Hey Guys,

One general question:

Do you guys think that the number of approved visas has been slow down do to an after elections situation or because of the end of financial year?

Basically, 2 months ago every day we saw in the forum at least 2-4 visas approved. Nowadays, we can see only 2-4 but per week.

What are your thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Alcar said:

Hey Guys,

One general question:

Do you guys think that the number of approved visas has been slow down do to an after elections situation or because of the end of financial year?

Basically, 2 months ago every day we saw in the forum at least 2-4 visas approved. Nowadays, we can see only 2-4 but per week.

What are your thoughts?

I think they slow down because of EOFY (end of financial year) 

Hi all,

Question here, my husband got a job at KPMG which is one of Australian accredited companies... I asked my migration agent to add his updated resume to our application as I think that this would help our case.

They informed me that this wouldn't help at all our process, but I recall sending his resume when we applied.

Does anyone know if this could help?

Thank you 🙂

4 hours ago, Dimitrios said:

Glad to see someone gets his Visa granted,  haven't seen so long grants that I begun to worry, congratulations 

Thank you very much. I am so happy at the moment and still can’t believe it. I hope you all best of luck and you’ll hear good news soon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AndreaG said:

Hi @Linhtran

Did they request more documents after the nomination was approved or you had submitted everything back in December?

Hi AndreaG. Yes, they did ask for updates of the business documentation after 4 months I apply for my visa and nomination and we submitted it shortly. After nomination approval, they didn’t ask for anything after because I already provided everything when I lodged in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Linhtran said:

Hi everyone ! 

Congratulation for such amazing news annd for the feedback. 

47 minutes ago, tuti said:

Hi all,

Question here, my husband got a job at KPMG which is one of Australian accredited companies... I asked my migration agent to add his updated resume to our application as I think that this would help our case.

They informed me that this wouldn't help at all our process, but I recall sending his resume when we applied.

Does anyone know if this could help?

Thank you 🙂

I trust any information that you provide is usually helpful to any application. They are many things to consider when they make these decisions e.g. level of education of the other spouse, what value they will bring to the country etc. if you have anything that you feel can add value then it will worthwhile including it.

15 hours ago, furbibi said:

Hey guys. I have applied in March. Last week the immi called me asking for AFP and today, the business was asked to provide: updated Business Activity Statement of the last quarter as well as an Accountant Letter and the turnover expected for July 2019. Are those bad signs? 😬😬😬

Actually it is a good sign it means someone has opened your file and realised that their crucial documents that they want you to provide in order to progress your application. My advise is make sure that your agent/business submits those documents so that they are inline with initial financials as you stated in your application.

26 minutes ago, Ayudante said:

I trust any information that you provide is usually helpful to any application. They are many things to consider when they make these decisions e.g. level of education of the other spouse, what value they will bring to the country etc. if you have anything that you feel can add value then it will worthwhile including it.

Yes, I agree... those agents just really annoys me 😩

On 20/06/2019 at 10:00, Wtara said:

So frustrating to wait ,can see others get approval after short period, even we have updated all documents up to date.it seems  cook applications are not very concerned.is there anyway of checking or fast track the application ....

I think is it important to look at this issue from a different perspective. When you do budget for your house they are things that are important to have like food, water, electricity etc. Every week you try and make sure that you buy them first and when you have extra change then you buy other things like chocolate etc. It is similar with immigration their times when certain skills become crucial and they would process applications for those first and their times when chocolate will become a priority as well when you craving and applications for those are processed. Be patient with time your application will be reviewed and you will get feedback.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 21:18, Mick1983 said:

Hi guys I need a suggestion from you all as I am waiting for so long for my 186 visa almost 22 months for cook occupation .I am thinking to apply for 190 visa as a chef .My point is 75.

do you thing it’s a good decision or I should wait for the visa outcome?They didn’t touch my file not even nomination is approved  I spent almost $10000 for my ens application including migration agent fee.This waiting is killing me day by day.

If I withdraw my 186 application am I eligible to get the refund?

I am sure you have received plenty of advise on this one. The one crucial element you want to remember in all this is genuineness. If you start shifting visas it will show that you more than willing to gain visa at all costs, which can come and haunt you genuineness and also with different applications comes the danger of conflicting information.

On 18/06/2019 at 21:48, Mick1983 said:

Hi guys I need a suggestion from you all as I am waiting for so long for my 186 visa almost 22 months for cook occupation .I am thinking to apply for 190 visa as a chef .My point is 75.

do you thing it’s a good decision or I should wait for the visa outcome?They didn’t touch my file not even nomination is approved  I spent almost $10000 for my ens application including migration agent fee.This waiting is killing me day by day.

If I withdraw my 186 application am I eligible to get the refund?

I think someone else on here made a complaint to Immigration? I would explore that option first. They say not to contact within processing times which you have exceeded by a year now so I think it would be fair. Good luck!! 

No there is no refund

Hello guys. 

I want to share my experience.

I was requested to submit my "State based Brazilian police clearances & the translated versions". Then, I questioned my MA if that was the same one that I had provided before, or if it was one specific from the state that I used to live in Brazil. She was a bit lost but she found the answer.

For Brazilian citizens, during the application, we have to provide two Police Clearances from Brazil. A Federal one (Issued by the Federal Court) and another one from State Court. This is because those police clearance is going to provide you with civil and criminal records. The one that is provided by the Federal police is only related to Police records.

Sorry for the long message. However, I believe it might be useful for some of us, and also for those who are applying for themselves.

================================================================================================

You must provide police clearances from Brazil if you are:

• a Brazilian national;
  • a current or former temporary or permanent resident of Brazil; or
  • a non-citizen currently residing or have resided in Brazil as a holder of a visitor (tourist) visa.

The table below shows the police clearances that you are required to provide depending on your resident status in Brazil.  (You might be required to provide more than one police clearance.)

Police Clearance Required

Resident status in Brazil

Justice Federal

State Justice Department

Brazilian Federal Police

Brazilian Citizens (including dual nationals)

YES

YES

-

Non-citizens - current or former permanent residents

YES

YES

-

Non-citizens - current or former temporary residents

YES

YES

-

Non-citizens - who reside or have resided in Brazil as holders of visitor (tourist) visas

-

-

YES

Obtaining police certificates

Police certificate issued by the Federal Justice (Justiça Federal)

Name of Certificate - 'Certidao Negativa' or 'Certidao de Distribuçao'

This covers the civil and criminal court and is available online in most states at http://www.cjf.jus.br/cjf/certidao-negativa.(applicant must use Mozilla Firefox navigator when accessing site**) This clearance also identifies crimes which are recorded on the Federal Police system. This clearance should be obtained for each state where you have resided for a cumulative period of 12 months or longer in the last 10 years since reaching the age of 16 years.

• ** Note: This link/site may not be available when accessed in Australia. If you are having difficulty applying online while in Australia, you will need someone in Brazil (via a third person by 'power of attorney' or a family member or friend) to access this website and obtain the certificate on your behalf.
  • You can apply online for a Federal Justice clearance by providing your full name and your CPF number (Brazilian taxation number). There is no fee payable for this service. The online process is quick and the certificate is issued instantly.
  • If you are unable to obtain the clearance online, you may need to apply in-person or via a third person by 'power of attorney' to the nearest office of the Justice Federal in your state. Processing time will vary depending on the state.

Police certificate issued by the Brazilian Federal Police

Name of Certificate - 'Certidao de Antecedentes Criminais'

You can only obtain the Brazilian Federal Police clearance if:

• you are currently residing in Brazil as a holder of a visitor (tourist) visa and have resided in Brazil for a cumulative period of 12 months or longer in the last 10 years since reaching the age of 16 years; or
  • you have resided in Brazil as a holder of visitor (tourist) visa for a cumulative period of 12 months or longer in the last 10 years since reaching the age of 16 years.

Note: In all cases, police certificates must also be professionally translated into English by a certified translator.

• Like 1