Hi all, just after some idea of current timeframes and any patterns being noticed in terms of outcome after further docs provided.

Visa type: 186 DE onshore - currently on Short term 457

Country risk: Main Applicant - UK with UK partner

Number of Applicants: 2

Nomination and visa application submitted:  20 May 2018

Nomination Approved: 20 March 2019

Further Docs requested: May 20, 2019 - Form 80, AU police checks and a statement from my partner due to an old caution. Also wanted to see more work experience evidence despite successful skills assessment. provided by deadline of 20th April 19

Immi Status: Still showing as Received despite communication requesting further information. And despite MA notifying of nomination approved

I guess the thing I'm confused by is the status still showing as Received despite the nomination approved and further info request. My MA agent advised we'd probably hear back following submission of docs very quickly. No news yet however on my immi account it shows most recent update is 16th May 2019. But no change anywhere or anything in the messages. 

Seems odd. 

If it was rejected for any reason would you still receive some sort of formal notification on the account? 

Edited by TooGoodToBeTrue

I’m feeling that nowadays nominations are generally approved extremely fast (eg. in 3 days), however more people are waiting for their visa after nomination approval for a longer period of time.

Do you guys see the same? What do you think?

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:17, Fung said:

How did you know the time so precisely? 😲

Can I know in which state your application was processed?

The time that I received the email as I applied by myself. The application was processed in NSW.

20 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

The time that I received the email as I applied by myself. The application was processed in NSW.

Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing.

I see your nomination was approved on 13th March and your visa was approved 9 weeks after that on 14th May.

Were there any documents requested for your visa application after nomination approval?

We applied on the 18th of February 2019

nothing yet 

no email no news

we sent them a decision ready application with all the possible info that they may need 

I don’t know if it is because our application is for customers service manager and as far as I know they look very close to this kind of position 

only thing positive it that I just apply for Medicare and I received it this morning 

i am super stressed I just hope we will receive some news soon 

8 minutes ago, Sere said:

nothing yet 

no email no news

we sent them a decision ready application with all the possible info that they may need 

I don’t know if it is because our application is for customers service manager and as far as I know they look very close to this kind of position 

only thing positive it that I just apply for Medicare and I received it this morning 

@Sere Don't let then other applications that are getting approved confuse or worry you. 

- You are still well within the waiting period and would need to sit tight and wait. 

Holding thumbs that it comes through soon for you guys. 

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Sere Don't let then other applications that are getting approved confuse or worry you. 

- You are still well within the waiting period and would need to sit tight and wait. 

Holding thumbs that it comes through soon for you guys. 

Thanks a lot 

I just keep seeing a lot of people that apply early 2019(January and February)and they already had their visa even if they need to supply further documents and instead we didn’t receive anything yet..it is frustrating 

Just now, Sere said:

Thanks a lot 

I just keep seeing a lot of people that apply early 2019(January and February)and they already had their visa even if they need to supply further documents and instead we didn’t receive anything yet..it is frustrating 

@Sere I can understand the frustration, just imagine all those people waiting for 2+ years already. 

Hold on, it'll come! 🙂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sere said:

nothing yet 

no email no news

We are at the same situations. We have applied on 20th Feb 2019 and except receiving that famous email on 4th April, nothing happened to our applications.

11 minutes ago, RyanReid said:

Hey guys,

Curiosity is getting the better of me today....

Does anyone have any idea how the results of the election may impact our chances of getting our PR visas? 

Was there a party which was more favourable to us? 

Hi Ryan,

Scott Morrision will cap permanent migration at 160,000 for the next four years.  To be honest, this will not have too much of an affect as 160,000 was consistent with the intake over the past 12 months. Australia accepted 162,417 permanent migrants in the past year.

1 minute ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi Ryan,

Scott Morrision will cap permanent migration at 160,000 for the next four years.  To be honest, this will not have too much of an affect as 160,000 was consistent with the intake over the past 12 months. Australia accepted 162,417 permanent migrants in the past year.

Thank you 🙂

45 minutes ago, Sere said:

nothing yet 

no email no news

Hi Sere,

we are the same occupancy. I applied in March last year and got my nomination approved on May this year. 

Dont be stress and keep your hope, and we will have the golden emails eventually.

Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2019 at 13:26, TA87 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if the VEVO app visa status changes (bridging visa) when your get your PR visa granted? Does your visa grant number and reference number change or does it stay the same as the bridging visa?

Thanks

Does anyone know how VEVO app will reflect after PR granted?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbasin said:

Does anyone know how VEVO app will reflect after PR granted?

What is VEVO app and how does one get this?
Can you still access this if using a MA?

Thanks (apologies on silly questions if straight forward)

Edited by slacey84

4 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Once you put in the new details will reflect you are a resident on VEVO 

Thank you for replying.

so I still need to manually put my PR visa number on it? 

I thought once PR is issued, the status of 457 visa will be changed to invalid.

7 minutes ago, bigbasin said:

Thank you for replying.

In VEVO you enter your basic info (name, date of birth, passport #, country of passport) and it will tell you what visa you currently hold.  So if you hold a 457 and apply for a 186, VEVO will reflect the visa you hold today (if your PR has been granted, then it would show 186 instead of 457).

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fung said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing.

I see your nomination was approved on 13th March and your visa was approved 9 weeks after that on 14th May.

Were there any documents requested for your visa application after nomination approval?

Yes they requested skills assessment, experience evidence, PTE results and birth certificates for my children on 26 March submitted all on 27 March. Apart from birth certificates all the other documents were provided with the original application but requested again for a second time. To be noticed that the visa was finalised not by the same CO that requested the documents on the 26. Hope this helps. 

17 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

In VEVO you enter your basic info (name, date of birth, passport #, country of passport) and it will tell you what visa you currently hold.  So if you hold a 457 and apply for a 186, VEVO will reflect the visa you hold today (if your PR has been granted, then it would show 186 instead of 457).

Thank you for the answer.

I just paid VAC2 invoice which was requested by CO, not sure how long should I still wait.

27 minutes ago, bigbasin said:

Thank you for replying.

When you are logging in to check your status on VEVO.

Document type - Passport 

Reference type: Choose one of the following Transaction Reference Number (TRN) Visa Evidence Number, Visa Grant Number  (This will be of your PR application)

Date of birth

Document number - Passport Number

Country of document

Then will give the status of your visa - eg Resident.

• Thanks 2

So we have today had a case officer allocated and received a request for further information for both nomination and visa!!!

The million dollar question that everyone wants to know - how long after we send off all outstanding info are we likely to receive our visa??? 🙂