1 minute ago, Hex said:

@ajk 
I've asked this question many times and always got the same response; 

The processing times affect visa's regardless of lodgment date. Meaning the processing time for your (and anyone else's) visa's are what the current processing times state.

- With saying that, the MA would also say this is something to take on board (expect worse and hope for best). 

Thanks @Hex 

1 hour ago, Bellabonkers said:

Rain - yuck! Where abouts are you? 

I’m in the medical Center sitting next to a man wearing so much aftershave it’s making me feel sick...

Also so excited to hand over another $800.00 😂🤣

Melbourne! Haha..missing the sunny state!!! Ewww, good luck with that!! haha.. hope you are doing OK.

18 hours ago, Hex said:

@Jay kim
One of a few things could have happened here;

- There is a message waiting for you (go to the "Messages" and check for any).
- The CO updated the application by providing some information (documents of sorts / bridging visas).
- A medical / similar was complete and an external party (BUPA) updated the application with the same (this should appear in the documentation section as well).
- A status change (which you already noted is not the case).
- Your MA updated the application with additional / updated documents (possibly a new PCC etc.)

I'm of the opinion that whenever a case is "updated", you should be able to see (by looking within the application itself) what the change was (90% of the time).

Hope that helps. 

Good post @Hex

Just to add to this. I recently completed my Medical. My IMMI account has been updated to reflect this and shows - "Health clearance provided – no action required".

However, this didn't alter my "Last Updated" date. So for me anyway it doesn't look like completed medicals effect that date.

For others wondering  - my medical timeline:

Medical Completed - Friday Morning.
IMMI Updated with results - Tuesday Morning.

1 hour ago, Bellabonkers said:

Oh shit that’s aimed at me! 

Sorry! 

We can delete my posts no problem!

Although there is no surname.

can I ask why the rule though? 

I think its just to stop members directly contacting other posters agents unsolicited.

23 minutes ago, vasia said:

Hi guys, does anyone know if we’re eligible for any payment from government once we have a baby, if we’re on 457 visa, but applied for 186 visa? I mean the same way as we can use Medicare. Thanks 

I have the same question and similar situation like yours. I applied TRT on 27 Feb, just 1 day before you and have no update yet. 

We are also expecting a baby due date 21 Dec. I had a big hope to get some news before the due date but looking to the current processing time, I m hopeless for Golden mail before Christmas. As per my research, if the baby is born before the visa grant, we don't get any benefits for the baby and baby will get the same visa like the parents.

I wish you good luck and let's keep on praying.

Hi

i have been waiting on an approval for a 186 TRT since 5 August 2017. The company nomination was approved in January 2018 and I was last asked for additional documents at the end of April 2018. Still no news!

The processing times just seem to keep increasing. Has anyone else been waiting this long?

5 minutes ago, Ryan_85 said:

Hi

i have been waiting on an approval for a 186 TRT since 5 August 2017. The company nomination was approved in January 2018 and I was last asked for additional documents at the end of April 2018. Still no news!

The processing times just seem to keep increasing. Has anyone else been waiting this long?

If you let us know more info like occupation and region will be good. Coz it depends on those things to be granted

16 minutes ago, ayus123 said:

I have the same question and similar situation like yours. I applied TRT on 27 Feb, just 1 day before you and have no update yet. 

We are also expecting a baby due date 21 Dec. I had a big hope to get some news before the due date but looking to the current processing time, I m hopeless for Golden mail before Christmas. As per my research, if the baby is born before the visa grant, we don't get any benefits for the baby and baby will get the same visa like the parents.

If baby is born in Au before PR is granted, the baby will get the active visa you are on, (and must advice the DHA to attach your child to the 186 visa application). No entitlements before PR for baby, unfortunately. But at least you may use your Interim Medicare card for the birth in a Public Hospital. All the best

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deh said:

Where did you get this from? Home Affairs website shows different on the 186 TRT webpage

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186

Look here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

Processing times exactly as @Hex posted.

They normally get updated every month.

Also the link you posted has the same processing times anyway. They are both the same.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

Look here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times
Processing times exactly as [mention=270802]Hex[/mention] posted.
They normally get updated every month.
Also the link you posted has the same processing times anyway. They are both the same.

My bad. My brain is so cooked that I completely misread his post. You are right, they are the same. Silly me.

1 hour ago, Nora said:

Thank you Nora for sharing this information. I had received the same answer from my MA. Yes, we do have an interim medicare and it is helping us to go to public birth centre. But we will not  be entitled for government assistance and paid parental leave. Another stress is to get the passport of the new born baby and add it to the visa application it might take time and need to travel with the baby.

I think there is no priority in any of this situation. We have to wait and see.

Looking to the approval rate of Feb applications, there is a tiny hope.

My situation, I am a doctor in alternative medicine, although my nominated position is " Complementary health therapist" which is STSOL and I am HR country. 

Nominated Position - Complementary health therapist

Nomination and Visa applied- 27 Feb 2018

Status- Received

7 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Oh shit that’s aimed at me! 

Sorry! 

We can delete my posts no problem!

Although there is no surname.

can I ask why the rule though? 

Standard rule on most forums - a case officer is just a government employee doing their job, and like any other employee of a company they deserve privacy. They don't make the rules, they can only do what tey are allowed to do, so making their identity public really isn't fair.

Agents are different, they are in business and want to market themselves, but public servants should not expect to see their names emblazoned across the internet for a decision made when they are only following the rules!

hope that helps

Electronic instrument trades worker (general)

State - NT

Country - UK

457 granted January 2015

Applied 186 TRT And nomination August 5 2017

Nomination approved February 2018

Request for more documents submitted April 30 2018

Visa application received 

2 hours ago, ayus123 said:

Yes, I am the same. Baby due date is 4 of January, and it would be such a great thing to get visa before, so he can become an Australian citizen. But I lost my hope already. Once he is born, will need to get a birth certificate and submit it to our application and pay for additional person of course (((

4 minutes ago, vasia said:

Yes, I am the same. Baby due date is 4 of January, and it would be such a great thing to get visa before, so he can become an Australian citizen. But I lost my hope already. Once he is born, will need to get a birth certificate and submit it to our application and pay for additional person of course (((

Adding to your information, there is no additional fee to add your baby to the application as per the instruction of my MA.

You just need a birth certificate, passport copy and health declare from your GP.

Good luck for you.  Let's hope for the positive outcome soon.

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Standard rule on most forums - a case officer is just a government employee doing their job, and like any other employee of a company they deserve privacy. They don't make the rules, they can only do what tey are allowed to do, so making their identity public really isn't fair.

Agents are different, they are in business and want to market themselves, but public servants should not expect to see their names emblazoned across the internet for a decision made when they are only following the rules!

hope that helps

Yes it does thanks- but FYI in my case I was being very positive and saying nice things! 

I would like to think it might have made my case officer smile should they have come across it haha. 

Anyway - slap on the wrist now I feel like a naughty kid being told off haha. 

Ps

my status changed to initial assessment as soon as I left medical Center and I expect it will change to further assessment once the results are in. 

Hoping all documents will be updated by next week. 

Happy Wednesday!!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

I expect it will change to further assessment once the results are in. 

Hoping all documents will be updated by next week. 

Happy Wednesday!!!!

@Bellabonkers This is good news - trust me 🙂

Also, don't be too sure on your status changing. I was in the exact same position (even after the medicals were uploaded). It then went directly to Finalized (granted). 

I have a sneaky suspicion your good news is close... 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 20:43, Hex said:

@Jay kim
One of a few things could have happened here;

- There is a message waiting for you (go to the "Messages" and check for any).
- The CO updated the application by providing some information (documents of sorts / bridging visas).
- A medical / similar was complete and an external party (BUPA) updated the application with the same (this should appear in the documentation section as well).
- A status change (which you already noted is not the case).
- Your MA updated the application with additional / updated documents (possibly a new PCC etc.)

I'm of the opinion that whenever a case is "updated", you should be able to see (by looking within the application itself) what the change was (90% of the time).

Hope that helps. 

Morning Hex,

I had the same thing this morning when i logged in my Immiaccount, but with no any new messages 😞

I hope that its a good thing.

blob.png.de9db77bf22e9ae092918f501dc9e71d.png

1 minute ago, Pinky117 said:

Morning Hex,

I had the same thing this morning when i logged in my Immiaccount, but with no any new messages 😞

I hope that its a good thing.

blob.png.de9db77bf22e9ae092918f501dc9e71d.png

Were there any new documents uploaded / updated on your account (either by you or your MA)? You can see this under your "uploaded files" section.

- Worst case scenario (if you really can't see what changed) you could call and ask your MA - they should be able to confirm. 

16 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Bellabonkers This is good news - trust me 🙂

Also, don't be too sure on your status changing. I was in the exact same position (even after the medicals were uploaded). It then went directly to Finalized (granted). 

I have a sneaky suspicion your good news is close... 

I hope your right!

That would just be the best news ever.

So did you have to upload your police certificate as well?