Dismal England reactions?

Pixie77

With Clause 24 of the Finance Act 2015 its a great time to return

Many homes coming on the market I would expect

2017 house fire sales

can't see a crashing market. Everything on the southern line is a bit slow. But can't see a slow down on the horizon. Not even with brexit.

can't see a crashing market. Everything on the southern line is a bit slow. But can't see a slow down on the horizon. Not even with brexit.

Don't know about down south and real estate , but I can only give an honest assessment of the west miss .i had to pick a set of keys up from a real estate agent on the outskirts of brum .

The housing market is very buoyant...multiple offers on properties.

Too much demand ...not enough supply ., and that will always be the case in relation to parts of the u.k

Don't know about down south and real estate , but I can only give an honest assessment of the west miss .i had to pick a set of keys up from a real estate agent on the outskirts of brum .

The housing market is very buoyant...multiple offers on properties.

Too much demand ...not enough supply ., and that will always be the case in relation to parts of the u.k

Given the impact starts this coming financial year 6 April 2017 and gradually increases over the next 3 to 4 years I think we will see a massive change.

Either increase in rents by 50% or massive sale off of the 2 million buy to lets being affected

Given the impact starts this coming financial year 6 April 2017 and gradually increases over the next 3 to 4 years I think we will see a massive change.

Either increase in rents by 50% or massive sale off of the 2 million buy to lets being affected

Whatever ....it is what it is

I doubt it, I certainly see no indication of that happening.

I doubt it, I certainly see no indication of that happening.

I would agree, still a major housing shortage in uk along with many on zero hour contracts making it difficult to obtain a morgage

Rents from area I lived ( north east Wales) have not gone up that much in last 4/5 years

unless wages increase significantly can't see them jumping by 50%

I would agree, still a major housing shortage in uk along with many on zero hour contracts making it difficult to obtain a morgage

Rents from area I lived ( north east Wales) have not gone up that much in last 4/5 years

unless wages increase significantly can't see them jumping by 50%

Zero hour contracts account for less than 3% of jobs in the country so their significance is often overstated. Your other points I largely agree with.

anything that controls the ridiculous rate of growth of the cost of UK housing is a good thing. But I doubt you will see a mass exit from the housing market, mainly as there is a shortage, there are few places where people can get these returns with low risk, and people face huge capital gains bills if they sell.

anything that controls the ridiculous rate of growth of the cost of UK housing is a good thing. But I doubt you will see a mass exit from the housing market, mainly as there is a shortage, there are few places where people can get these returns with low risk, and people face huge capital gains bills if they sell.

Ridiculous us rate of growth in the cost of UK housing? I wish that were true in NorthWales!

A cruelty of distance and tyranny of isolation??

Bit over the top! Wasted on here you are! ??

Your real Australia....not sure it's any more real than another's experience.

Agreed. Anyone who lives or have lived, actually holidayed in Australia has an Australian experience. Might not be an outback experience but a real Australian experience nonetheless because... It happened! That said @deryans your real Australian experience sounds awesome!

Agreed. Anyone who lives or have lived, actually holidayed in Australia has an Australian experience. Might not be an outback experience but a real Australian experience nonetheless because... It happened! That said @deryans your real Australian experience sounds awesome!

Thanks mate, it was, not all doom and gloom - just the last 3 years odd in ad-dull-ade, cooked up three beautiful kids in Syd, who are now in the system in the UK so onwards and upwards for them, I intend my family to make a positive kind and cracking contribution to the UK while we are here. We also have had to experience the work and associated stress of having a child with a disability, something which I must stress has been a blessing in disguise for us. We are certainly better of for having the experience, even though that mountain looked insurmountable in adelaide. It proved to be not.

I'm not saying I'm more knowledgeable than anyone else on here, just seen alot, did a lot and took lots of risks, so far so good, life is for living and if your idea of fun is a grey nomad and on the road at humpty doo or daily waters, then good on ya, enjoy, explore.

Oddly it's the little things, What I do remember is a green luminous tree snake at lawn hill, gregorys river , a bower bird that collected VB bottle tops and green glass, and getting the GPS out by 1/2 a second for borroloola (borrow a ruler) and ending up shooting an approach to mcarthur river mine instead, (15 knot mile error).

Mcarthur river is interesting, it's zinc from memory, and they transport it in slurry the jetty on the coast some miles north. It looks like what I imagine the moon would look like.

Desolate.

Edited by deryans