trump takes britain

bunbury61

Or could plant his flag in Jerusalem ,as I told you ,and say to the Iranians and who ever else fancies it ...here we are ...thats more likely the outcome .

He could take Iran back to the stone age without leaving his desk ....

The American soldiers were on the verge of defeating a far braver and more organised fighting unit in ww2 ,when they were defeating the Japanese .

It was only the soviet invasion of the northern Japanese islands that shortened the war

The Japanese were more fearsome than the Iranians will ever be ....the Iranians will wish they had never upped the anti

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The American soldiers were on the verge of defeating a far braver and more organised fighting unit in ww2 ,when they were defeating the Japanese .

It was only the soviet invasion of the northern Japanese islands that shortened the war

The Japanese were more fearsome than the Iranians will ever be ....the Iranians will wish they had never upped the anti

Aren't they helping the USA fight ISIS?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/28/politics/john-kerry-iran-helpful-iraq-isis/

Do you want to make up your mind?

Edited by newjez

Aren't they helping the USA fight ISIS?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/28/politics/john-kerry-iran-helpful-iraq-isis/

Do you want to make up your mind?

They are Iranians are carrying out a proxy war with Saudi Arabia in the middle east .....sunni v Shia ....isis v Hezbollah ....its all about control of the middle east .....eventually all this **** ,will land at israels doorstep one way or another

They are Iranians are carrying out a proxy war with Saudi Arabia in the middle east .....sunni v Shia ....isis v Hezbollah ....its all about control of the middle east .....eventually all this **** ,will land at israels doorstep one way or another
thought they were funding it?

Or could plant his flag in Jerusalem ,as I told you ,and say to the Iranians and who ever else fancies it ...here we are ...thats more likely the outcome .

He could take Iran back to the stone age without leaving his desk ....

And at a stroke unite the whole arab and muslim world at a stroke and make it Isis central for the next 100 years, nice one.

I wonder whether Israel would welcome Saudi's undivided attention. .

You have heard about Hiroshoma and Nagasaki

My one big fear with Trump is that he won't see these as a disaster but a useful way to deal with the Middle East. I can actually see a desert of glass replacing where the Middle East used to be happening within a year

If he did do anything approaching that stupidity then we are all in the s**t, it would change the power balance in the world completely, there would be no going back, every country would be re-arming massively.

If he did do anything approaching that stupidity then we are all in the s**t, it would change the power balance in the world completely, there would be no going back, every country would be re-arming massively.

Yep. And he has already said he intended to order a massive rearmament including large increases in nuclear

The EU is imploding as we all debate, vast sways of the middle east still play the same insular game they always have meanwhile Britain removes itself from the now imploding EU and Trump America goes on the war path potentially at least. A modern world needs no religions or political leanings this is what gets countries at each other's throats all the time, when will we ever learn?

The EU is imploding as we all debate, vast sways of the middle east still play the same insular game they always have meanwhile Britain removes itself from the now imploding EU and Trump America goes on the war path potentially at least. A modern world needs no religions or political leanings this is what gets countries at each other's throats all the time, when will we ever learn?

Your question is poorly phrased. Delete the word when and ask "will we ever learn?" and can then be easily answered: "No."

:mask: Just letting people know I've removed a HEAP of posts from this thread. Many went as they were replies to a post that was deleted and leaving them would have made for no real continuity. Hence they were all removed.

While I am here I am asking you to remember to be civil to each other and not get into a slanging match or stir the pot. Keep it decent please.

I think I'm going to stop reading this thread, twitter and watching the news. He's just scaring me. I think I'll move back to Herm island, back to the little bubble

I don't read threads or FB comments or anything. That gets too much and honestly doesn't help my BP ;)

I do think its good to keep informed from decent news sites that report well. BBC news is a safe bet :)

Democracy has spoken both in Great Britain and USA.

Deal with it and stop your "Remoaning" !!

You are too late to try to cling on to "floating logs".

Very true. i dislike trump but his rival hilary clinton would have been far worse IMO... I dont like may but corbyn would have been a disaster.

Very true. i dislike trump but his rival hilary clinton would have been far worse IMO... I dont like may but corbyn would have been a disaster.

Really! Personally I found the whole Hillary establishment politician nauseating and think she would have been a dull and ineffective President.

However dull and ineffective is looking better and better right now.

Like the difference between marrying a dull man and an abusive, violent drunk. One scenario is boring, the other is just dangerous.

Really! Personally I found the whole Hillary establishment politician nauseating and think she would have been a dull and ineffective President.

However dull and ineffective is looking better and better right now.

Like the difference between marrying a dull man and an abusive, violent drunk. One scenario is boring, the other is just dangerous.

what has trump actually done that has annoyed you, the 90 day ban is not good but hardly hitler league.

The most worrying thing is his proposed repeal of the Dodd Frank act and the regulation requiring financial advisers to act in the best interests of their client, so we will be back to good old days of over extended banks and banks able to sell made up finance bonds to bozo clients, if it goes thro all that finance that Trump wants for his tottering business empire will be guaranteed, welcome to the next financial crash, I would guess about 2023, just after Trump has sold off all his investments.

Lets leave out the pathetic row with the press about the numbers attending the inauguration.

Most at of what he has done is actually either standard republican stuff - anti abortion. This has been re enacted by every republican since Reagan.

The 90 day suspension I think is reasonable. We have seen attacks in Europe and it is very reasonable for a new administration to ask for a breather to check that sufficient safeguards are in place to prevent the Europe disease spreading to the USA.

The wall, I am not sure it is a good idea, though something has to be done. The border is being abused by illegal migrants and drug mules.

Most at of the rest are reasonable.

Lets leave out the pathetic row with the press about the numbers attending the inauguration.

Most at of what he has done is actually either standard republican stuff - anti abortion. This has been re enacted by every republican since Reagan.

The 90 day suspension I think is reasonable. We have seen attacks in Europe and it is very reasonable for a new administration to ask for a breather to check that sufficient safeguards are in place to prevent the Europe disease spreading to the USA.

The wall, I am not sure it is a good idea, though something has to be done. The border is being abused by illegal migrants and drug mules.

Most at of the rest are reasonable.

The row about the inauguration numbers demonstrates Trump's tenuous grasp on reality, his fragile ego and extreme narcissism, as does the pathetic statements about 3-5 million illegals voting for Hillary. Yes, lets leave out the parts that fundamentally demonstrate that he is mentally ill.

Lets also ignore his promotion of white supremacist and master tactician, Steve Bannon, and the increasing indications that he is the true power behind the Presidency.

Lets ignore his cabinet picks such as Betsy Devos and others. Betsy, who was born a billionaire and whose only qualification is giving millions of dollars in Republican capaign contributions. Reg Tillerson, ex CEO of Exxon which has billions in assets locked up in Russia due to sanctions. It is patently obvious what his number one priority is in applying for the post. Scott Pruitt for the EPA who is suing the EPA and believes it should be abolished....hmmm. Rick Perry at Energy who also called for The Department to be abolished but now realises what it does has changed his mind. It goes on.

Lets ignore that Trump is a proponent of torture.

Lets ignore that he does not accept climate change and wants to drastically boost coal mining and burning fossil fuels and abandon clean energy.

Lets ignore his total inability to negotiate as demonstrated by his spats with the Mexican President. He called himself the greatest negotiator when it is clear he just employs threats.

The permanent ban on Syrians, coupled with a 120 day ban on refugees (which doubtless will extend) and the 90 day ban on nationals of 6 other countries is unjustified and, as it turns out, proving to be illegal. He sacks the Attorney General for telling him and is being routed in federal courts. ISIS are loving this too and he is doubtless helping to recruit hundreds of terrorists which I suspect is Bannon's goal.

It is almost impossible to keep up with this litany of idiocy, incompetence and extremism and we are only 2 weeks in. When will some people wake up and see what is really happening there?

The row about the inauguration numbers demonstrates Trump's tenuous grasp on reality, his fragile ego and extreme narcissism, as does the pathetic statements about 3-5 million illegals voting for Hillary. Yes, lets leave out the parts that fundamentally demonstrate that he is mentally ill.

Lets also ignore his promotion of white supremacist and master tactician, Steve Bannon, and the increasing indications that he is the true power behind the Presidency.

Lets ignore his cabinet picks such as Betsy Devos and others. Betsy, who was born a billionaire and whose only qualification is giving millions of dollars in Republican capaign contributions. Reg Tillerson, ex CEO of Exxon which has billions in assets locked up in Russia due to sanctions. It is patently obvious what his number one priority is in applying for the post. Scott Pruitt for the EPA who is suing the EPA and believes it should be abolished....hmmm. Rick Perry at Energy who also called for The Department to be abolished but now realises what it does has changed his mind. It goes on.

Lets ignore that Trump is a proponent of torture.

Lets ignore that he does not accept climate change and wants to drastically boost coal mining and burning fossil fuels and abandon clean energy.

Lets ignore his total inability to negotiate as demonstrated by his spats with the Mexican President. He called himself the greatest negotiator when it is clear he just employs threats.

The permanent ban on Syrians, coupled with a 120 day ban on refugees (which doubtless will extend) and the 90 day ban on nationals of 6 other countries is unjustified and, as it turns out, proving to be illegal. He sacks the Attorney General for telling him and is being routed in federal courts. ISIS are loving this too and he is doubtless helping to recruit hundreds of terrorists which I suspect is Bannon's goal.

It is almost impossible to keep up with this litany of idiocy, incompetence and extremism and we are only 2 weeks in. When will some people wake up and see what is really happening there?

I can only assume that there are people on here who are sympathetic to the aims of Trump and his co conspirators, Bannon it seems is an adherent of Lenin's thinking, it appears that he believes that by creating war and chaos that America will become great and be able to take control.

What I do not understand is the lack of empathy that people display and lack of appreciation of the impact that people in power have on people without power, they seem to believe that achieving power gives you the right to wield that power capriciously and for their own benefit, it seems like it blinds them to the excesses of power and where power without constraints leads.

I can only assume that there are people on here who are sympathetic to the aims of Trump and his co conspirators, Bannon it seems is an adherent of Lenin's thinking, it appears that he believes that by creating war and chaos that America will become great and be able to take control.

What I do not understand is the lack of empathy that people display and lack of appreciation of the impact that people in power have on people without power, they seem to believe that achieving power gives you the right to wield that power capriciously and for their own benefit, it seems like it blinds them to the excesses of power and where power without constraints leads.

They are sympathetic to some of Trump's stated aims for sure and that blinds them to all the craziness. The amount of complacency and justification that is going on is the worst thing. Evil men prosper when good men do nothing.

Trump has turned himself into a cult figure and he has millions of devoted followers in whose eyes he can literally do no wrong. These are not enough and he needs complicity from others. Politics has become so tribal now that it is almost impossible for Republican politicians or supporters to stand up to Trump. 2018 is the build up to the mid-term Senate elections. Bannon will have calculated that 2017 gives them a free run which is why they are proceeding at such break-neck speed. They need a terrorist attack on US soil urgently and are doing everything they can to encourage radical Islamists in the hope of getting it. Once this happens there will be a massive and swift power grab and moves towards an autocracy and division across religious lines.