trump takes britain

bunbury61

They are sympathetic to some of Trump's stated aims for sure and that blinds them to all the craziness. The amount of complacency and justification that is going on is the worst thing. Evil men prosper when good men do nothing.

Trump has turned himself into a cult figure and he has millions of devoted followers in whose eyes he can literally do no wrong. These are not enough and he needs complicity from others. Politics has become so tribal now that it is almost impossible for Republican politicians or supporters to stand up to Trump. 2018 is the build up to the mid-term Senate elections. Bannon will have calculated that 2017 gives them a free run which is why they are proceeding at such break-neck speed. They need a terrorist attack on US soil urgently and are doing everything they can to encourage radical Islamists in the hope of getting it. Once this happens there will be a massive and swift power grab and moves towards an autocracy and division across religious lines.

That is a frightening analysis, I can see it being very coherent though, he is already getting the blame in onto the judges now.

I was commenting tho on the support he gets from individuals on this site in the face of coherent concerns expressed.

Where do you see the relationship with Russia going, is it an alliance against China.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

What I do not understand is the lack of empathy that people display and lack of appreciation of the impact that people in power have on people without power, they seem to believe that achieving power gives you the right to wield that power capriciously and for their own benefit, it seems like it blinds them to the excesses of power and where power without constraints leads.

Save the lefty musings for the annual tree huggers dinner and dance where you can share a nut roast, nibble on some tofu toast all washed down with some nettle tea and pass the evening talking to lots of men in arran sweaters and jumbo green corduroys and beards, and tough looking women in doc martins and duffel coats.

All that hot air you keep blasting out must be making a hole in the O-Zone layer too, so have a think about that.

Save the lefty musings for the annual tree huggers dinner and dance where you can share a nut roast, nibble on some tofu toast all washed down with some nettle tea and pass the evening talking to lots of men in arran sweaters and jumbo green corduroys and beards, and tough looking women in doc martins and duffel coats.

All that hot air you keep blasting out must be making a hole in the O-Zone layer too, so have a think about that.

Now then, everyone is entitled to their say/opinion. No need for the nastiness.

You are such a laugh with all that machismo.

Just read Skani's web site post, it is by an American 'expert' tho .

eGtJIBjVE5-pksftyu2YOv-O2EJqIv48BApKcW4H4V7tH8y18rmeC6nQqi_tJJuVQ4Z1FDoI7g=s384-c-e100-rwu-v1

In The Flesh? (The Wall Work In Progress, Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [band Demo] [2011 Remastered Version]

Pink Floyd

Buy for £0.99

Subscribe

Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free.

Lyrics

So ya

Thought ya

Might like to

Go to the show

To feel the warm thrill of confusion

That space cadet glow

I've got some bad news for you, sunshine

Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel

And they sent us along as a surrogate band

We're going to find out where you fans really stand

Are there any queers in the theater tonight?

Get 'em up against the wall (get them up)

now, there's one in the spotlight

He don't look right to me

Then get him up against the wall (get them)

Now, that one looks Jewish

And that one's a coon

Who let all this riffraff into the room?

There's one smoking a joint

And another with spots

If I had my way, I'd have all of them shot

Chillingly true, no mention that I spotted of Erdogan and Turkey which is closer to your previous comment about a terrorist attack, the attempted coup in Turkey starts to look increasingly like a put up job

Trump is tweeting that the judge who has ruled against him is not fit by referring to him as a 'so-called' judge. He had been appointed by Bush and accepted unanimously by Congress in 2004.

He has also said that very dangerous people are able to come in thanks to this ruling. He might as well stick targets on new arrivals given some of the nutters who worship him.

Trump is raising the temperature and is clearly desperate to provoke a terrorist attack so he can exploit it by shutting down the judiciary and assuming total power.

Trump is tweeting that the judge who has ruled against him is not fit by referring to him as a 'so-called' judge. He had been appointed by Bush and accepted unanimously by Congress in 2004.

He has also said that very dangerous people are able to come in thanks to this ruling. He might as well stick targets on new arrivals given some of the nutters who worship him.

Trump is raising the temperature and is clearly desperate to provoke a terrorist attack so he can exploit it by shutting down the judiciary and assuming total power.

Total power of what???? Explain what you mean "shutting down the judiciary" could you explain what you mean, it is the USA we are talking about isnt it.

Edited by Perthbum

Where do you see the relationship with Russia going, is it an alliance against China.

Hardly - the Russian's have a policy of keeping on very good terms with China. They know it's the only real threat they face (although NATO troop movements in Poland and the Baltic States are starting to make them think they may be wrong about that and that an attack from Europe is a possibility).

Total power of what????

Not answerable to the judiciary, the media, public opinion or to Congress/House of Representatives. The ability to use the office of President to personally enrich himself, his children and his buddies/cronies.

Bannon though has greater ambitions for sure and he is pulling the strings.

Hardly - the Russian's have a policy of keeping on very good terms with China. They know it's the only real threat they face (although NATO troop movements in Poland and the Baltic States are starting to make them think they may be wrong about that and that an attack from Europe is a possibility).

I tend to agree. Trump's 'spat' with China appears little more than a smokescreen. He wants to reduce US dependence on China for manufactured goods, not convinced the posturing means much more than that.

Stop frightening me, he doesn't have to shut the judiciary down just curb it by dismissing a number of them as somehow being tainted by Isis association, the favourite of all these people , guilt by association.

He's heading that way definitely, as the article you cited points out it is no ones political career interest to oppose the man, they think they can ride his coat tails and seemingly are now becoming invested in his populism as a way of maintaining their noses in the trough.

In a way this was inevitable given the way political parties are now funded, we are seeing it everywhere where big business can wield power through funding, Trump is the most noticeable because he simply used his own (was it tho) wealth to buy the election.

The Koch bros continue to pour millions into secretive right wing " think tanks" which are tainting the political process, Liam Fox has been hosted and toasted by one of these when he is in the states and takes away ready made sound bites to make him sound brighter than the failed GP he is, he was forced to resign the front bench previously because he gave one of their adherents a parliamentary pass and took him on official business with him.

Not answerable to the judiciary, the media, public opinion or to Congress/House of Representatives. The ability to use the office of President to personally enrich himself, his children and his buddies/cronies.

Bannon though has greater ambitions for sure and he is pulling the strings.

Well your post has been proved to be totally incorrect

Which post?

The last one ....about the judiciary ....the ban has been overturned ,which proves he isn't hitler,pol pot or mussolini ...this is getting boring now .

What time is it in w.a ,for you to reply to a u.k 5pm post straightaway ?..

Don't you sleep .

I wont be replying .....

The last one ....about the judiciary ....the ban has been overturned ,which proves he isn't hitler,pol pot or mussolini ...this is getting boring now .

What time is it in w.a ,for you to reply to a u.k 5pm post straightaway ?..

Don't you sleep .

I wont be replying .....

My post was a reply not a statement. It was stating the power that Trump is aiming to acquire. He has only had 2 weeks for goodness sake.

He will also need some help from ISIS to achieve this. He is doing his level best to encourage a terrorist act on US soil (stating in advance that the judiciary will be responsible) which he will exploit to the full, so I am holding my breath and hoping he fails.

Insomnia. :no:

My post was a reply not a statement. It was stating the power that Trump is aiming to acquire. He has only had 2 weeks for goodness sake.

He will also need some help from ISIS to achieve this. He is doing his level best to encourage a terrorist act on US soil (stating in advance that the judiciary will be responsible) which he will exploit to the full, so I am holding my breath and hoping he fails.

Insomnia. :no:

Or just creating an incident with the tell tale signs of Isis littered around, it might be too tempting, Watergate was for Nixon, they could get Gordon Liddy back to mastermind it, (well hardly mastermind was he)

Funny, I thought you were just south of Brisbane in Queensland, that's not WA when I was there last or is it?

Or just creating an incident with the tell tale signs of Isis littered around, it might be too tempting, Watergate was for Nixon, they could get Gordon Liddy back to mastermind it, (well hardly mastermind was he)

Funny, I thought you were just south of Brisbane in Queensland, that's not WA when I was there last or is it?

I hope that was a 'tongue-in-cheek' suggestion.

The problem is that if the whole Trump campaign/ Presidency story of the past 12 months had been a fictional book written a few years ago I would have given up on it by now as the plot is so unrealistic - but it is REAL!

So I suppose any plot twist is possible in this crazy story.

there are those who think the CIA organised 9/11, but I put them in the same basket as those who think the Luna landing was faked. I don't think trump's travel ban will increase the chances of an Isis attack. With the easy access of guns in the USA, Isis could easily do a shopping center or some such thing. I can only assume the only reason they haven't is that it's not in their interests to do so. A big attack requires planning and organisation. 9/11 must have taken years to plan. France is open and easy. Trump may care about Isis, but do Isis care about Trump? He's already suggested he is not interested in overseas conflicts. It may be in their interests to let sleeping dogs lie. You will get the odd lone wolf. But I doubt you will get a coordinated effort.

there are those who think the CIA organised 9/11, but I put them in the same basket as those who think the Luna landing was faked. I don't think trump's travel ban will increase the chances of an Isis attack. With the easy access of guns in the USA, Isis could easily do a shopping center or some such thing. I can only assume the only reason they haven't is that it's not in their interests to do so. A big attack requires planning and organisation. 9/11 must have taken years to plan. France is open and easy. Trump may care about Isis, but do Isis care about Trump? He's already suggested he is not interested in overseas conflicts. It may be in their interests to let sleeping dogs lie. You will get the odd lone wolf. But I doubt you will get a coordinated effort.

Trump's blatently anti-Moslem rhetoric, his support of torture, and the travel ban are fanning the flames in the USA. White supremacists will increasingly likely to target Moslems (as happened in Quebec last week) and they will be further marginalised living under a threat of registration. This has to radicalise and motivate certain young extremists to take action.

It doesn't have to be a planned 9/11 attack. Trump only needs one lone-wolf gunman to make his case.

I hope that was a 'tongue-in-cheek' suggestion.

The problem is that if the whole Trump campaign/ Presidency story of the past 12 months had been a fictional book written a few years ago I would have given up on it by now as the plot is so unrealistic - but it is REAL!

So I suppose any plot twist is possible in this crazy story.

Well tongue in cheek of course, but !!!

How did we end up here, charlatans and mountebanks, was it that the period from the 2ndWW to the 1980's was an aberration and now we have slid back into the real reality of politics and nationalism.

]Not answerable to the judiciary[/b]' date=' the media, public opinion or to Congress/House of Representatives. The ability to use the office of President to personally enrich himself, his children and his buddies/cronies.

Bannon though has greater ambitions for sure and he is pulling the strings.[/quote']

Not possible,You need to read up on american politics and law, he would be subject to impeachment, if trump still refused he could the federal marshals would be knocking on his door and if he still did not obey he could be impeached and even to jail time.