The new tory leader ?

bunbury61

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting quote from the Times. "The divorce negotiations with the EU, if they follow the game plan of the European Commission, will fast degenerate into a nightmarish battle over detail. Rather, what the UK should be seeking is a grand bargain whereby its over-the-odds military contribution is taken into account in return for access to the single market". Hmmm. Maybe, if Putin starts pushing hard in the Baltics, as is quite likely. Britain is going to lead a multinational battalion in the Baltic states. An idea i.e. The Grand Bargain- that the US (presuming Clinton is the next president) could be expected to support. May will not have many cards to play. She may well try to play this one. But hard to see how the EU could possibly agree to access to the single market without free movement of peoples. No cherry picking etc etc. Still, Merkel knows what Putin is better than most. The first May-Merkel meeting will be most interesting.

Hmmm. Maybe, if Putin starts pushing hard in the Baltics, as is quite likely. Britain is going to lead a multinational battalion in the Baltic states.

Merely a token if that's all they're putting up. Maximum size of a British Battalion is around 700 men and in some Corps and other countries, it is much less. They'd need more than that to have Putin thinking twice.

Needs to be someone who is a lot more honest than all the previous PM's going back to 1990, someone who has more support for the UK and less EU supporter than gutless Cameron, someone who unites the country and seizes the great opportunity UK now has to be grow and live again unshackled from the Eu Bureaucrats

Needs to be someone who is a lot more honest than all the previous PM's going back to 1990, someone who has more support for the UK and less EU supporter than gutless Cameron, someone who unites the country and seizes the great opportunity UK now has to be grow and live again unshackled from the Eu Bureaucrats

The arch bishop of Canterbury ? Seriously, where do you find an honest MP ?

Firstly can we please have some adult debate and repllies

It probably has to be a brexiteer ( although they may go for Theresa may )

In my humble opinion ,it wont be Boris or Michael gove ..

Here's a couple

Liam fox and my tip ,someone who could really steady the ship .

For those that don't know her she comes across as a calming influence .

She was brilliant in the in /out debates and that is ANGELA LEADSOM .

It will probably take a head mistress type to sort the mess out

No ,she's nothing like Maggie

Just in,its going to be a woman ...gove is out ....leadsom or may ...both good choices

Reckon there was tactical voting for Leadsom there to ensure Gove didn't get second spot and a place on the ballot. May is a shoe-in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong on both counts iam afraid .

May has the parliamentary support ,leadsom has the grass roots tory membership support ,in the main,and that's who votes now to decide

Nothing to do with tactical voting,the 2 bed candidates are there

I told you it would be two women .

,this will be closer than you think .

Either one for me .

In fact I would like to see them both at the top table .

Wrong on both counts iam afraid .

May has the parliamentary support ,leadsom has the grass roots tory membership support ,in the main,and that's who votes now to decide

Nothing to do with tactical voting,the 2 bed candidates are there

I told you it would be two women .

,this will be closer than you think .

Either one for me .

In fact I would like to see them both at the top table .

I don't much care so long as that moron, Gove, is out of it.

Have to bow to your superior knowledge on the views of grass roots Tory Party members. I understand they are mainly over 50, white and middle class, predominantly anti-Europe (hmmm). Both candidates will now try to demonstrate that they will take the toughest line in any negotiations with the EU in order to garner the necessary support from this group.

It's not more complicated - she's an out and out bigot driven by a strong Christian ethos. She appears to have all the mainstream appeal of Iain Duncan Smith, which his charisma to boot. She may be able to appeal to a particular brand of Tory party member, but she is the very last thing the UK needs. If you're going to pick a Brexiter, it would have been better to pick a non-mad one but I guess they are thin on the ground.

It's not more complicated - she's an out and out bigot driven by a strong Christian ethos. She appears to have all the mainstream appeal of Iain Duncan Smith, which his charisma to boot. She may be able to appeal to a particular brand of Tory party member, but she is the very last thing the UK needs. If you're going to pick a Brexiter, it would have been better to pick a non-mad one but I guess they are thin on the ground.

Are you a bigot against Christians by any chance ?

Reckon there was tactical voting for Leadsom there to ensure Gove didn't get second spot and a place on the ballot. May is a shoe-in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrong person....the fear was the tactical votes would be for Gove....the theory being he is detested by the main stream for the way he double crossed Boris thus ensuring an easy May victory.....now this has gone to the conservative members this will be a lot closer than people think....I would have Leadsom ahead by a gnats whisker.

Look mate, we all know it's just choosing what type of bread you want on your sh-it sandwich.

Leadsome has now resorted to saying she would be a better leader than May because she has kids!! Totally shameless. Presumably May remembered that Julia Gillard was pilloried by right wing nutcases here for being "deliberately barren". May headed this one off days ago by explaining why she and hubby had not been able to have kids. She also released her tax returns. She didn't lie about her C.V. either. And she has reminded everyone that two of her grandmothers were in domestic service. i.e. she could not possibly be less like the Posh Boys Club that did so much to produce this disaster. Looks like Leadsome is going to be Leadnone.

Leadsome has now resorted to saying she would be a better leader than May because she has kids!! Totally shameless. Presumably May remembered that Julia Gillard was pilloried by right wing nutcases here for being "deliberately barren". May headed this one off days ago by explaining why she and hubby had not been able to have kids. She also released her tax returns. She didn't lie about her C.V. either. And she has reminded everyone that two of her grandmothers were in domestic service. i.e. she could not possibly be less like the Posh Boys Club that did so much to produce this disaster. Looks like Leadsome is going to be Leadnone.

How many grandmothers did she have ?