Frustrated

anne1975

Hi

We are looking to emigrate, but as my hubbys job is CSOL we can only get 457,489 or 190 visa( all sponsored)

but how are you supposed to get sponsored when companies wont consider you unless you live in Australia!!!

There are loads of Paramedic jobs available over there,

So annoying

Hi

We are looking to emigrate, but as my hubbys job is CSOL we can only get 457,489 or 190 visa( all sponsored)

but how are you supposed to get sponsored when companies wont consider you unless you live in Australia!!!

So annoying

There are also lots of qualified Australian paramedics seeking work. I don't get the 'annoyed' part.

Hi

So annoying

I know it's annoying but consider it from the employer's point of view. He advertises a job and 5 people apply. Two of them have good qualifications. One is a local - all he has to do is give notice at his current job and he can start in a month. The other is your hubby - by the time he's done all the paperwork and got out to Oz, how long will it be? Plus what if he doesn't like Australia after all (a lot of Brits don't settle in Darwin) and leaves?

Realistically he's only going to get a job offer if there are no locals ready to take the job. Not what you want to hear but you can understand why employers feel that way.

Hi

So annoying

My niece is training as a paramedic at the moment - she says that jobs are really scarce and the London Ambulance Service regularly approaches their Uni offering sponsorship to new graduates. She's certainly hoping to do that as many of the previous years' graduates just can't crack a job. She's in Victoria.

Wa and nt are sponsoring

So I'm now confused. If they are sponsoring, why are you complaining?If they are prepared to sponsor you for a visa then they accept you aren't in Australia, cos if you were, you wouldn't need the sponsorship!

With their current cuts I'm surprised at WA. St Johns maybe, but not the State itself?

In SA my friends daughter and her cohort of paramedic trainees are now looking for first positions. Most have gone overseas, if she doesn't get in this round for SA options are UK (she is dual citizen) or Darwin. Will be slightly better for experienced staff but again they will be in the less saught after locations, same as teaching.

Hi

So annoying

A 489 & 190 visa are state sponsored so you don't need a company to sponsor you. If your hubbys occupation is on a states list then apply to the state, as long as he meets the pass mark and you fit the criteria then there is no reason they wont sponsor you. Good luck

A 489 & 190 visa are state sponsored so you don't need a company to sponsor you. If your hubbys occupation is on a states list then apply to the state, as long as he meets the pass mark and you fit the criteria then there is no reason they wont sponsor you. Good luck

NT often refuse to sponsor on 190 nowadays unless the applciant has good ties to the State - they are fesd up with poeple jumping state as soon as they get the visa so often they'll only offer 489s.

WA ask for firm job offers for some roles before they will sponsor so the OP needs to check that out too.

As Wrussell said above, check the special conditions.

Hi

So annoying

Anne, i wish you good luck , dont give up just do what you need to do to gent here ...........

NT often refuse to sponsor on 190 nowadays unless the applciant has good ties to the State - they are fesd up with poeple jumping state as soon as they get the visa so often they'll only offer 489s.

WA ask for firm job offers for some roles before they will sponsor so the OP needs to check that out too.

As Wrussell said above, check the special conditions.

As I said "as long as he meets the pass mark and you fit the criteria"

Hi

So annoying

We are in a similar position. Hubby been a tech for 15ish years. Finally getting his paramedic qualification under his belt.

Been hoping to move for over 8 years. Just got to kee hoping that ambulance officer is still on the CSOL next year when we apply. He's only got another 2 years before he loses more points for age and then we are left with only a 457 visa as an option.

We are going to apply for the 489 visa, and if successful, will look at the main emergency ambulance of that particular state to begin with. Failing that, private companies (of which there are quite a lot). It's not impossible, just not that easy.

Archived