Will I be missed

paul1977

Well I'm entering my last 6 months in australia, when I get home I'll dissappear from POM... will I be missed....?

Why disappear Paul? You will be moving on, finding your feet again, rediscovering what works for you, what doesn’t, what lives up to expectations and what doesn’t quite hit the mark. You will experience the financial costs of returning, the efforts you need (or don’t) to make to pick up friendships and relationships or start afresh.

PIO isn’t just about moving or living in Aus, and you may have a different perspective of both countries once you return. Maybe you could stick around and share those thoughts? T x

You'll be missed as much as anyone else Paul, which in all honesty, isn't very much. Whatever you do, don't do a flounce. You like a right attention seeking knob if you come back after a flounce, as we've seen some do here numerous times!

I'll put a 1 year update on, not worth doing one before in my opinion, looking forward to going back home but a tad nervous if I'm to be honest. I do laugh at the post's who say ' I've been here 2 weeks and it already feels like home '( when people land in oz )

First time I have been back on ages. You sound like a toddler having a tantrum, but credit to you, I am intrigued enough to come back on. What do you want, and what do you expect!

I feel if you happy enough to blow steam off at this forum etc like you have done, I think you still want advice and you still not sure. Sometimes we don't have lots of people around, so

this forum better than nothing. And maybe to some, it damn good. Say what you really think, come back on, with your true thoughts. Many here to help or support.

Personally I find posts from those who have moved back to the UK really helpful - practicalities like car insurance, NHS etc.... and also the preparation stuff - what to do re: Super, private healthcare etc before you go ...So do post when you get back so others can learn!

I do laugh at the post's who say ' I've been here 2 weeks and it already feels like home '( when people land in oz )

I've been here five years. I'd say in all truth that, two weeks in, it felt very much like home. It was only after a couple of months that it really sank in that it wasn't home. Gradually, leading up to about three or four years here, it has started to feel, on balance, like it is more home than the UK. Different people will have different trajectories, but I think most people have a honeymoon period at the beginning.

Guest The Pom Queen
You'll be missed as much as anyone else Paul, which in all honesty, isn't very much. Whatever you do, don't do a flounce. You like a right attention seeking knob if you come back after a flounce, as we've seen some do here numerous times!

Listen to Dom as he speaks from experience :wink: Not that you are a knob Dom.

Listen to Dom as he speaks from experience :wink: Not that you are a knob Dom.

Tis true, I did set a new record for flounces and may be responsible for the instigation of the 'strictly one flounce per member' rule.

But they were always meant as a pi$$ take, though I think the irony was lost on many :wink:

Well guys... I moved back after 5 years in Oz earlier this year.... Some plus points, but on the whole Ozzie life is FAR, FAR, better....!!

Make sure your not looking back at the UK through rose tinted glasses....

Well guys... I moved back after 5 years in Oz earlier this year.... Some plus points, but on the whole Ozzie life is FAR, FAR, better....!!

Make sure your not looking back at the UK through rose tinted glasses....

Let's not go down that road

Archived