189 Visa Grant - 7 1/2 years in the making!

jac2011

Well after 7 1/2 years of trying to find a way to live permanently in Australia, including a (fantastic) career change along the way... We have finally been granted our PR visas!

To those who are still waiting or think that they may not be able to make it, don't give up hope and do whatever it takes to get you there.

I am so glad I started this journey. I never thought it would take so long but i wouldn't change it for the world.

Myself, hubby and three children (11,9 and 4) will be embarking on our biggest adventure of our lives in 10 weeks and 2 days.

Well after 7 1/2 years of trying to find a way to live permanently in Australia, including a (fantastic) career change along the way... We have finally been granted our PR visas!

To those who are still waiting or think that they may not be able to make it, don't give up hope and do whatever it takes to get you there.

I am so glad I started this journey. I never thought it would take so long but i wouldn't change it for the world.

Myself, hubby and three children (11,9 and 4) will be embarking on our biggest adventure of our lives in 10 weeks and 2 days.

great news, you took 1 year longer than my son, but the relief when it finally comes through!!!

All the best for your new life in Australia.

Well done xM

That's it! I finally feel at peace.

At times I nearly gave up, at times I nearly took an easy option out (nearly bought a great big caravan to go touring Europe, we actually bought a new car to tow it but had a change of mind before the caravan). But, I am proud that we followed this through, we didn't give up and we have come to the other side.

To those that are stuck in the middle of the process, do not give up. Your time will come and the feeling is totally worth it!

That's it! I finally feel at peace.

At times I nearly gave up, at times I nearly took an easy option out (nearly bought a great big caravan to go touring Europe, we actually bought a new car to tow it but had a change of mind before the caravan). But, I am proud that we followed this through, we didn't give up and we have come to the other side.

To those that are stuck in the middle of the process, do not give up. Your time will come and the feeling is totally worth it!

A big CONGRATULATIONS, hope you have a successful and happy life here in OZ.

Keith.

Really pleased for you, I was just thinking about how long you've been posting on here and I had my fingers crossed for you!!

My 6 yr plan is now my 7 year plan due to having a baby, I'm currently 4 years in and news like this makes me realise I can already see the other side xx

Looking forward to your arrival reports xx

Thanks everyone, I cannot stop smiling today. It's guys like you lot that realise how much hard work has gone into getting those 5 emails. I am sure family and friends think we just clicked on a button haha.

Before I had this username I had an old one, but forgot my log in details. I am sure I have been posting since 2008. Would be interesting to read some of those posts right now!

Wow 7 1/2 years! I really hope that Australia lives up to your expectations, not been to Townsville however have friends there who suggest it is the town where it never rains!

We were very fortunate and completed our 189 with 1 year and only applied as an option, we did not set our hearts on coming over. However since arriving things have worked out well, we are happy, more relaxed and really enjoying Queensland.

Again enjoy the challenges the move will continue to pose and do take some time to enjoy your new surroundings especially during September, best month of the year.

S

Thankyou!

Luckily I secured myself a job with QLD health so the pressure is off in that department. We are in the process of clearing out our house, sticking money in our ANZ accounts and saying our goodbyes. We set off to London 10 weeks on Tuesday.

Instead of putting pressure on ourselves we are just going to enjoy life out there, hopefully settle down in one location long enough for the children to go through schools and then who knows, we may end up in another part of Oz or another part of the world. Life is an adventure and we have to live it.

One of the proudest things I can do at this stage is get my mum out for a holiday, she has never been out of Europe and barely leaves the village she is in these days. My dad left her last year and I thought she would collapse but she appears stronger and far easier to be around since it happened. I really hope I can get her to come over for an extended holiday with my 18 year old brother and let her live an adventure too.

Thankyou!

Luckily I secured myself a job with QLD health so the pressure is off in that department. We are in the process of clearing out our house, sticking money in our ANZ accounts and saying our goodbyes. We set off to London 10 weeks on Tuesday.

Instead of putting pressure on ourselves we are just going to enjoy life out there, hopefully settle down in one location long enough for the children to go through schools and then who knows, we may end up in another part of Oz or another part of the world. Life is an adventure and we have to live it.

One of the proudest things I can do at this stage is get my mum out for a holiday, she has never been out of Europe and barely leaves the village she is in these days. My dad left her last year and I thought she would collapse but she appears stronger and far easier to be around since it happened. I really hope I can get her to come over for an extended holiday with my 18 year old brother and let her live an adventure too.

My MIL had never left the UK, never even been on a plane but she came out to us with her twin Sister and loved it, coming again next year. It is the best feeling when they arrive worried and doubtful but go home happy and proud of what you've achieved .

Congratulations and Well done Jac,

I bet you're feeling like you could explode!

We've been trying for 7 years too and we're currently the furthest we've ever been able to get in the process so far. So hopefully not far behind moving to Qld.

Hope you and your family have an amazing adventure and keep posting your experiences!

Congratualtions, that's great news :) Good Luck with everything! Our three year plan has now turned into a five year plan with another baby on the way, so it's nice to hear people have waited so long and finally got there as a lot of negative people have told us we'll never do it if we wait that long.

Congrats, I'm the same as you. Career change to be a nurse, totally loving it and wish I had done it years ago.. It started when I had to go back to college to get my access course pass etc, uni, 2 years post qualified. We are still waiting though despite lodging in Dec 2014so I'm going to ring them tonight. Fingers crossed I'm as fortunate as you have been xx

Congratulations jac2011!! Have been following your journey for a while now as our own is quite similar...hubby just starting his 1st year of uni training to be a nurse...so hopefully this is now the start of our 4 year plan.

Best of luck with everything & I look forward to reading all your updates

Congratulations! I have seen a few of your posts, wish you all the luck!

We we submitted our 189 visa 24th June and our aim is to be in Aus the first week of November. I am constantly doubting it will still happen even at this stage of the process!

Best of luck xx

Archived