Outlook for economy not good

Petals

It does make one proud how our government ensures the protection of the deserving few. Hardly alone though. America can't be far from the next big one. Thing is the façade could well be prolonged as we dig ourselves into a hole with zero interest rates and little place to move. I hope not or more cuts but out politicians do display cluelessness.

Love him or hate him, I was really impressed with David Cameron's campaign regarding what he felt needed to be done in the UK. It is easy to just promise handouts for everyone which he could have done, but didn't, and I was even more impressed with the British public for voting for what they felt was best for the country, and ultimately themselves, rather than just thinking of a short term gain.

Edited by FTA

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was even more impressed with the British public for voting for what they felt was best for the country, and ultimately themselves, rather than just thinking of a short term gain.

Only thing is, it was the voting system that put Cameron in power, not the British public, whose vote was split.

Only thing is, it was the voting system that put Cameron in power, not the British public, whose vote was split.

Agreed, but it wasn't exactly a hung parlament now was it. He sh*t it in, or landslide victory as they say in the UK. The fact that he got any votes at all surprised me, despite that fact that I would have voted for him.

Love him or hate him, I was really impressed with David Cameron's campaign regarding what he felt needed to be done in the UK. It is easy to just promise handouts for everyone which he could have done, but didn't, and I was even more impressed with the British public for voting for what they felt was best for the country, and ultimately themselves, rather than just thinking of a short term gain.

But as in most first past the post elections it is marginal seats that carry the day not the vote of majority of voters.

Tis true

You never did answer my question about why you only decided to join this forum when you returned to the UK and not while in Australia

Only being nosey

I hope you don't mind

No I don't mind at all but no great story to it, I remember this forum from years ago when I used to just lurk. I stumbled across it recently and decided to join.

Why not ?

Can you not answer genuinely as to why you feel a need to partake of a forum that held no interest for you when migrating or when here, and when asked why you can only offer a defnesive answer? I'm genuinely interested as to why others, not just yourself, find a need to contribute in their own special way..................what is so wonderful about the return to the UK that some find a need to not just accept that it is the best for them, but will, despite how full and wonderfull they quote their lives to be, will spend time on a section of the forum not dedicated to MBTTUK?

There are those members, those who we all know quite well, who will go out of their way, despite having returned to the UK many years ago, to trawl (or should it be "troll") Australian (negative) media reports and publish them on PIO merely to further their agenda witn no thought for how those reports, (often outdate and also surreptiously snipped/edited to further their agenda) impact on folk who are likely making the most important decision of their lives. An example may well be a negative report about housing in Perth. The numbskull who posted the report was attemting to denigrate perth, Australia when what he posted related to perth UK............get it?........folk who are so bereft of personal life qualities that they attempt to impact on the lifes of others. Should they be pitied? That's a personal choice.......for myself?............I wouldn't plss on them if they were on fire...............so where do you fit? a newcomer, with no history under your username, and do iI give a shlt anyway? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no I don't..............I've seen your likes come and go...........and sadly, it's only the real sad tossers that reinvent/remain.......you're just a blip.......prove me wrong.

Edited by Johndoe

I wasn't being flippant with my earlier answer, I am surprised anyone would care to be honest. I find it generally a nice friendly forum and it is good to chat to people who live or lived in Australia. That's it really ☺

I don't care, I'm just curious as to why folks who return to the Uk, who purport to have a lifestyle better than Oz offered them, then find the time, or (why) the motivation, to seek out a forum based on migration, that clearly doesn't concern them as they ain't migrating, So why didn't you chat with the folk on this forum when you were coming over here? Why the need to contribute now?

Long standing members will be fully aware of the idiots, back in the UK, who attempt to present themselves as "down to earth tradies" and "dog and real ale lovers" that hated Oz with a vengeance but rather than "letting it go" seem to have nothing better to do (how do they find the time?) than trawl (troll) Australian newspapers online looking for the slightest negativity that will allow them to post something that they feel will evoke a response that (in their sad mind) will boost their ego or at the very least, will afford them some attention............which, to my suspicious thinking, has me wondering why they seek said attention?.............not that I care.......i've already drawn my conclusions.

As sad as these persons may appear to some, those who will dismiiss them outright as sad b#stards and refuse to be drawn into their threads, it doen't mitigate the fact that if left unchallenged, these gobshltes can influence a potential migrants decision. All the guff that I've heard from other members that state, "well if they listen to what's on a forum then they deserve what's coming to 'em" only goes to show how much folk don't realise how easy it is to be influenced by others. If you weren't to believe what was said, what's the point of having a forum that allows 'em to say it?

Are you one of them Bristolman? Someone who appears "out of the woodwork" with nothing but negativity about Oz and praise for the UK? Or are you a "newer generation" who can, by their manner of posting, appear "neutral" with regards to Oz but only as long as it allows you to trumpet the praise of the UK? Time will tell.

Well, its a quiet rainy Sunday afternoon. May as well throw a joint of beef into the hyena enclosure

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11639916/Confidence-high-as-UK-economy-steps-up-several-gears.html

Should be good news for those shifting pounds.

No rain here, quite sunny but a bit chilly. Very good news though and as you will help those buying $'s

Edited by bristolman

Can you not answer genuinely as to why you feel a need to partake of a forum that held no interest for you when migrating or when here, and when asked why you can only offer a defnesive answer? I'm genuinely interested as to why others, not just yourself, find a need to contribute in their own special way..................what is so wonderful about the return to the UK that some find a need to not just accept that it is the best for them, but will, despite how full and wonderfull they quote their lives to be, will spend time on a section of the forum not dedicated to MBTTUK?

There are those members, those who we all know quite well, who will go out of their way, despite having returned to the UK many years ago, to trawl (or should it be "troll") Australian (negative) media reports and publish them on PIO merely to further their agenda witn no thought for how those reports, (often outdate and also surreptiously snipped/edited to further their agenda) impact on folk who are likely making the most important decision of their lives. An example may well be a negative report about housing in Perth. The numbskull who posted the report was attemting to denigrate perth, Australia when what he posted related to perth UK............get it?........folk who are so bereft of personal life qualities that they attempt to impact on the lifes of others. Should they be pitied? That's a personal choice.......for myself?............I wouldn't plss on them if they were on fire...............so where do you fit? a newcomer, with no history under your username, and do iI give a shlt anyway? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no I don't..............I've seen your likes come and go...........and sadly, it's only the real sad tossers that reinvent/remain.......you're just a blip.......prove me wrong.

What is it about resorting to denigrating people that see Oz thro a different pair of glasses without the rosie tint in them that is so attractive to a certain sector on here, it may simply be that a number of people who have returned to the UK see the downsides inherent in Oz's systems and politics quite clearly and feel that people making the decision to move out there are prepared for the realities of emigrating. I

It's not all sunshine and barbies and there are very real differences between the uk/Europe and Oz in some real ways that can adversely impact people when they live in Oz.

Keep to the subject, if you have personal observations about where its best to live then start a new thread.

Its not about where is best to live, its about the forecast for our economy and I put these sorts of threads up to lead people to our major print papers so that they can be assisted in what to expect if they migrate.

Its all about NEW information not raking over old coals. When a thread gets mired down in he/she said etc the point of the thread is lost to the new people because they have to trawl through all sorts of personal interest.

Keep to the subject, if you have personal observations about where its best to live then start a new thread.

Its not about where is best to live, its about the forecast for our economy and I put these sorts of threads up to lead people to our major print papers so that they can be assisted in what to expect if they migrate.

Its all about NEW information not raking over old coals. When a thread gets mired down in he/she said etc the point of the thread is lost to the new people because they have to trawl through all sorts of personal interest.

Pull the other one.

Your as bad as the others. You only put this up for cheap political point scoring against the Government.

I actually agree with Johndoe and most of the points he makes

I'm now learning to laugh at the said posts from said people

As it aint worth it

I also can't see the point of them wanting to post here

I actually don't give a rats arse about the UK and how great it is

But after all it's only a forum

In fairness Howard, a similar complaint (if you like) could be levelled at posters who frequent the MBTTUK forum, but who have no interest in ever returning there, but who use that sub-forum as an opportunity to demean those planning to return home. I'm not accusing you of this, but there are some posters on there who leave me scratching my head as to why they bother.

Just keep to the subject and its not about politics its about peoples livelihoods and making an informed decision whether to migrate or not.

Well be true to your word and make no further cheap shots at the government.

You are not fooling me. People do not choose to migrate depending on who is in government so you do not need the pretence of mentioning the government.

Well be true to your word and make no further cheap shots at the government.

You are not fooling me. People do not choose to migrate depending on who is in government so you do not need the pretence of mentioning the government.

Australia is still a free country yes?. Where freedom of expression is permitted and internet forums flourish? You seem to be edging very close to telling people what to do Parley. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of such instruction?

Australia is still a free country yes?. Where freedom of expression is permitted and internet forums flourish? You seem to be edging very close to telling people what to do Parley. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of such instruction?

I have no problem in expressing opinions. But honesty is important and be upfront about what you are doing.

Just didn't like pretending the thread wasn't about politics and only about helping potential migrants when the opening post was such a cheap shot at the government.

The motivation for the thread was obvious.

As I said I don't care about the opinions but at least be honest about what you are doing.

I don't care, I'm just curious as to why folks who return to the Uk, who purport to have a lifestyle better than Oz offered them, then find the time, or (why) the motivation, to seek out a forum based on migration, that clearly doesn't concern them as they ain't migrating, So why didn't you chat with the folk on this forum when you were coming over here? Why the need to contribute now?

Long standing members will be fully aware of the idiots, back in the UK, who attempt to present themselves as "down to earth tradies" and "dog and real ale lovers" that hated Oz with a vengeance but rather than "letting it go" seem to have nothing better to do (how do they find the time?) than trawl (troll) Australian newspapers online looking for the slightest negativity that will allow them to post something that they feel will evoke a response that (in their sad mind) will boost their ego or at the very least, will afford them some attention............which, to my suspicious thinking, has me wondering why they seek said attention?.............not that I care.......i've already drawn my conclusions.

As sad as these persons may appear to some, those who will dismiiss them outright as sad b#stards and refuse to be drawn into their threads, it doen't mitigate the fact that if left unchallenged, these gobshltes can influence a potential migrants decision. All the guff that I've heard from other members that state, "well if they listen to what's on a forum then they deserve what's coming to 'em" only goes to show how much folk don't realise how easy it is to be influenced by others. If you weren't to believe what was said, what's the point of having a forum that allows 'em to say it?

Are you one of them Bristolman? Someone who appears "out of the woodwork" with nothing but negativity about Oz and praise for the UK? Or are you a "newer generation" who can, by their manner of posting, appear "neutral" with regards to Oz but only as long as it allows you to trumpet the praise of the UK? Time will tell.

But the opposite seems more relevant in that you care with a degree of ferocity. What does it matter if those return continue to air their story or how negative that story may or may not be? Others will write of the mistake they made returning to UK but I suppose that is acceptable.

From my reckoning there is more than enough propaganda within the UK media putting a positive spin on the virtues of living Down Under. It can only be positive for those considering the move to be exposed to the negatives as well.

But the opposite seems more relevant in that you care with a degree of ferocity. What does it matter if those return continue to air their story or how negative that story may or may not be? Others will write of the mistake they made returning to UK but I suppose that is acceptable.

From my reckoning there is more than enough propaganda within the UK media putting a positive spin on the virtues of living Down Under. It can only be positive for those considering the move to be exposed to the negatives as well.

I think it's only fair and reasonable that people are forwarned or the potential issues. It's not all sunshine and oranges. If people can address potential problems before they come, they may be in a better position to stay, or save themselves a lot of money. I have heard many on here on threads where teenagers resist coming put forward the view that one young person can't dictate to a family, drag them here and they will like it etc. Having been down that route, I think its my responsibility to highlight the pitfalls of such actions, and how dare someone try and silence me.

There are sirons on this website.

Edited by newjez