Cost of Living in Australia 2015

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those cleaning jobs must pay well Shelly.

Hahaha I wish it did I work my little ass off get 20 a hr ...she charges me out at 30 eight ..I buy my own cleaning stuff too ...lol ...I like it though it keeps me good and stops me thinking ...too much lol :)and petrol and mileage ...I pay for lol but it stops me being bored allday long I was thinking too much lol :):):) I went on my own in wa and charged 20 too but I cud go on my own here but I didn't know anyone and lots and lots of people doing it too ...my friend in wa use to charge u out at 44 and give the cleaners 20 haha I will go back on my own wen I get in wa :) again I think I don't know I'll see :)!

Edited by Shellybingobingo

• 1 month later...

Well i can't believe some of these prices which country do you live in? My 2002 Toyota Avalon insurance is $600 p/a fully comp.Rego Is $814.90 p/a In Queensland just got my renewal notice. House rates are $1650on half acre block half yearly.Petrol is $132.litre Shopping is rediculous a leg of lamb $32, Lamb Chops are $41kg milk is $4 for 3litres.Bread a decent loaf $5 Potatoes $4.50 a kg Tomatoes $6,85 kg,Broccali $10kg half a gabbage $5 i piece of small parsnip $2.85.Ice Cream $9.00 for 4 litres Take your car to a repair Shop $150 per hr.And it's hard to find a mechanic that you don't have to take it back or know what he's doing., Get Repairs done on your home is ridiculous just had a quote to do a retaining wall 800 Hx12 mtres L and 6mtres deep.Quoted $10,000 @,$11500.Done it myself for $3500,Tradesmen Here are Rip off Merchants,If you can find a good one, you are so lucky.We Live Sunshine Coast Tin Can Bay,Sand flies with teeth,and Repellent is $9.88 you can use 3 a week.GST is sure to go up to 15% Australia is heading for a deep recession,Just my opinion.This Government hasn't a clue how to Govern,Unless it's in a mining Boom Raining money on them,Like this Liberal Go v, had for 13 years ,and did nothing with Australia's wealth.It was said a Monkey could have ran Australia,Howard was Asked Time and Time Again When was He going to DIVERSIFY.The Mining Boom Won't last forever.Howard. Hockey. and Abbott,Had no Doubts it would.Now It's all Over.And they are relying on the Price of Iron Ore,It's joke.After they ran EVERYTHING INTO THE GROUND WHEN THEY WERE IN OFFICE,THEY SPENT NOTHING,HORDED THE LOT.THEN WHEN THE GFC CAME THEY DID N"T EVEN BELIEVE IT.AND BLAMED LABOR FOR GETTING THE COUNTRY IN DEBT,NOW THEY HAVE DOUBLED THE DEBT LABOR LEFT,AND TALKING ABOUT BUILDING 12 MORE DUD COLLINS CLASS SUBS COSTING BILLIONS,FOR WHAT>

c

Well i can't believe some of these prices which country do you live in? My 2002 Toyota Avalon insurance is $600 p/a fully comp (4WD Ford Ranger $800 full comp).Rego Is $814.90 p/a In Queensland just got my renewal notice. House rates are $1650on half acre block half yearly ($860 for 2 ACRES half yearly).Petrol is $132.litre Shopping is rediculous a leg of lamb $32 (Australian Lamb $7.99 kilo), Lamb Chops are $41kg (Australian lamb chops $13.99 kilo) milk is $4 for 3 litres ($2.20) .Bread a decent loaf $5($2.50 - $4 dependning on offer) Potatoes $4.50 a kg (washed whites $2.80 kilo) Tomatoes $6,85 kg ($2.85 kilo),Broccali $10kg, half a gabbage $5($1.50) i piece of small parsnip $2.85.Ice Cream $9.00 for 4 litres ($4.70) Take your car to a repair Shop $150 per hr.And it's hard to find a mechanic that you don't have to take it back or know what he's doing (no issues here i married a mechanic)., Get Repairs done on your home is ridiculous just had a quote to do a retaining wall 800 Hx12 mtres L and 6mtres deep.Quoted $10,000 @,$11500.Done it myself for $3500,Tradesmen Here are Rip off Merchants,If you can find a good one, you are so lucky.We Live Sunshine Coast Tin Can Bay,Sand flies with teeth,and Repellent is $9.88 ($6) you can use 3 a week.GST is sure to go up to 15% Australia is heading for a deep recession,Just my opinion.This Government hasn't a clue how to Govern,Unless it's in a mining Boom Raining money on them,Like this Liberal Go v, had for 13 years ,and did nothing with Australia's wealth.It was said a Monkey could have ran Australia,Howard was Asked Time and Time Again When was He going to DIVERSIFY.The Mining Boom Won't last forever.Howard. Hockey. and Abbott,Had no Doubts it would.Now It's all Over.And they are relying on the Price of Iron Ore,It's joke.After they ran EVERYTHING INTO THE GROUND WHEN THEY WERE IN OFFICE,THEY SPENT NOTHING,HORDED THE LOT.THEN WHEN THE GFC CAME THEY DID N"T EVEN BELIEVE IT.AND BLAMED LABOR FOR GETTING THE COUNTRY IN DEBT,NOW THEY HAVE DOUBLED THE DEBT LABOR LEFT,AND TALKING ABOUT BUILDING 12 MORE DUD COLLINS CLASS SUBS COSTING BILLIONS,FOR WHAT>

c

Depending on where you live!! That's the big factor you forgot Zack as i too am in QLD and have figures no where like yours, maybe you need to shop around a little as it sounds like either A - you live in a rip off area or B -companys are taking you for a ride.

Maybe its because where you live is a bit of a touristy place, for example , i would expect you pay more in Surfers Paradise for items at a shop than you would pay in maybe Oxenford.

I have added my figures in RED next to yours above of items ive bought this past week, so you can get an idea of how much you are overpaying.

Cal x

well i can't believe some of these prices which country do you live in? My 2002 toyota avalon insurance is $600 p/a fully comp.rego is $814.90 p/a in queensland just got my renewal notice. House rates are $1650on half acre block half yearly.petrol is $132.litre shopping is rediculous a leg of lamb $32, lamb chops are $41kg milk is $4 for 3litres.bread a decent loaf $5 potatoes $4.50 a kg tomatoes $6,85 kg,broccali $10kg half a gabbage $5 i piece of small parsnip $2.85.ice cream $9.00 for 4 litres take your car to a repair shop $150 per hr.and it's hard to find a mechanic that you don't have to take it back or know what he's doing., get repairs done on your home is ridiculous just had a quote to do a retaining wall 800 hx12 mtres l and 6mtres deep.quoted $10,000 @,$11500.done it myself for $3500,tradesmen here are rip off merchants,if you can find a good one, you are so lucky.we live sunshine coast tin can bay,sand flies with teeth,and repellent is $9.88 you can use 3 a week.gst is sure to go up to 15% australia is heading for a deep recession,just my opinion.this government hasn't a clue how to govern,unless it's in a mining boom raining money on them,like this liberal go v, had for 13 years ,and did nothing with australia's wealth.it was said a monkey could have ran australia,howard was asked time and time again when was he going to diversify.the mining boom won't last forever.howard. Hockey. And abbott,had no doubts it would.now it's all over.and they are relying on the price of iron ore,it's joke.after they ran everything into the ground when they were in office,they spent nothing,horded the lot.then when the gfc came they did n"t even believe it.and blamed labor for getting the country in debt,now they have doubled the debt labor left,and talking about building 12 more dud collins class subs costing billions,for what>

c

:sleep:

Depending on where you live!! That's the big factor you forgot Zack as i too am in QLD and have figures no where like yours, maybe you need to shop around a little as it sounds like either A - you live in a rip off area or B -companys are taking you for a ride.

Maybe its because where you live is a bit of a touristy place, for example , i would expect you pay more in Surfers Paradise for items at a shop than you would pay in maybe Oxenford.

I have added my figures in RED next to yours above of items ive bought this past week, so you can get an idea of how much you are overpaying.

Cal x

are you living near oxenford? Just wondered as I shop there!

We don't pay these sort of prices here Zack. Far, far cheaper.

As Zack well knows. He's in an area that is renown for it's high prices and is there by his own choice, but prefers to blame Oz and not his choices. He will always quote the worst scenario to support his current dissilusionment with Oz. When tackled about his posts, he then disappears for weeks, only to resurface later, hoping that his whingeing will fall on new ears...........just another doom monger who has sucked up the good times but is now prepared to blame Oz for his current position..........if you can blame Oz. of course (which he does), it absolves him of blame for his choices.................Tin Can bay wasn't it, without me going back over old posts?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A dead/bolt hole if ever there was one.........what attracted you Zack? being able to feed the dolphins that were taught to depend on humans and their environment instead of their natural environment?.........The glossy brochures? Oh the irony!........rather like someone who comes here to the subs looking for cheap housing and then whines about the commute.

I'm sick to death of hearing about "oldies" who sucked up all Oz had to offer and who now seek to blame Oz for their lack of preparedness for later life...............feck off back to the UK with it's aged pension half of what Oz offers and see how happy you are then, which of course, will mean nothing to you if you have private means/pension, in which case, you should be happy with your lot, without constantly moaning about the cost of living here................you chose to come.............when the times were good...........and had it easier than most current migrants...........suck it up, or go back to whingeing Pommy Land

Edited by Johndoe

As Zack well knows. He's in an area that is renown for it's high prices and is there by his own choice, but prefers to blame Oz and not his choices. He will always quote the worst scenario to support his current dissilusionment with Oz. When tackled about his posts, he then disappears for weeks, only to resurface later, hoping that his whingeing will fall on new ears...........just another doom monger who has sucked up the good times but is now prepared to blame Oz for his current position..........if you can blame Oz. of course (which he does), it absolves him of blame for his choices.................Tin Can bay wasn't it, without me going back over old posts?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A dead/bolt hole if ever there was one.........what attracted you Zack? being able to feed the dolphins that were taught to depend on humans and their environment instead of their natural environment?.........The glossy brochures? Oh the irony!........rather like someone who comes here to the subs looking for cheap housing and then whines about the commute.

I'm sick to death of hearing about "oldies" who sucked up all Oz had to offer and who now seek to blame Oz for their lack of preparedness for later life...............feck off back to the UK with it's aged pension half of what Oz offers and see how happy you are then, which of course, will mean nothing to you if you have private means/pension, in which case, you should be happy with your lot, without constantly moaning about the cost of living here................you chose to come.............when the times were good...........and had it easier than most current migrants...........suck it up, or go back to whingeing Pommy Land

Is that really necessary ? I have agreed with a lot of your posts but this sort of nonsense does nobody any good. Go back to whinging Pommy Land, really ?

Is that really necessary ? I have agreed with a lot of your posts but this sort of nonsense does nobody any good. Go back to whinging Pommy Land, really ?

My apologies. I didn't intend to direct my disgust at the UK but at this particular person's post, based on my knowledge of his previous rants.

When someone posts blatant rubbish in order to justify their return, then I don't see why I shouldn't hold the door open for them or not slam it behind them (so to speak). They are fair game for a few home truths in my book, despite how petty and aggressive that may seem to some............I suffer fools not gladly and I'm sorry if that riles anyone but I believe that sometimes, things need to be said.

I genuinely feel sorry for those who lose so much by leaving either country in order to retun dissilusioned, but for those who continue to whinge and whine, post exaggagerated prices and gross generalisations about Oz or the UK , and in partcular do this only when they fail to acknowledge that they came here when times were much easier and they were damned lucky to do so...............those who have "milked the cow" which is now running dry for them (they feel)............, the very same people who then continue to whine about an area that they have chosen to live in, without contributing anything else to the forum, I have no compassion whatsoever.

You'd be amazed at the number of posters who have slagged Oz or the UK off with a vengeance and who then return to laud it's praises................this after they have sewn doubts in the minds of potential migrants/returnees who really should have the sense to look into a poster's history before giving any consideration to what they say

Free at my place too :wink: Take your pick ................... red, pink or white ones.

And yeller 'uns and brahn 'uns...

At the other end of our beach is a stretch of land about 1 km long. It is part of the Cape Hillsborough National Park and has, perhaps, 10,000 dendrobium discolor orchids, all wild, on trees, rocks and on the ground...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobium_discolor

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks for this post, we are looking at all this again as we held off to have a family.

I wonder if any kind families in Melbourne would share their costs with me on here or PM for the below Utilities? If you could let me know size of family and house size, i.e. my figures are monthly predicted for a family of 4 (2 x Adults and 3 x kids under 5) staying in 3 or 4 bedroom house in suburbs, just need to know if I'm about there or way way off?

Water $70 ($210 per 1/4)

Elec $92 ($276 per 1/4)

Gas $50 ($150 per 1/4)

Thanks for this post, we are looking at all this again as we held off to have a family.

I wonder if any kind families in Melbourne would share their costs with me on here or PM for the below Utilities? If you could let me know size of family and house size, i.e. my figures are monthly predicted for a family of 4 (2 x Adults and 3 x kids under 5) staying in 3 or 4 bedroom house in suburbs, just need to know if I'm about there or way way off?

Water $70 ($210 per 1/4)

Elec $92 ($276 per 1/4)

Gas $50 ($150 per 1/4)

I would say the electricity forecast is VERY optimistic, do you mean $92 a month ? Probably closer to $92 a week.

I would say the electricity forecast is VERY optimistic, do you mean $92 a month ? Probably closer to $92 a week.

Yeah the first figures are monthly, I had a feeling I might be out. Just hoping some Melbourne families can share their Water, Gas and Elec outgoings so I can get a better idea

My last bill was $70 for a month

Yeah the first figures are monthly, I had a feeling I might be out. Just hoping some Melbourne families can share their Water, Gas and Elec outgoings so I can get a better idea

From memory we used to pay around $700 a year for water BUT they have gone up a fair bit since then (4 years ago).

We didn't have gas but again from memory electricity was about $200 a month, again prices have risen steeply.

Edited by bristolman
Bad maths