OK- now for our preferences

starlight7

What would be yours? If you like you can say why!

If I could live in any:

Brisbane - because QLD is my favourite state, easiest access to Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef and other great places. Plus it is affordable. Spend loads of time here

Sydney - good combination of city and beautiful coastline, Australian icons, good access to lots of other places to visit. Live here

Darwin - maybe just because it provides something really different and we moved for new experiences. Spent about 3 days here.

Adelaide - affordable, wine country. Visiting a couple of times, long weekends etc.

Canberra - nothing to say really, but better than the next two. Visited once, two days.

Melbourne - just don't like it, ugly. Nice coffee. Visited several times for work and leisure.

Perth - I do not think there are any circumstances in which I would consider living in Perth. Zero attraction to me. Visited couple of times.

Brisbane

Melbourne

Sydney

Perth

Adelaide

loved my holiday in Tassie but no jobs for what I do there. Hobart would be right up there otherwise.

I would live in any of those cities apart from Adelaide....commuting from as close to Barrossa Valley as is feasible could convince me though ;-)

Brisbane

Melbourne

Sydney

Perth

Adelaide

loved my holiday in Tassie but no jobs for what I do there. Hobart would be right up there otherwise.

I would live in any of those cities apart from Adelaide....commuting from as close to Barrossa Valley as is feasible could convince me though ;-)

yes no work in tassie, better not many come here...not much to do either and the traffic is horrific..

At the moment my list would be:

Canberra (don't knock it if you haven't tried it)

Brisbane

Melbourne

Perth

Adelaide

Hobart

Darwin

Sydney

However when I retire you wouldn't catch me living in any of the capitals - there are much, much nicer places to live in the regional areas.

At the moment my list would be:

Canberra (don't knock it if you haven't tried it)

Brisbane

Melbourne

Perth

Adelaide

Hobart

Darwin

Sydney

However when I retire you wouldn't catch me living in any of the capitals - there are much, much nicer places to live in the regional areas.

please tell me where that is in the regional areas ? Or is it a secret . To be honest I liked lorne on the great ocean road.but being a chippy with three kids to support work was lacking. Thus the need to go back to uk. I refuse too call it home because we have two homes now. But I digress one is calling.

please tell me where that is in the regional areas ? Or is it a secret . To be honest I liked lorne on the great ocean road.but being a chippy with three kids to support work was lacking. Thus the need to go back to uk. I refuse too call it home because we have two homes now. But I digress one is calling.

If I was a chippy I would live on the south coast of NSW. My BIL lives there and was complaining on the weekend that he is going to have to wait weeks to get some carpentry work done (house reno) even though one of his mates is a chippy because there is more work than they can handle.

I've only been to two cities so my list is based on what I know about the size of the city and the climate rather than any actual preference based on having been.

Adelaide

Brisbane

Hobart

Perth

Darwin

Canberra

Melbourne

Sydney

Archived