Did any pomsinoz members make the move to australia without a migration agent ?

RUDDMACE

Me and my partner have a migration agent but to be honest he doesn't seem to have the same motivation as we do, doesn't seem to be on the same page, and is providing us with very questionable information.

I would really appreciate knowing if members made the move to Oz without the assistance of a Migration Agent and whether or not it was worth it ?

Your comments as always would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy.

If you have the time to research what you need, you understand the process, you are not in a rush and you take your time it should be fine.

If you are confused, or have doubts be careful, you can lose a lot of money.

I will be heading down the nurse route for a 189 visa, there is lots of information on this online so I have chosen to go it alone!

We got a 189 without a migration agent. Lots of research & you need to be thorough but it was ok. Perhaps there were a couple of things we might have done differently with agent advice but don't think it made any difference in the long run. We fly to Melbourne next week :-)

Me and my partner have a migration agent but to be honest he doesn't seem to have the same motivation as we do, doesn't seem to be on the same page, and is providing us with very questionable information.

I would really appreciate knowing if members made the move to Oz without the assistance of a Migration Agent and whether or not it was worth it ?

Your comments as always would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy.

Yes loads have, probably half.

Hi

yeah I done my visa on my own. Found it quite a straight forward process, but time consuming. Once I got my visa I then adopted a child and organised her visa too. I found the forums very helpful.

Wow Elaine well done adopting a child I thought they would have sent you round the wrekin being from GB, sorry for going off thread :wink:

where did you learn the expression " around the wrekin" ???? I know its off topic but just curious xx

When I was a kid, if someone challenged you to a fight, they'd say, "Ok, let's go out on the wrekin" In my time/location it meant "spare ground"

The Immigration website has lots of good information, and then this website is a goldmine. I would say time to sit and research is the big reason why people use an agent.

We also wanted to front load everything and so the medicals, police clearances etc before being informed to do so, and I guess a visa agent might have gone by the book and discouraged that.

I'd say advice on strategy - both before and during the application process - plus an experienced perspective and input/guidance on the content of statements, documents, etc are material factors behind using an agent.

In the context of a general skilled application the skilled work experience claimed is a more significant risk factor.

Also supporting statements relating to de facto partner evidence can be a challenge for some.

Plus emotional support - the visa application process isn't an easy one.

The form filling is a relatively small part of the value add a good migration agent should bring to the party.

Best regards.

Archived